Prime Time on treatment of migrant workers

Anyone watching? I feel sick and ashamed at the disgusting treatment of these people. They were lured over here to do the jobs we wouldn't do, but are now being treated like the enemy within, their work permit conditions being made impossible to fulfill so that they are forced out. There are several Irish people on the program openly blaming the lack of work on immigrants, despite only a tiny fraction of the workforce being immigrants, another actually filmed threatening a Kenyan man for having the temerity to work here. I'm sick of this sh1t now, after we ourselves went to the four corners of the Earth expecting to be treated well. Lenihan is on now being a weasel.

If those immigrants go home and we revert to the Ireland of twenty years ago, I will leave myself. What a horrible prospect.

Digout

If those immigrants go home and we revert to the Ireland of twenty years ago, I will leave myself. What a horrible prospect.
Why not stay here and fight? This is your country and its FF that have messed it up. Its FF and their supporters that should go.

He3

A coup for FF press handlers, giving their policy on work permits an airing like this just before the elections.

What a pity.

He3

I do. Gets the message to the flock. The others don't count cos they won't be voting FF anyway.

goosebump

Anyone watching? I feel sick and ashamed at the disgusting treatment of these people. They were lured over here to do the jobs we wouldn't do, but are now being treated like the enemy within, their work permit conditions being made impossible to fulfill so that they are forced out. There are several Irish people on the program openly blaming the lack of work on immigrants, despite only a tiny fraction of the workforce being immigrants, another actually filmed threatening a Kenyan man for having the temerity to work here. I'm sick of this sh1t now, after we ourselves went to the four corners of the Earth expecting to be treated well. Lenihan is on now being a weasel.

Yeah, its pretty sickening, particularly when you have Gombeens all over the country lobbying to allow illegal Irish immigrants in the US be allowed stay in the US.

I don't see any problem with limiting the number of work permits, however. Its a reasonable response until we sort ourselves out.

Horace Horse

Yeah, its pretty sickening, particularly when you have Gombeens all over the country lobbying to allow illegal Irish immigrants in the US be allowed stay in the US.
This is a really stupid canard, but yet once more it is regurgitated here.

There is NO EVIDENCE (get it, goosebump?) that those who oppose Mass Immigration to Ireland have any sympathy for those who break the laws of the United States.

Why are you such a thick, vomiting up the same old nonsense?

I don't see any problem with limiting the number of work permits, however. Its a reasonable response until we sort ourselves out.
There's no need, people aren't coming here and the immigrants of recent years are leaving in large numbers. But either way, what really made me angry was that the Government have deliberately made the work permit system for those already here, the people we enticed in to do the jobs we wouldn't, the people we desperately needed and relied on, impossible to fulfill. People like the Indian fellow who worked his way up through sheer determination to become a manager, who might now have to leave despite, as he said himself, having earned the right to stay here. And it's all done, completely unnecessarily, to pander to the the kind of bonehead scum that were evident on that program with their sub-'We're with Enoch' b0ll0cks. The casual racism of many here is beginning to really grate me, we're showing ourselves to be as nasty and unpleasant in our hospitality as anyone on Earth. It actually gets me down. And let's not pretend either - there are a minority of those who bang on about immigration who are truly colour-blind on the issue, but they are a minority. A tiny minority. It's disgusting.

manna

Immigants on the run!

I'd say it's a scary place to be an immigant in Ireland today! Sadly, recessions foster racism!

corelli

Though some on here, I am sure, would label me one of the mass-immigration supporters, I actually don't have a difficulty with requesting those non-EU nationals who become unemployed and who cannot get a job within three months thereafter to leave. To be fair, they were NEVER promised a job for life or permission to remain forever when coming here. They applied for a permit in the normal manner and got work and prospered, to whatever extent, but surely to a greater extent than they would have at home, or they would have gone home long ago.

I realise they benefited the economy, but what seems to get lost here, is that they benefited from the opportunity too. I am all in favor of fair and compassionate systems but merely saying, oh, you cant send them home, they have been here 5 years and we needed them, undermines the whole purpose of a worker visa system. You issue them and retain them whilst you NEED them. It's not an operation in charity.

Staropramen

I think you are over reacting a bit to be honest Toxic, we have had relatively few incidents of racism in this country over the years. Also, lets not forget the massive change in population we have experienced recently. Sadly, there will always be a few boneheads, every country has them.

FutureTaoiseach

Website
greatdearleader.blogspot.com
There's no need, people aren't coming here and the immigrants of recent years are leaving in large numbers. But either way, what really made me angry was that the Government have deliberately made the work permit system for those already here, the people we enticed in to do the jobs we wouldn't, the people we desperately needed and relied on, impossible to fulfill. People like the Indian fellow who worked his way up through sheer determination to become a manager, who might now have to leave despite, as he said himself, having earned the right to stay here. And it's all done, completely unnecessarily, to pander to the the kind of bonehead scum that were evident on that program with their sub-'We're with Enoch' b0ll0cks. The casual racism of many here is beginning to really grate me, we're showing ourselves to be as nasty and unpleasant in our hospitality as anyone on Earth. It actually gets me down. And let's not pretend either - there are a minority of those who bang on about immigration who are truly colour-blind on the issue, but they are a minority. A tiny minority. It's disgusting.
They are still coming here. Go to welfare.ie (Dept website) and check out the statistics on PPS nos. 29,000 have already gone for foreign-nationals this year, of which around 25% are Poles.

B

birthday

Is anyone looking at the programme that has followed Primetime.
It has to be the most irritating thing I have seen for months-.
I cannot find the remote on the sofa....

He3

Is anyone looking at the programme that has followed Primetime.
It has to be the most irritating thing I have seen for months-.
I cannot find the remote on the sofa....
here use mine

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies