• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please us viua the Contact us link in the footer.

Primetime Investigates - Illegal tyre dumping

bagel

On RTE 1 now.
Tyres being illegally dumped for the past two years.
If we had a Garda Traffic Corps perhaps all refuse disposal vehicles could be monitored but Gardai are not visible on our roads or on the beat.
Not enough Community Wardens to police the problem either.
Do we need a larger Garda Reserve Force or perhaps a Reserve Community Warden Force?
Should all Refuse Disposal Licences be revoked and should only Local Authorities be licenced to dispose of everything except wheelie bin contents?
A source of income for the financially stretched Corpo's perhaps?

*post changed to reflect the fact that the persons involved in the programme were illegally dumping tyres, not disposing of animals* MOD

Last edited by a moderator:

DCon

Gormley made to look like the incompetent foolish bluffer that he is.

wombat

Gormley made to look like the incompetent foolish bluffer that he is.
His priorities for the current Dail session are dog registration, ban stag hunting and a directly elected mayor for Dublin (in addition to the current 4?)

DCon

This really does demonstrate how much of a gombeen nation Ireland is.

Minister, Councils, dodgy businesses..

I wonder how many licenced "recyclers" have links to or sit on councils?

Dunlin3

This really does demonstrate how much of a gombeen nation Ireland is.

Minister, Councils, dodgy businesses..

I wonder how many licenced "recyclers" have links to or sit on councils?
Another example that we really are a banana republic.

bazlad

Paul : "So Minister, as the first Green minister for the environment, you think its ok to stockpile 1 million types, as long as they don't set them alight".
Minister: " i didn't say that.".... followed by silence.

Naively i expected more from the Greens in Government.
I wont be that naive again.

DCon

Paul : "So Minister, as the first Green minister for the environment, you think its ok to stockpile 1 million types, as long as they don't set them alight".
Minister: " i didn't say that.".... followed by silence.

Naively i expected more from the Greens in Government.
I wont be that naive again.
Gormley is more of a gomgreen than a Green I think.

He somehow weasled his way to the top of the party but I do not think he cares about Green issues one way or the other.

bananarepublic.ie

oh come on! its systematic problem.

Can any body Guess, Largest export from Ireland to Great China?
Answer is Paper and Cardboard, either in private or public sector there is no facility even break up paper pulp and re-use it. We are talking Tyres get real!!

To set-up paper recycling facility, it fraction of Irish Glass Bottles site!!?

surely we can export this to some country we can get new tyres why bother, seriously like?

Dunlin3

In any other grown up country these f*ck*rs would be in jail. Instead Galway council tells them to please stop dumping tyres illegally and by the way please clean up the mess. This country is a joke.

Bobert

Probably had a mate on Galway County Council. He's a neighbour of ******** so that would put him fairly close to the scene of the dumping.

*post changed to reflect the fact that no mention was made of the particular councillor in the program, nor was there any suggestion that he was aware of illegal activity*

Last edited by a moderator:

Craiced

Galway County Council

Will the Galway County Manager sack the employees who neglected thier duties?
To paraphrase the Baily Brothers " Will he f... ?" :)

The Field Marshal

A tyresome business :lol:

An Gilladaker

Are these the Green Jobs Gormley keeps going on about?

I have wondered for years why we don't have an Office of Trading Standards like in the UK. Seems to almost no enforce of consumer & business laws in this country.
Is FF standing idly by while all this environmental scandal is going on they need to sack whoever is responsible

DCon

Is FF standing idly by while all this environmental scandal is going on they need to sack whoever is responsible
FF have outsourced environmental and tax raising responsibilities to the gomgreens.

bagel

Belclare Quarry

Local residents have campaigned for years to have the Quarry closed.
I'm unsure where Cllr Canney stands in regard to the matter but former FF Junior Minister & MEP Mark Killilea was to the fore in attempting to have the Quarry closed.
This tyre dump is located a couple of hundred yards from a scenic hill, Knockma, which is a treasured local amenity and is reputed to be the grave site of Queen Maeve.
If Mark Killilea couldn't close the quarry then those boyo's must be very 'well in' with powerful entities somewhere.

Popular Threads

Most Replies