Primetime 18 November 2010

dresden8

Off to a good start

"After days of pointless prevarication"

RTE are fncking FF over.

He3

By any standards one of the blackest days in the history of the State, says Miriam.

bananarepublic.ie

Just missing George Lee on the steps of Dept. of Finance!! Jane mac! one thing 1 bn they are talking 10 yoyo..

dresden8

2 years after guarantee scenarios are emerging as to how much it might cost.

Dear sweet fncking Jesus.

mmclo

Looks like the IMF are staying in Blooms hotel and sharing taxis so total expenses will be less than one John O'Donoghue trip!

He3

"It is not the function of the Government to fund or bail out the banks."

- Brian Lenihan, November 19th, 2008

gatsbygirl20

Brilliant opening to Primetime. Then my online RTE thingy started showing "error" so that's that. Please keep me posted, oh good people on P.ie. What's the analysis, and any quotes?

bananarepublic.ie

46 billion already into our banks.

Pissed up against a wall.
Where it all went, just wondering because the mother ship (US/UK banks) all ready intensive care? No Mortgage bail out. Big shots filed bankruptcy. Lehman gone 2 years back. So where this all went?

DCon

Weren't Anglo/the Developers who had deposits there smart to get in first, get nationalised and get all their cash early?

dresden8

Weren't Anglo/the Developers who had deposits there smart to get in first, get nationalised and get all their cash early?
Anybody remember "early movers"? (or was it first mover, so much bs, I can't remember it all.)

davidcameron

By any standards one of the blackest days in the history of the State, says Miriam.
For goodness' sake, it's not as if someone flew an airliner into the IFSC. Economic crises do not cause fatalities.

New Threads

Most Replies