• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

Prepare to be visited by the EU's 'Troll Patrol'

The EU is concerned about people saying naughty things about them on political websites, social networks or the like. And so your money is to be used in the vital cause of a rapid reaction force, a 'troll patrol', to counter the hostile rumblings of the natives. Or so says the Telegraph, anyway...

Spending on "qualitative media analysis" is to be increased by £1.7 million and while most of the money is to be found in existing budgets an additional £787,000 will be need to be raised next year despite calls for EU spending to reflect national austerity.

"Particular attention needs to be paid to the countries that have experienced a surge in Euroscepticism," said a confidential document agreed last year.

"Parliament's institutional communicators must have the ability to monitor public conversation and sentiment on the ground and in real time, to understand 'trending topics' and have the capacity to react quickly, in a targeted and relevant manner, to join in and influence the conversation, for example, by providing facts and figures to deconstructing myths."

EU to set up euro-election 'troll patrol' to tackle Eurosceptic surge - Telegraph

<Mod> This topic has been merged with "EU To Spend $3 million On Training For Social Media Screening And Is Hiring Trolls To Fight Euroscepticism". </Mod>

Last edited by a moderator:

Mercurial

"to join in and influence the conversation, for example, by providing facts and figures to deconstructing myths."

What's the problem with this exactly?

constitutionus

jaysus i'd just LOVE to see the EU's version of HBAP coming on to defend the indefensible !

:D :D :D :D

He3

Let's have the same for Leinster House - a team of PICs to set us straight when we err.

Who could see a problem with such helpful publicly funded guidance for us all.....?

Small query: would they correct the parliamentarians when they go wrong?

Last edited:

Magror14

Money well spent on tackling the ocean of rubbish anti EU posting that goes on here and elsewhere.

PS That was the easiest tenner I have ever made.

eoghanacht

Isn't that what Ibis is here for?

ruserious

The Ode to Despair continues.

emulator

What Goebbels would've given for this set up.... there's a few here should lash in their Cvs.

ScreeOrTalus

[video=youtube;kxXRDiKNPz0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kxXRDiKNPz0[/video]

Lempo

"to join in and influence the conversation, for example, by providing facts and figures to deconstructing myths."

“When it becomes serious, you have to lie." -Jean Claude Juncker.

Also Olli Rehn in his recent book told openly how in his position one has to sometimes explain black to be white, for example in defending Eurozone bank stress tests publicly even after Commission had already realized their creditibility was gone.

GDPR

Nothing really, so long as the announce themselves, but will they?

Will they call themselves Ibthis or Ibthat???????

There is nothing wrong with "providing facts and figures to deconstruct myths", I do it all the time, but that doesn't stop it pissing other posters off no end.
They have their opinions and they believe in them and they want to keep them, even if they are nonsense based.

Analyzer

The EU is concerned about people saying naughty things about them on political websites, social networks or the like. And so your money is to be used in the vital cause of a rapid reaction force, a 'troll patrol', to counter the hostile rumblings of the natives. Or so says the Telegraph, anyway...

EU to set up euro-election 'troll patrol' to tackle Eurosceptic surge - Telegraph
The Empire must maintain order. Dissent will not be tolerated to compromise the Imperial Vision.

Get with the program. Pay your sweat towards the Seanie Bondholders. Sweat until you are dead, for the bankers.

Concerning "facts and figures"....I wonder what facts and figures they might be.....

the facts and figures that decided the inclusion of Greece in the Eurozone ?

the facts and figures that idiots like Barrosso use to conclude that Europe is half way through this crisis ?

the facts and figures that the clowns in the ECB use to decide intereest rate policy ?

what about the facts and figures that were used to decide on what constitutes a curvy banana, a nobbly carrot, or a cabbage ?

The whole thing is utter madness.

Iphonista

“When it becomes serious, you have to lie." -Jean Claude Juncker.

Also Olli Rehn in his recent book told openly how in his position one has to sometimes explain black to be white, for example in defending Eurozone bank stress tests publicly even after Commission had already realized their creditibility was gone.
If you're worried about lies coming from the EU or EC, you'd probably be frantic about lies coming from Eurosceptic British newspapers.

Eire1976

Lempo

If you're worried about lies coming from the EU or EC, you'd probably be frantic about lies coming from Eurosceptic British newspapers.
I'm worried about the highest-ranking EU officials and lower-ranking EU officials giving bullspit to me as an EU country citizen paying for my share their insane salaries.

About British newspapers that only occasionally gets a click from me and nothing else... not so much.

greenbacks

I can't believe that they haven't come up with plans for a kill switch for the internet.

They must hate truth getting out there... conniving little weasels.