• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

Primetime- are the irish people being railroaded into a pro abortion regime...

nonpartyboy

As the experts say, WE DO NOT KNOW THE FACTS..... and yet we have been subjected to days of people who claim to have all the facts.

What we are witnessing is a stitch up by the irish liberal agenda and the pro abortion lobby.

How many irish lay people ever got a veto on a irish "investigation" board either ?

mr. jings

As the experts say, WE DO NOT KNOW THE FACTS..... and yet we have been subjected to days of people who claim to have all the facts.

What we are witnessing is a stitch up by the irish liberal agenda and the pro abortion lobby.
This needed a new thread? Really?

Edo

railroaded? - given the speed that this government are going - the rails will have rusted away before any train approaches

nonpartyboy

railroaded? - given the speed that this government are going - the rails will have rusted away before any train approaches
Not for the want of trying by some......

pippakin

Twenty years since the X case is hardly being railroaded. It seems some people may be afraid that the govt are finally going to legislate which is what the majority thought they were elected to do.

MariaMcN

Pretty much yeah. They are hijacking this tragic case and using it to push a so-called 'pro-choice' agenda that has nothing to do with the events in the Galway case.

Pure cynical opportunism.

mr. jings

This is backstage, is it not ?
I guess...

Anyway people on both side of the PT debate tonight stressed on more than one occasion that we don't have the facts, and the VT opened with a strong quote from Niamh Ní Bhriain. Nor did anyone on the panel try and advocate a liberalisation of the law in the light of hard cases at hand. So no would be answer to your question.

J

Johnny Boy

Ireland's people are becoming more liberal on social issues and, of course, less influenced by practitioners of superstitious rituals.
It is inevitable. The Ireland you are trying to hold onto is crumbling. Older liberals like me had to put up with the disappointment of all this crap 40 years ago . Now, perhaps, it is your turn to be disappointed.
Tough sh!t!

MariaMcN

Ireland's people are becoming more liberal on social issues and, of course, less influenced by practitioners of superstitious rituals.
It is inevitable. The Ireland you are trying to hold onto is crumbling. Older liberals like me had to put up with the disappointment of all this crap 40 years ago . Now, perhaps, it is your turn to be disappointed.
Tough sh!t!
I'd love to be an Atheist. They never get irrationally angry or hostile, or throw around cheap insults, or engage in childish name-calling. It really is something to be admired!

Half Nelson

Pretty much yeah. They are hijacking this tragic case and using it to push a so-called 'pro-choice' agenda that has nothing to do with the events in the Galway case.

The report that pro-choice met in advance of the news breaking publicly and planned how to use Savita's death to maximum advantage, is truly sickening.

I'm sure many of those who took to the streets, and now realise they were duped, will not be impressed.

nonpartyboy

Tough sh!t!

I'm only disappointed for the poor babies......i don't care about your ideology.

Sesna

Interesting on Primetime when it was revealed that an abortion on demand group in Galway contacted the Irish Times journalist who broke this story, and enouraged Savita's husband to go to the media about it. Not that the real agenda behind this debate was ever in doubt.

pippakin

The reverse is the truth and you know it. The Supreme court ruled on X and successive govts have refused to legislate. The European court have ruled and the same govts have refused to legislate. Earlier this year Kenny declared there was no urgency.

Kenny et al are behaving the same way every cowardly govt have behaved since X. Its a disgrace that women cannot be sure their health will be properly cared for.

The_SR

As opposed to a small minority group of religious fanatics who railroaded this mess onto us in 1983 because the bearded rapist in the sky told them to? Spare us.

Times have changed. The Irish people want X dealt with but do not want full abortion on demand services. All this paranoid nonsense that X will bring in full abortion from the Taliban is defensive, kneejerk dribble. They are losing and losing it.

The_SR

I'm only disappointed for the poor babies......i don't care about your ideology.
And I am disappointed for the deal lady and want to make sure it does not happen to any of the women in my life. That is the real discussion, not some inane attempt to turn x into something it can never be,

gerhard dengler

The report that pro-choice met in advance of the news breaking publicly and planned how to use Savita's death to maximum advantage, is truly sickening.

I'm sure many of those who took to the streets, and now realise they were duped, will not be impressed.
The dead Indian woman is collateral damage as far as the pro choice / pro abortion advocates are concerned.

Opportunistic doesn't begin to describe their interest in this tragedy in Galway.

I said it earlier.
If that man's recollection is factual and true - I would be breaking down the door of any enquiry for the opportunity to testify to what happened to my wife whether the enquiry was prejudiced or not.

Bill

Is that the general consensus among Imperial storm troopers, how do feel about rebel scum?

Hewson

As opposed to a small minority group of religious fanatics who railroaded this mess onto us in 1983 because the bearded rapist in the sky told them to? Spare us.

Times have changed. The Irish people want X dealt with but do not want full abortion on demand services. All this paranoid nonsense that X will bring in full abortion from the Taliban is defensive, kneejerk dribble. They are losing and losing it.
Oh, do shut up.