• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please us viua the Contact us link in the footer.

President Bill Clinton`s speech at Business & Finance Event

hammer

Stop wallowing in depression and listen to someone that has an idea as to the bigger picture.

82 views :(

richie268

You have got to read this!

Niall O'Dowd: Bill Clinton's Battle Cry to Irish, Get Up and Get Going Is Heeded
"Just how well he is regarded is shown by Ireland's most successful businessman Denis O'Brien who is one of those present on this night"
"He told students that compared to much of the world where $2 a day was a maximum wage they were fortunate to have such bright prospects in life. You could almost see them suddenly sit up and rethink their station in life"

And I would rethink my station in life also and I would ponder for while on the statement that $2 was a maximum wage in much of the world for one days work and wonder if those responsible should be charged with crimes against humanity,Clinton Included.

greengoose2

Clinton remains the most popular world politician in Ireland by a country mile.

The Irish have a bizarre opinion on politicians. That is clear from the morons, drunken or otherwise, who wander around the Irish parliament.

They also have a bizarre opinion on business leaders suc as:

Denis O'Brien stated bluntly that the Clinton speech would mark the launch of the Irish comeback. Declan Kelly, U.S. economic envoy to Northern Ireland, pronounced the speech the 'battle cry' that the Irish had been longing to hear.
The Irish also love sport. Manu, Liverpool, Leeds etc.

...and drink. petunia

karldaly

Denis O'Brien told students "they were fortunate to have such bright prospects in life. You could almost see them suddenly sit up and rethink their station in life"

Are you sure that wasn't Michael Lowery you were looking at Dinny?
"the 'battle cry' that the Irish had been longing to hear"

Funny thing that, but the only 'battle cry' I hear people longing for is 'JAIL THE CROOKED BANKERS.'
But I suppose that Dinny and 'THE LADS' don't hear that kind of uncomfortable talk either.
And I suppose when you analyse things properly I could be guilty of UNPATRIOTIC DUTY and I should stop throwing slurs at a fine upstanding people like Dinny and 'THE LADS.'
"the 'battle cry' that the Irish had been longing to hear"
Gimme a break.

Podolski1.5

Just the usual lecture from the rich to the poor. "You've never had it so good".

MauriceColgan

Website
www.irelandtoo.com
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wJImB43mn2o]YouTube - What a Wonderful Life Elvis Presley[/ame]

When I saw this film in the early 1960s I was married with two children and earning 12 Pounds sterling for 40 hours hard work. I'm not excusing the sad state of affairs in Ireland, just giving them some perspective.

Last edited:

karldaly

All the lies that you told me

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JlMtf-95-p4&feature=fvw]YouTube - Christy Hennessy All the lies that you told me[/ame]

Ulster-Lad

Ulster-Lad

Google result of cost for Clinton Speeches

Former President Bill Clinton traveled the globe in 2005 giving speeches that earned him $7.5 million, according to financial disclosure documents his wife, Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton, is required to file annually.
Bill Clinton's talk isn't cheap - CNN

Clinton's fee for his Fortune Forum appearance dwarfed the $280,000 the former president charged for a speech earlier in the day in London sponsored by a for-profit partnership and the $280,000 he received the next day for a speech in Dublin.
Bill Clinton's talk not cheap: The Swamp

Mr Clinton, said to be the highest-paid public speaker in the world, with fees of up to £300,000 a time
£700,000 - Clinton's bill for just three speeches in London and Dublin | Mail Online

Of course these articles are a bit old now so I would venture to say the cost is about €500,000 per speech now.

the_rebubblican

and the government has not disclosed how much he (Clinton) has been paid yet for this visit.
When desperate people do the craziest things even paying for snake oil salesmen to make them feel better even if its just for a short while...

hammer

He is right. There is hope. We need to be positive and help one another. The Government will do feck all to help us.

I heard today from some happy chappie that we should start working 5 1/2 days a week for 5 days pay to get our productivity and output up. We need to rebuild this economy.

Popular Threads

Most Replies