• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please contact us.

Primetime- are the irish people being railroaded into a pro abortion regime...

MariaMcN

No, I want one side to accept the democratic will of the people and allow the state to save lives. Not attempt to impose their religious values on others on the basis of a paranoid and inaccurate belief it will turn into abortion on demand. You have a right to be heard. But others have a right not to die for your religion
No pro-life person I know is against interventions to save women's lives, so your last point is utterly ridiculous.

The Constitution contains very strong pro-life statements and pro-lifers won't be bullied into keeping schtum.

MariaMcN

And a mentally ill individual who may take their own life is never cause for a just termination?
Vile, just vile.
It's simply not policeable or properly enforceable. That is fact. This is the reason why the UK now has abortion on demand. The grounds could not be properly policed. If you allow abortions for reasons other than strict medical necessity you might as well accept that you will have abortion on demand.

Feckkit

No, I want one side to accept the democratic will of the people and allow the state to save lives.

That slogan ^^^ could be true for either 'side', but that's probably not what you had in mind.

However, you seem to have more in common with your opposition than you think :)

....to impose their religious values on others .....

Being pro-life/anti-abortion is not the exclusive preserve of those who hold 'religious values'. Never forget that.

TimBuckII

Twitter
Yes I am
My view is that the case in Galway has been hijacked.

In saying that it will also forced legislation.

I'm not one bit impressed about being forced to do anything through a hijacking but here it is and it should be dealt with. The end might justify the meants.

Consecutive Governments have only themselves to blame. There is a lot of oppotunism around this topic at the moment which is a negative. Equally there is a postive opportunity which should be taken.

I'm not going to worry untill I see the legislation that has been 20 years coming.

Mattarigna

No, I want one side to accept the democratic will of the people and allow the state to save lives. Not attempt to impose their religious values on others on the basis of a paranoid and inaccurate belief it will turn into abortion on demand. You have a right to be heard. But others have a right not to die for your religion
The only one being irrational here is you. And if you believe that legislating for X will not, de facto, turn into abortion on demand, how the fu*k are you going to ensure that the suicide clause does not be abused? We need another referendum or two, and the people of Ireland need to make a mature decision on this case - do they want liberal abortion laws or proper pro-life restrictions on abortion. It has to be one or the other - there should not be a third choice.

pippakin

My view is that the case in Galway has been hijacked.

In saying that it will also forced legislation.

I'm not one bit impressed about being forced to do anything through a hijacking but here it is and it should be dealt with. The end might justify the meants.

Consecutive Governments have only themselves to blame. There is a lot of oppotunism around this topic at the moment which is a negative. Equally there is a postive opportunity which should be taken.

I'm not going to worry untill I see the legislation that has been 20 years coming.
Savita died in October the story broke last week because her husband made sure it did. We are now more than half way through November and the membership of the investigating panel has already caused great unease to the extent three of its members have had to be banned.

Both sides are agitating but the pro choice side are at least trying to support women.

Mattarigna

Savita died in October the story broke last week because her husband made sure it did. We are now more than half way through November and the membership of the investigating panel has already caused great unease to the extent three of its members have had to be banned.

Both sides are agitating but the pro choice side are at least trying to support women.
While the Pro-life side is trying to ensure that this tragety is not used to railroad in legislation that will bring Ireland down the slippery slope to institutionalised abortion, and we are trying to insure that the right to life will remain intact.

Sesna

Along with an abortion on demand group in Galway who contacted the Irish Times and encouraged him to go to national media with the story so they could advance their agenda.

TimBuckII

Twitter
Yes I am

Ok .

To answer the OP.

Yes, we are being railroaded.
My point is that the end might justify the means.
If there is legislation brought forward and I am happy with it then I will be glad of the railroading.
Untill then I'll keep my powder dry.

to be honest the whole Pro Choicers v Pro Lifers are becoming an embarrassment. Referring to some one as one or the other is sign of insecurity too

Mattarigna

Leave my religion out of this. And don't you dare try and shut me up, just because I don't toe the liberal agenda.

pippakin

While the Pro-life side is trying to ensure that this tragety is not used to railroad in legislation that will bring Ireland down the slippery slope to institutionalised abortion, and we are trying to insure that the right to life will remain intact.
Along with an abortion on demand group in Galway who contacted the Irish Times and encouraged him to go to national media with the story so they could advance their agenda.
Ok .

