• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

Prime Time Tue 5/2/2013 @ 21:35: Live audience - Magdalen Laundries

Norman Bates

Twitter
norman60bates
https://twitter.com/RTE_PrimeTime/status/298897174383697920/photo/1

First, read this. This has all the details laid out for tonight’s show:

Prime Time - 5th February 2013 - RTÉ News

And tonight is the first programme with a live studio audience. Join Miriam O’Callaghan and Pat Kenny from 21:35 on RTÉ 1. Tonight Tanya Sillem examines the Magdalen Laundries report while Miriam and Pat speak to the women at the heart of it.

Also tonight, Eithne O'Brien tells the story of Rochfortbridge and how one town fared from boom to bust.

The show also examines the German attitude to Ireland's prospects for a deal on its debt with renowned economist Hans-Werner Sinn.

Online: Aertv | Watch Irish TV live online RTE player: RTÉ News Now: Latest Irish News

Grey Area

Good OP Norm. To pile tragedy upon tragedy the representatives of the Magdalen Prisons are hopeless. How they ever agreed to allow Martin McAleese, a well connected Catholic supremist, to Chair the report is beyond me. Days before it's publication he resigns and heads back to his real home in Rome to retire with his, anti divorce, anti abortion, wife in the nunnery. A stitch up ever there was one. You could not dream this stuff up.

To add insult upon injury Enda Kenny referred to them today as 'residents'.

RTE will gladly use these people tonight for human interests fodder and the real issues will fade into the background. Continuing the abuse.

Disgrace is too mild a word for this whole freak show!

Last edited:

carlovian

Who got paid the highest during the boom years ?

You did pat.

Oh sorry,, who paid the highest price for the boom ?

The overpaid rte presenters who speculated wildly on property I guess.

nonpartyboy

Good OP norm. To pile tragedy upon tragedy the representatives of the Magdalen Prisons are hopeless. How they ever agreed to allow Martin McAleese, a well connected Catholic supremist, to Chair the report is beyond me. Days before it's publication he resigns and heads back to his real home in Rome to retire with his, anti divorce, anti abortion, wife in the nunnery. A stitch up ever there was one. You could not dream this stuff up.

RTE will gladly use these people tonight for human interests fodder and the real issues will fade into the background. Continuing the abuse.

No way is the state going to admit liability here, we've had the army deafness, redress board etc......the state is bankrupt and there is going to be widespread strikes to save 1bn, i'm not saying it right but they will drag it out till most of them have passed, but the legal crowd will make a fortune in the end.

ruserious

See what our German friend has to say next.

Colin M

That 80+ year old woman was excellent. She's heard enough rubbish from the authorities, over the years.

Grey Area

No way is the state going to admit liability here, we've had the army deafness, redress board etc......the state is bankrupt and there is going to be widespread strikes to save 1bn, i'm not saying it right but they will drag it out till most of them have passed, but the legal crowd will make a fortune in the end.
True. As far I am concerned money is not the issue here the lack of action by the DPP is!

nonpartyboy

See what our German friend has to say next.
All it will take is another arrogant ************************er telling paddy how it's going to be and paddy will hit the big red button......

nonpartyboy

True. As far I am concerned money is not the issue here the lack of action by the DPP is!
Unfortunately it's always about the money......maybe not for the victims.....but the legal advisors, support groups, quangos and even some family members want their justice.

optics

Good OP Norm. To pile tragedy upon tragedy the representatives of the Magdalen Prisons are hopeless. How they ever agreed to allow Martin McAleese, a well connected Catholic supremist, to Chair the report is beyond me. Days before it's publication he resigns and heads back to his real home in Rome to retire with his, anti divorce, anti abortion, wife in the nunnery. A stitch up ever there was one. You could not dream this stuff up.

It's astonishing the way RTÉ are behaving now. Where were they, when all this was going on (as well as the rest of the establishment)?

sport02

Our government will not have default on our foreheads.

LDF

I like this German dude. Looks like David Norris after a crash diet but he speaks the truth on the bank debt.

nonpartyboy

Is this lad trying to rewrite history ? we supposely owe the money to the ecb now.....if "that" letter exists is any act of treachery not to release it and let the cards fall where they may.

smitchy2

The bondholders have been paid back in Anglo. That German guy does not seem to realise that.