Premier Li announces that China is lifting lockdowns to restart economic growth. Wise decision?

JCR

BOO HOO for the economic system.
Will nurses unions allow qualified nurses assistants to work in hospitals on desperately needed additional bed capacity? The emptying out of beds with cancellations of elective surgery imposes great hardships on many and should not be the solution to bed capacity.
Everyone is Irish hospitals is helping out in whatever way they can. I don't know about China, I suspect everyone there is doing what they can also.

Patslatt1

Everyone is Irish hospitals is helping out in whatever way they can. I don't know about China, I suspect everyone there is doing what they can also.
Do you have specifics on additional bed capacity and staffing?

JCR

Do you have specifics on additional bed capacity and staffing?
The hospitals started to get ready very quickly, even as the government sat down to talk the hospitals were already preparing by making as many beds available as possible. The extra staffing initially came from people from other areas of expertise now being focused on this. This is before the extra additional staff called for began to work.

But no, I don't have specific numbers. But I would think we need to convert the empty hotels into treatment centres for people with other illnesses and less acute cases if C-19. I also think we should have quarantine centres.

puffin

Have you heard of the Keynesian revolution? Keynesianism went out of fashion from abuse of the concept of contracyclical government spending that led to 1970s high inflation. But it came roaring back in Washington last week.
The like of which will trigger the next Depression.

Patslatt1

again - is that really the best you can do?
MARXIST OUTED
Making Waves of 19th century Marxist ideology came out of the closet over on the Health forum. Now we know why we can't reason with him since he's found a new religion in Marxism. He sticks to those Marxist beliefs with religious fanaticism, not realising that Marxism/Leninism is the God that failed.

puffin

Crony Capitalism and Keynes. manufactured this crises, only money backed by Gold can save the World economy.

Popular Threads

Most Replies