To answer the OP.

If there is legislation brought forward and I am happy with it then I will be glad of the railroading.

to be honest the whole Pro Choicers v Pro Lifers are becoming an embarrassment. Referring to some one as one or the other is sign of insecurity too
No to all three of ye. Nothing that has sat waiting for attention for twenty years can be described as being rail roaded if/when govt are finally shamed into action.

Half Nelson

..Both sides are agitating but the pro choice side are at least trying to support women.
Ha! You have a dismal sense of humour.

Why did pro-choice clam up when IFPA clinics were outed as giving dangerous advice to women?

Why did pro-choice have no comment on the deaths of women Manon Jones, Tanya Reaves, Jessie-Maye Barlow or Emma Beck, all victims of abortion?

With the cynical way pro-choice, esp. in Galway, have sought to capitalise on the death of this woman, the public are quickly seeing them for the vultures they are.

Mattarigna

No to all three of ye. Nothing that has sat waiting for attention for twenty years can be described as being rail roaded if/when govt are finally shamed into action.
Let me ask you this - how do you prevent the suicide clause being abused by medics with pro-choice views just "ticking the box" to allow anyone that comes to them to get a termination?

Legislating for something you can't enforce has to be complete stupidity. And I personally don't care if 99.9999% of people wanted to enact the X-case ruling. What can't be enforced can't be enforced. Simple as that. It should be a clear choice between wanting to have legislated pro-life laws or liberal abortion laws. One or the other.

And I think everyone knows my own personal view on this issue enough to know which option I prefer.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 34656

Ok .

To answer the OP.

Ugh.

And your other post seemed so reasonable.

D

Deleted member 34656

Ha! You have a dismal sense of humour.

Why did pro-choice clam up when IFPA clinics were outed as giving dangerous advice to women?

Why did pro-choice have no comment on the deaths of women Manon Jones, Tanya Reaves, Jessie-Maye Barlow or Emma Beck, all victims of abortion?

With the cynical way pro-choice, esp. in Galway, have sought to capitalise on the death of this woman, the public are quickly seeing them for the vultures they are.
Do you understand that pro-choice is not the same as pro-abortion?

Windowshopper

The dead Indian woman is collateral damage as far as the pro choice / pro abortion advocates are concerned.

Opportunistic doesn't begin to describe their interest in this tragedy in Galway.

I said it earlier.
If that man's recollection is factual and true - I would be breaking down the door of any enquiry for the opportunity to testify to what happened to my wife whether the enquiry was prejudiced or not.
I know I'm repeating myself but I'm sick to death of the old ' the pro choicers are playing politics with Savita Halappanavar's death' line what the hell is politics about if it not to look our society critically and making necessary changes. A lot of people and its not just the pro choice crowd has looked at this mess and have said that the legal limbo caused by the X case has to be fixed. Also referring to Mrs Halappanavar as the 'dead Indian women' is incredibly flippant and if I may say so it seems to reperesent an attempt to 'other' her in order to avoid the fact that legislation is needed in line with the X case.

Half Nelson

Do you understand that pro-choice is not the same as pro-abortion?
I understand that pro-choice is obviously not the same as pro-woman.

I understand that when women become the obvious victims of abortion, then pro-choice becomes no-voice.

Mattarigna

I know I'm repeating myself but I'm sick to death of the old ' the pro choicers are playing politics with Savita Halappanavar's death' line what the hell is politics about if it not to look our society critically and making necessary changes. A lot of people and its not just the pro choice crowd has looked at this mess and have said that the legal limbo caused by the X case has to be fixed. Also referring to Mrs Halappanavar as the 'dead Indian women' is incredibly flippant and if I may say so it seems to reperesent an attempt to 'other' her in order to avoid the fact that legislation is needed in line with the X case.
So, you have clearly obtained full knowledge of the case, have you? Care to share it before we spend a bomb on this investigation into the case?

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies