President acknowledges 'distress' of people

greengoose2

Isn'tit time to get rid of this office?

Waffling from the comfort of a 14 years residency in a vice regal lodge, she says:

Irish people, she said, will rise up to meet this challenge, will face it down, and in a time much shorter than we dare to imagine right now, she said we will be able to say it was difficult but Ireland got through it.
What sort of crap are we paying for. Perhaps some minimum wage earner will get some solace from it...

It's time for change. Has anyone ever done a costing for that silly office?

msteiner

When is the next Presidential Election even though it really doesn't matter?

vanla sighs

That selfish, lazy b!tch should shut her mouth. We don't need a FF lackey lecturing us. Yes, the Presidency should be scrapped - if we are in such dire financial straits then lets start with cuts at the VERY top.

bokuden

I'm pulling my comments because of the abusive language being tolerated on this thread. The moderators should sort this out.

Last edited:

msteiner

That selfish, lazy b!tch should shut her mouth. We don't need a FF lackey lecturing us. Yes, the Presidency should be scrapped - if we are in such dire financial straits then lets start with cuts at the VERY top.
Agreed on the cuts part.

TradCat

Given the kind of office it is, waffle is all she is in a position to offer and even though Mary is a world class waffler I think we've had enough. The office should either be scaled up or scaled down and scaled down is the better option in my view.

Maybe she is sending us a message?

Irish people, she said, will rise up to meet this challenge, will face it down, and in a time much shorter than we dare to imagine right now, she said we will be able to say it was difficult but Ireland got through it.

dresden8

STFU up Mary.

Cut your pay by 75% and hand some of it back bitch.

Legacy

I have to say I have no time for our President but I find the remarks on this thread, referring to her as a 'bitch', very offensive. There is absolutely no need for it. If you cant express yourself in a civil way maybe you shouldnt bother posting on this thread.

edifice.

I'm surprised she didn't comfort us with quotes from Seamus Heaney.

flexbrowne

?

So she's going to not accept half her salary, not accept her pension and move out really quickly? Didn't think so...........

I have to say I have no time for our President but I find the remarks on this thread, referring to her as a 'bitch', very offensive. There is absolutely no need for it. If you cant express yourself in a civil way maybe you shouldnt bother posting on this thread.
+1

Sadly this site has degenerated into one where any abuse goes with mods unwilling to action abuse.

Tiocfaidh_Armani

Time to scrap it. Has her wages been cut at all?

bokuden

WTTR

Website
www.johnfhiggins.eu
Given the kind of office it is, waffle is all she is in a position to offer and even though Mary is a world class waffler I think we've had enough.
Our problem is that all holders of political offices in Ireland would fit into your definition.

There was no politician; elected, nonelected, in government, or in opposition who stood up to defend the youth of Ireland when they were being lumbered with Jumbo Mortgages. It was this insane financial lunacy that led to us being in the place we are at the moment.

For some people, she would be the last hope of having some sort of political, moral acumen; as her previous work indicated. She might have had few administrative roles according to the Constitution to play; but she could have had moral authority.

She like all our other politicians was preoccupied with solving the problems outlined by those with a rifle and the bomb. They all chose to ignore pleads of those who choose not to have an Armalite in one hand, and warned against a more dangerous enemy in pin-stripped suits! These latter guys were so suave and cunning that she probably entertained them and their political hacks in fulfilling her role as head of State.

What the State needed in its time of invasion by the International Financial Buccaneers, was a wide awake and an acutely aware thundering disgrace politician! The anti-Buttiglione brigade in the EU Parliament disarmed the whole lot of them with a simple block on a national nomination for the Justice Commissionership portfolio in the previous EU session.

She chose to say nothing about the massive exploitation of our youth that was taking place, at least not in public! That was the stance taken by all holders of political office in Ireland, bar possibly Joe Higgins.

Sadly, we live in an era where it is the rigour for the National or EU government to nonchalantly dismiss the voice of law abiding people!

Fantasia

.. nice words Madam President.. now how about some sense of outrage at the deliberate destruction of Ireland by your fellow elites both foreign and domestic.

eoghanacht

Thanks Mary. Now any chance you'd take a reduction in your salary to show a bit of solidarity with your fellow citizens

New Threads