• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

Press council of Ireland advertising for Independent members

partnership

Saw this ad in the paper today for individuals who would like to service as independent members of the council. They should be of good standing and integrity, be free from any involvement in the press industry that could pose a conflict of interest.

I understand the second requirement but can anyone tell me what good standing and integrity actually means. I do of course have my own views on it but whether they would be the same as what is required I do not know.

I attempted to look more deeply into it looking at their website etc. I looked at the current independent members - 2 soliciters, 1 barrister, 2 professors and one CEO. So my question is can an ordinary working person apply to be an independent member of the press council?

neiphin

something like the constitutional commision then