President Clinton in Derry to Promote Economic Development

picador

Bill Clinton is in Derry promoting peace and economic regeneration. He met the Firt and Deputy First Minisiters.

US Secretary of State Hillary Clinton will host a conference in ashington shortly aimed at encouraging U.S. businessmen to invist in NI.

Let's hope we see the fruits of that conference (and that Bill keeps his trousers on!)

BBC News - Former US president Bill Clinton arrives in Londonderry

damon

Sorry, Bill is now an ex-president and his star has waned to not much anything I would guess.

picador

Sorry, Bill is now an ex-president and his star has waned to not much anything I would guess.
He still retains the title President. And we badly need economic investment.

Conan UFB

Does this have something to do with the Derry UK city of culture nonsense?
More attempts to bribe the locals into accepting british rule?

picador

President Clinton comes from the United States of America. It is a big country which generally tells the British what to do, rather than the other way round.

You are doing SF proud (in an embarrassing way)

johntrenchard

according to protocol he should still be addressed as "Mr President".

thats just the way it is. all ex US presidents have that honour.

johntrenchard

ah come on like - it was the yanks who banged heads together. they had absolutely no reason to do so - but they did.

Clinton did well for Northern Ireland. disagree with him on a ton of political issues, but with NI , he's got my 100% support. He's a good man who did a ton of decent , humane work in solving the war up north.

factual

Bill Clinton is in Derry promoting peace and economic regeneration. He met the Firt and Deputy First Minisiters.

US Secretary of State Hillary Clinton will host a conference in ashington shortly aimed at encouraging U.S. businessmen to invist in NI.

Let's hope we see the fruits of that conference (and that Bill keeps his trousers on!)

BBC News - Former US president Bill Clinton arrives in Londonderry

It is good to see Bill Clinton visiting the six counties. He deserves a lot of credit in pushing the process forward at times when things were at a log jam and minds needed focussing.

All partisan comments to one side, I think its fair to point out that without Sinn Féin's peace strategy this kind of visit, and the investment opportunities that it brings, would simply not have happened.

picador

All partisan comments to one side, I think its fair to point out that without Sinn Féin's peace strategy this kind of visit, and the investment opportunities that it brings, would simply not have happened.
I think that could be construed as a partisan comment, factual.

earwicker

I think that could be construed as a partisan comment, factual.
Is "factual" for real?

There's something deliriously off-kilter about his/her posts. A work of art.

New Threads