• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

Priest in Kerry tells children truth about Santa - cue tears and outrage!

Kerrygold

I heard this story over the weekend and it has been confirmed on the front page of today's Kerry's Eye that a priest, Martin Hegarty who was filling in for his parish priest, told a class room of 6th class children in Lixnaw, Co. Kerry that santa didn't really exist.

He is quoted in the paper as saying that they were "too old" to believe in santa.

Now according to my own sources some of the parents were very upset and the Kerry's Eye quotes one man who said his 11 year old niece was left "bawling and crying".

The priest said he didn't intend to cause harm and didn't know anyone was upset. According to the Kerry's Eye he said, rather compassionately, "According to statisticians, Irish kids get more presents at Christmas than their European counterparts" and "So they needn't worry, the presents will still come, whether Santy comes or not."

:oops:

I wonder what the church would have to say if someone went into a classroom full of 11 year olds and told them, oh, lets say.... the truth about god? :evil:

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 17573

I heard this story over the weekend and it has been confirmed on the front page of today's Kerry's Eye that a priest, Martin Hegarty who was filling in for his parish priest, told a class room of 6th class children in Lixnaw, Co. Kerry that santa didn't really exist.

Now according to my own sources some of the parents were very upset and the Kerry's Eye quotes one man who said his 11 year old niece was left "bawling and crying".

The priest said he didn't intend to cause harm and didn't know anyone was upset. According to the Kerry's Eye he said, rather compassionately, "According to statisticians, Irish kids get more presents at Christmas than their European counterparts" and "So they needn't worry, the presents will still come, whether Santy comes or not."

I wonder what the church would have to say if someone went into a classroom full of 11 year olds and told them, oh, lets say.... the truth about god? :evil:
What was he doing in the classroom in the first place?
But on the Santa issue, it's a long time since I met an 11 year old believer!

potholedogger

Priests will not tell the truth about god as their livelihoods depend on it!

bob3367

There's always one.....anyway he wasnt telling the truth and will go to hell for lying.

So there....

ruserious

Revenge. Tell the congregation at Sunday's Mass that God doesn't exist :lol:

Lonewolfe

Ah Kerry!

Bet he didn't tell them the truth about the leprechauns!

realistic1

Joe Duffy is currently licking his lips, can you imagine the cuff out of him. 'think of the childers'

ergo2

there is a Santa

Not too sure if there is a God, or a life hereafter.

peacetrain11

Brilliant. especially coming from a priest. someone who has spent their life dedicated to a mystical unknown being of whom their is zero evidence. At least Santa Claus is real until you find out that its not him filling your stocking.

D

Deleted member 17573

This is Kerry - if he wants to really upset them he should tell them they won't win another All-Ireland for 10 years.

potholedogger

What was a Priest doing with School Children in the first place?

Why did he have access to them?