• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

Primetime - Budget Effects

nonpartyboy

Once again, those in the middle are paying a huge burden while not qualifying for any of the myriad of welfare benefits.....back to school, rent allowance, fis , medical cards...etc.

eoghanacht

Unlike the farmers, pensioners and the myriad of other interests groups middle Ireland doesn't have a voice you can get 10,000 out marching because they are all flat out working trying to pay mortgages, USC, household charge, health insurance yadda yadda and the government knows this.

Path of least resistence.

hmmm

Once again, those in the middle are paying a huge burden while not qualifying for any of the myriad of welfare benefits.....back to school, rent allowance, fis , medical cards...etc.
The government don't care. Even today we say the kite flying suggesting a cut in entitlement to JSB. JSB is paid to people who have worked and who now find themselves on the dole - clearly whoever is flying that kite wants them means tested as soon as is possible, putting those newly unemployed under even more stress. No kites flying suggesting that those wasters who've sat on the dole all their life will ever have one of their "entitlements" or free houses or medical care taken off them.

eirepol

Website
www.sinnfein.org
Very difficult to stomach watching Moneybags O'Callaghan moaning to the SVP guy about how hard it is for rich people at the moment.

nonpartyboy

I'd say we are fairly close to the breakout point for many middle income paye workers, like the lady last night on TWIP who stated she would not pay the household charge.

If we get into a full on battle with the citizen v state,over the house charge then why would you pay road tax, tv licence, vat, income tax, water rates etc....

ManOfReason

Joe Duffy must be licking his lip in anticipation of all the calls he will get after the budget is announced.

Keith-M

Website
www.allkindsofeverything.ie
Can I just complement that lady accountant at the start of the show on the good work she's doing as part of the Movember campaign.

nonpartyboy

The government don't care. Even today we say the kite flying suggesting a cut in entitlement to JSB. JSB is paid to people who have worked and who now find themselves on the dole - clearly whoever is flying that kite wants them means tested as soon as is possible, putting those newly unemployed under even more stress. No kites flying suggesting that those wasters who've sat on the dole all their life will ever have one of their "entitlements" or free houses or medical care taken off them.
Agree 100%, the "most vulnerable" industry have a lot to answer for, entire generations of wasters who have zero intention of ever working for a living, sucking off the rest of us like locusts.

nonpartyboy

As usual, 100% focus on incomes and 0% focus on costs of living. Sigh.

Would that be the cost of living for someone who gets a whole host of "entitlements" off the state plus a weekly income or someone who earns slightly more and gets ************************ all....a medical card alone is worth €50 a gp visit and €100 for a&e....think about that for a second !.

jmcc

I'd say we are fairly close to the breakout point for many middle income paye workers, like the lady last night on TWIP who stated she would not pay the household charge.

If we get into a full on battle with the citizen v state,over the house charge then why would you pay road tax, tv licence, vat, income tax, water rates etc....
It could all go downhill rather quickly. The first sign will be politicians and their pals being physically assaulted and after that the power of the government to govern could be in trouble.

Regards...jmcc

H.R. Haldeman

Would that be the cost of living for someone who gets a whole host of "entitlements" off the state plus a weekly income or someone who earns slightly more and gets ************************ all....a medical card alone is worth €50 a gp visit and €100 for a&e....think about that for a second !.

You've proven my point for me perfectly with this post.

You immediately mention the income-in-kind that people get with a medical card...without asking why a GP visit is €50 and an A&E visit €100.

This is precisely the mind-set I'm talking about (and I'm not saying that to have a go at you, just that this seems to be the automatic way people look at it, rather than the other way round).

Burnout

Twitter
I have a life.
You've proven my point ......without asking why a GP visit is €50 and an A&E visit €100. This is precisely the mind-set I'm talking about ....
Decades have gone by with long term receivers of dole never been gone after or the problem looked at. Why is that? What was the point in letting it fester to the crises point it is at now?

jmcc

Decades have gone by with long term receivers of dole never been gone after or the problem looked at. Why is that? What was the point in letting it fester to the crises point it is at now?
Because they vote for whichever morons in power give them money.

Regards...jmcc

im axeled

nobody seems to give a feck about the people who cannot get any welfare, as their other halfs earn 400 merkles or more, these people deserve more, its bad enough been thrown on the scrap heap of life, without getting the price of an ice cream, after giving their all downthro the years.

John Locke

Twitter
"The people are the only legitimate fountain of power." James Madison (1751-1836)
Agree 100%, the "most vulnerable" industry have a lot to answer for, entire generations of wasters who have zero intention of ever working for a living, sucking off the rest of us like locusts.
Awwwww . . . . the poor diddums . . . . no-one to kiss your booboos dearie?

Plain to see 'you're alright Jack!'

nonpartyboy

It could all go downhill rather quickly. The first sign will be politicians and their pals being physically assaulted and after that the power of the government to govern could be in trouble.

Regards...jmcc
600k people have not paid the household charge, something like 95% of people have not paid the septic tank charge.......this is a silent revolution waiting for a leader and i'm not talking the shinners or the ULA. We are very close.........

Crazy horse 6

600k people have not paid the household charge, something like 95% of people have not paid the septic tank charge.......this is a silent revolution waiting for a leader and i'm not talking the shinners or the ULA. We are very close.........
As much as i'd like to agree i'm afraid we are not close. People in this country don't do protest.

nonpartyboy

You've proven my point for me perfectly with this post.

You immediately mention the income-in-kind that people get with a medical card...without asking why a GP visit is €50 and an A&E visit €100.

This is precisely the mind-set I'm talking about (and I'm not saying that to have a go at you, just that this seems to be the automatic way people look at it, rather than the other way round).
Whatever about gp's, a&e charges are set by the HSE......that is the govt full stop.

neiphin

remember that great champion
fintan o'toole