• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

Primetime : 25th April 2013 : Recycled Clothing and Organised Crime

gerhard dengler

Charities dependent upon donations of clothing are victims of an organised East European criminal gangs.
On RTE1 now.

Charities dependent upon clothing donations are being deprived of hundreds of thousands in income annually.

Excellent work by Paul Maguire.

Malbekh

It's brilliant. Unfortunately the anti-immigrant gang will descend shortly. Doesn't take away from an excellent return to form.

Merovingian

Legal vacumn? Where the hell are the Gardai?. Organised crime organised as usual by idiots waiting to be caught. No sign of the cops. Asleep at the wheel / desk.

FrankSpeaks

13,000 Gardaí and they can't catch these guys, a few RTE reporters and they can catch them red handed!

The Garda Commisioner needs to answer why they are not catching these criminals!

gerhard dengler

Legal vacumn? Where the hell are the Gardai?. Organised crime organised as usual by idiots waiting to be caught. No sign of the cops. Asleep at the wheel / desk.
If I understand it correctly, it is not illegal to steal the clothes?

Why can't the gardai prosecute the thieves for criminal damage to property (collection bins)?

nonpartyboy

Rte's second major investigation into clothes nappers, who will ever forget the original boucher hayes expose.

Rte are a joke who would not investigate anybody where things might get messy for them, either bankers or drug dealers.

NO make a big deal out of some eastern european/romanian/albanian crime gang....crime gang me arse.

nonpartyboy

That's right, clothes nappers top of the most wanted list...........

Bill

Was recycling my glass a few weeks ago, a white van pulled up and the guy got out and started looking at the clothes bins, herself was sitting in the car so she took a picture and noted the reg , anyway we stopped into Coolock garda station to report it, they where very interested told us they already had this guy's reg and would follow up on it.

nonpartyboy

13,000 Gardaí and they can't catch these guys, a few RTE reporters and they can catch them red handed!

The Garda Commisioner needs to answer why they are not catching these criminals!
FFS, why don't you table a PQ..........would rte not be better served "investigating"....some real crime.....?

Eoin Coir

Garda are too bust protesting about pay, or catching decent people a few miles over speed limit - shooting fish in a barrel, catching the low hanging fruit ?

Expose the lot of them

Is ion on the dole too?
I must say that thought occurred to me, when he claimed he could not speak English I thought "bet he can speak enough to claim the dole", also wondered was there rent allowance involved?

I cannot understand why these people are not prosecuted, jailed and deported, breaking into and taking from the property of another is theft, there is no need for any extra legislation, simply enforce the laws that exist. I would be very interested to hear the outcome of the cases of the five people from the same address who had been prosecuted for theft from these charity clothing bins.

Since this activity was first publicised some years ago I have made a point of delivering clothing directly to the charity shop rather than using the bins.

The refusal of the charities to reveal how much they receive from their textile recycling "partners" is utterly outrageous and should result in donors refusing any further donations until the true figures are revealed.

Ivan Cooper is quite correct about the need for transparency in the charity sector, in the absence of legislation, similar to that in the UK, regulating charities, ivan has been deeply involved in developing and promoting a voluntary code of practice for charities, it is extremely revealing which charities have signed up and which have not.

greybadger

You can bet there will be some movement after tonight's show. Shame is a powerful motivator. A Government of morons who seem incapable of doing anything right.

Eoin Coir

RTE at its best tonight. Well done, and shows up the gardai, no wonder drug dealers and subversives can work here unhindered.

Expose the lot of them

Rte's second major investigation into clothes nappers, who will ever forget the original boucher hayes expose.

Rte are a joke who would not investigate anybody where things might get messy for them, either bankers or drug dealers.

NO make a big deal out of some eastern european/romanian/albanian crime gang....crime gang me arse.

What would you describe them as, "a discriminated against minority"?

These people are the scum of the earth.