Prince Charles in bizarre racial gaffe

Wascurito

Readers will probably be familiar with the many many politically incorrect gaffes that Prince Philip has made over the years. If not, you can read an extensive Now-That's-What-I-Call-A-Gaffe selection here.

His eldest son, Prince Charles seems to have been a chip of a very different block (but see below) with his concern for the environment and his interest in Buddhism. Mind you, I always thought that his interest in killing small defenseless animals didn't sit too well with the Buddism but who am I to judge?

Anyway, back to the gaffes. The image below says it all. And he's just been made head of the exceedingly multi-racial British Commonwealth, most of whose subjects look exceedingly un-British.

It'll be fine. Really.

former wesleyan

https://www.theguardian.com/world/commentisfree/2018/apr/19/prince-charles-brown-skin-british-people-head-of-commonwealth

So what does a British person look like? A British person can look like me. A British person can have black or brown, not only white, skin and still be just as British (this shouldn’t need to be spelled out in black and white). I could have proven that I was born in Manchester and that I am British, as I had my passport in my handbag – I’d needed it to get through the venue’s security.
Hounding Commonwealth citizens is no accident. It’s cruelty by design

Yet I can’t tell Prince Charles exactly where I am from originally – that old chestnut. Why? Because the British destroyed much of the evidence that my ancestors were shipped over from India in the 19th century to toil for the empire as indentured labourers on sugar colonies in the Caribbean.

I have been to the National Archives in Georgetown, Guyana, to search for my ancestral history and stared down a gaping hole where records of lives should have been. The British destroyed so much that could properly explain and evidence our identities.

Wascurito

These two are genius. Anyway, back to Charles.

"46 - "When a man opens a car door for his wife, it's either a new car or a new wife." (on marriage).

47 - "It's a pleasant change to be in a country that isn't ruled by its people." (to Alfredo Stroessner, the Paraguayan dictator).
"

Dame_Enda

The Sun has always had an ambivalent relationship with the monarchy.

Karloff

Now i WANT this guy to be king.

I hope he speaks freely all the time while on the job. Philip was the most entertaining one out of the lot of them.

D

Deleted member 51920

But the arsse lickers of commonwealth leaders accepted him as their annointed leader without opposition or election

Wascurito

But the arsse lickers of commonwealth leaders accepted him as their annointed leader without opposition or election
Did they have a choice? It all seems very Popey and Vaticany.

Cai

Oh God, is this worth a thread?

Charles attitudes are shaped by his highly rarified social class & background. It stands to reason that he’ll be a racist, insular snob.

Why is anyone surprised?

General Urko

Traditionally, if you said to a Paddy, you don't look Irish, it would be quite correctly taken as an extreme complement!petunia

GDPR

Traditionally, if you said to a Paddy, you don't look Irish, it would be quite correctly taken as an extreme complement!petunia
If you pay them to call you Brad Pitt, they will you know... It might cost an extra 15 euros.

Wascurito

Sure , don’t they have a vote .

Mind you , you have to be well in to be in with a shout .
Fair point. They do at least have a vote.

How and ever, yes....if you're in favour of female clergy or married priests (never mind being sympathetic towards ho-mo-sex-uals), you're basically conclave roadkill.

Wascurito

Oh God, is this worth a thread?

Charles attitudes are shaped by his highly rarified social class & background. It stands to reason that he’ll be a racist, insular snob.

Why is anyone surprised?
Well! It got an op-ed in The Garjan and made the front page of The Sun.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies