Prince Philip retires from the Line of Duty today

Blokesbloke

Huge sighs of relief all 'round among the royal household staff engaged in public events I would have thought.

Only thing I know about him is that information forwarded by staff to people organising dinners at which he was scheduled to attend used to contain strict instructions about how his G&T should be mixed.

Some people I know held an event at Buck House last year and he was the formal host- in the China room (I think it was) which is the room behind the balcony where the royal family turn out on public occasions and where they are often photographed.

Surprisingly sprightly they say. I've seen the photos from the event- he must be well sick of being photographed by now.
I'm well sick of seeing his photograph, so I suppose we've both suffered.

blinding

Orbit v2

96 though. That is a hell of an age, and still be physically and mentally active. I wonder if it is a lot to do with the idea of living in a gilded cage without the same freedom to abuse your body with bad food, and other substances, the rest of us have. Good luck to him.

blinding

Off topic Here......

Can anyone find a Photo of Prince Charles at the Diamond Jubilee celebrations wearing a Hat festooned with Black feathers and a load of Medals....I am no expert but I cannot find it on the Web...

Was it so Ridiculous that " they " had it removed......

In fairness it had to be seen to be believed.............

Mad as Fish

96 though. That is a hell of an age, and still be physically and mentally active. I wonder if it is a lot to do with the idea of living in a gilded cage without the same freedom to abuse your body with bad food, and other substances, the rest of us have. Good luck to him.
He will doubtless receive the best medical care going which is why Britain is condemned to be headed by geriatrics unless abdication becomes a habit.

Niall996

He will doubtless receive the best medical care going which is why Britain is condemned to be headed by geriatrics unless abdication becomes a habit.
Only pretend 'headed.' So it doesn't matter.

Mad as Fish

Only pretend 'headed.' So it doesn't matter.
In theory the monarch appoints the prime minister so is the titular head, which is all part of their pretend constitution, but we'll have aul' Eagle lashing about with her talons if we go down that path. Where is she BTW?

Mad as Fish

Thor paid her a visit.
Did you mean Thor or Four? She liked a bit of company in the bedroom apparently. Fair play to her.

Aindriu

Very Lucky not to have been wounded in all that action..........

Was he being looked after..........

He must have been in very safe places.....You'd be in a fairly safe place if you were beside him....

All those Medals on Him and Charlie can be comic Gold mind....

http://chrisspivey.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/Prince-Philip-The-Duke-Of-Edinburgh-862625.jpg

http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/archive/03231/charles_3231997b.jpg
Unlike Charles, Philip fought through WW2 so earned his campaign medals.

Catalpast

In theory the monarch appoints the prime minister so is the titular head, which is all part of their pretend constitution, but we'll have aul' Eagle lashing about with her talons if we go down that path. Where is she BTW?
The Tower

darkhorse

Poor Brits will need some other ar5ehole to look up to now
I guess it will be Charlie

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies

Top Bottom