• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

President Obama apologises for giving woman compliment

Clanrickard

Yes folks President Obama at a fundraiser called teh Attorney General for California Kamala Harris "the best looking at Attorney General" and for this indiscretion against the Feminist Thought Police he has been forced to apologise. The prissy Ms. Harris has said...

Ms Harris's spokesman said she strongly supported Mr Obama but would not say whether she had accepted his apology.
So there you have it. No giving compliments to women because belittles them and degrades and doesn't show sufficient appreciation.

BBC News - Obama sorry over Kamala Harris 'good-looking' comment

For the record here is Ms. Harris.............

Hitch 22

We mustn't annoy the lesbians. They are beautiful too ya know.

He3

From the Presidential gaffe archives - the classic from President Jimmy Carter:

"I've looked on many women with lust. I've committed adultery in my heart many times. God knows I will do this and forgives me."

gijoe

Yes folks President Obama at a fundraiser called teh Attorney General for California Kamala Harris "the best looking at Attorney General" and for this indiscretion against the Feminist Thought Police he has been forced to apologise. The prissy Ms. Harris has said...

So there you have it. No giving compliments to women because belittles them and degrades and doesn't show sufficient appreciation.

Obama should have said that "they all have beautiful bottoms".....or words to that effect......

IvoShandor

Twitter
yes

"I've looked on many women with lust. I've committed adultery in my heart many times. God knows I will do this and forgives me."
She's hot :p (nearest smilie to a lascivious leer available)

DuineEile

I'd certainly like oral intercourse with her (is there any other kind?) She seems like she would be a very good interlocutor.

D

Magror14

It was a completely inappropriate remark. It would carry the implication that for women to get ahead in the Obama administration they would need to be sexually attractive to the President.

It is a fact, though, that being attractive, whether male or female, is very important these days from the point of view of getting ahead. It is not particularly fair that it should be so but there it is.

Hitch 22

It just goes to show how things have changed in the last 50 years.

JFK had sex with all of their wives and they loved him for it.

Ribeye

And yet the feminists remain silent about the little girls that he murders, week in, week out,

Strange that, does not compute for Ribser,

(she's ugly btw)

Clanrickard

And yet the feminists remain silent about the little girls that he murders, week in, week out,

Strange that, does not compute for Ribser,

(she's ugly btw)
She isn't ugly. She is quite hot. Her looks have nothing to do with her ability to do her job and Obama never said otherwise.

Ribeye

She isn't ugly. She is quite hot. Her looks have nothing to do with her ability to do her job and Obama never said otherwise.
That wasn't really my point, i don't really give a fck how good that ugly cow is at her job,

It's the little girls being routinely incinerated by hellfire missiles that I'm troubled by,

Where's the fckn feminist outrage about that?

Colin M

Obama's is not even in the same ballpark. The modern disease of people 'looking' to feel offended.

opinions

Bet Clinton would have her on her knees in no time!

That wasn't really my point, i don't really give a fck how good that ugly cow is at her job,

It's the little girls being routinely incinerated by hellfire missiles that I'm troubled by,

I'm sure that plenty of them are outraged.

The politics of alliances: feminist peace action, drones and Code Pink | openDemocracy

Googling, for example, feminists against drones returns over 2 million hits.

Your point is moot in any event. Are they forbidden from commenting on one issue just because they haven't (although in this case they have) commented on another - admittedly much more serious - issue that you feel strongly about?

Am I not allowed to complain about the rain here because there are severe floods somewhere else?

What you pose is a false dichotomy; that they can only comment on one issue and that the issue should be this one. The truth is that they can comment on several issues (and frequently do).

Ren84

I thought this was something from The Onion at first. Obama should tell them all to feck off with themselves and stop being so daft. It's no wonder teahadists and other right wingers make such a mockery of Democrats.

Spanner Island

In fairness paying a woman a compliment on a one on one basis and announcing to the world for whatever reason you think someone is the best looking AG etc. are two different things...

Having said that - it is pathetic... all these people who seem so eager to be offended, or even worse - those who wallow in taking offence on behalf of others etc.

My recommendation - a blow up doll will accept all the compliments you give her... :shock:

Mercurial

Obama could have described her as the "hardest working AG in America", or "the most dedicated AG in America" or "the smartest AG in America" or in any other number of ways that didn't reference her looks rather than her character or ability.

But go ahead, create a thread whining about the fact that you might have to modify your use of language to be less sexist, you poor privileged thing.

Ribeye

I'm sure that plenty of them are outraged.

The politics of alliances: feminist peace action, drones and Code Pink | openDemocracy

Googling, for example, feminists against drones returns over 2 million hits.

Your point is moot in any event. Are they forbidden from commenting on one issue just because they haven't (although in this case they have) commented on another - admittedly much more serious - issue that you feel strongly about?

Am I not allowed to complain about the rain here because there are severe floods somewhere else?

What you pose is a false dichotomy; that they can only comment on one issue and that the issue should be this one. The truth is that they can comment on several issues (and frequently do).
Sorry Des, but that's not gonna fly with me, I know about the scum in Codepink,

They don't care about dead little girls, all they care about is money,

The dead girls are simply a way of tugging on the heart strings of the proles,

I'm sure that there are well meaning people in it, but they are being conned,

Ren84

Give it a rest ya broken record ye. We get it, you hate Obama. Marge, change the channel!