Primetime Tonight: Irish Red Cross

Munnkeyman

DCon

Smells like classic FF incompetence

Taxpayer funding this joke shop to the tune of 1.5 million and the alleged Minister saying he can't interfere

Beaker

Its unacceptable that an officer in such a charity should be paid €160,000 . I'm shocked at the governance culture highlighted tonight. I have given quite large donations in the past.

Munnkeyman

"Were any of the recommendations of the Finlay report implemented?" - Richard Crowley

"I don't know that, I wasn't there then." - Tony Killeen

After the third time of asking........ the above was his answer:roll:

hmmm

Yes but, Crowley is a breath of fresh air on RTE.
He is isn't he? He asks intelligent questions and interrupts intelligently too. A million times better than Miriam "if I put on a pained expression and ask some nonsensical question I'll be the Irish Paxman".

Munnkeyman

He is isn't he? He asks intelligent questions and interrupts intelligently too. A million times better than Miriam "if I put on a pained expression and ask some nonsensical question I'll be the Irish Paxman".
:p

hmmm

How many times is Tony Killeen going to say that the number of board members nominated by the government needs to be reduced? Is that the only talking point he's been given?

johnb

Great investigation by Prime Time. Can't believe how unprofessional the Irish Red Cross came across in this piece. Raises serious questions over how this organisation is run. Minister Tony Killeen gave a pathetic performance in the follow up interview.

Hewson

For those of you who had hoped there might be some differences between FF and FG, tonight should have been a real disappointment.

Killeen waffled, blustered and slithered his way between Crowley's probing questions and suggestions that maybe he should act like a Minister and actually DO somethings.

Killeen is embarrassingly, cringingly pathetic.

And then we had Jimmy Deenihan, hopefully to fire a few bullets. He ended up sounding like Killeen's sidekick. The Minister was nodding his head when Deenihan was throwing in his tuppence worth.

Dear God. Is it any wonder this country is fupped?

Munnkeyman

Great investigation by Prime Time. Can't believe how unprofessional the Irish Red Cross came across in this piece. Raises serious questions over how this organisation is run. Minister Tony Killeen gave a pathetic performance in the follow up interview.

Take a look here for more info.
http://www.politics.ie/justice/134609-high-court-orders-upc-disclose-blogger-identity.html

The High Court has 4 weeks ago ordered internet provider UPC Communications to disclose the identity of a blogger who posted information about the Irish Red Cross on a website.

They are now taking action against Google one of their largest donors.

Here's the blog in question
Governance Reform At Irish Red Cross: Irish Red Cross's 'undeclared' €150,000 reported on front page of Sunday Times

cricket

Deenihan has never hacked it as anything other than a backbench TD. His prowess on the football field was good enough to get him elected in a county that has also thrown up JHR.
Any organisation that has changed it's CEO five times in five years , has had a series of resignations and one of it's senior personnel blogging against it has to be in need of reform or possibly abolition.
I felt sorry for that poor woman fronting for the hideaway CEO , but if a large sum of money can lie unnoticed in a bank account for a long time , you'd wonder what the hell the auditors , etc. were doing. I wonder what their fees were.

Munnkeyman

Court orders internet provider to disclose blogger's identity | Irish Examiner

WTF? This is incredible. Have UPS ever disclosed the identity of a blogger in a similar situation? Why did the Irish Red Cross stop the action? Is it because they didn't know the blogger's ID? This is a real attack on net freedoms...

The Irish Red Cross had a case against Google.Talk about taking the piss:rolleyes:
26th July 2010

legaldiary

96 THE IRISH RED CROSS SOCIETY -V- GOOGLE
IRELAND LTD & ANOR 2010 6518 P

Last edited:

the_rebubblican

The Irish Red Cross have a case against Google now.Talk about taking the piss:rolleyes:
26th July 2010

legaldiary

The dopes must surely have realised that using blogger meant that they couldn't ID the user. Were they looking the IP or account holder? I hope Google trash them, this stinks. It's a real attack on personal privacy and the right to free expression.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies