Princess Khumalo: ‘Direct provision does not define me’

sport02

https://t.co/yRWIvwAIUZ
A few months ago we had the Irish Times at it again.

Young Zimbabwean flees South Africa. His asylum application was denied here. He put in another one.
His parents had already left Zimbabwe and were living in England when he decided to leave in 2014. He initially moved to South Africa, where he had applied to study IT at university. However, when he discovered one of his peers at the university was the son of a member of the police authorities in Harare, he began to investigate how to get to Europe.Matanire’s initial application for refugee status was denied, so he is now waiting for a response to his appeal. “

ShoutingIsLeadership

First of all, if someone were in fear of their life and had to flee their own country it is simple madness to suggest they would ring up an estate agent to sell their house.

Second, do many Zimbaweans own their own homes? A friend of mine used to live there and said most do not.

Thirdly, most Irish people who do "own" their house would not be able to sell it for that amount.
Most would in Ireland, actually.

As for Zimbabwe, I have no idea about the property market

tsarbomb

Most would in Ireland, actually.
Can you give any proof of the average Irish person being able to sell their house for that sum? Keep in mind that in much of the country house prices are considerably lower than in Dublin and most people have not paid even most of their mortgage off.

As for Zimbabwe, I have no idea about the property market
It is almost non-existant from what I've heard.

redacted

First of all, if someone were in fear of their life and had to flee their own country it is simple madness to suggest they would ring up an estate agent to sell their house.

Second, do many Zimbaweans own their own homes? A friend of mine used to live there and said most do not.

Thirdly, most Irish people who do "own" their house would not be able to sell it for that amount.
If that flimsy bit of nonsense is good enough for you then it's good enough for me.

High standards!

redacted

Can you elaborate on that at all? I have no idea what youre on about.
Does your mate have any credentials or particular expertise in the Zimbabwean property market that would convince anyone to give his opinion any credence?

Or was that a bit of anecdotal navel fluff?

tsarbomb

Does your mate have any credentials or particular expertise in the Zimbabwean property market that would convince anyone to give his opinion any credence?

Or was that a bit of anecdotal navel fluff?
Since no one can back up the claim that the average Zimbabwean both owns their own home and would be able to sell it at short notice for the amount already mentioned I will continue to rely on my friend's observations.

Dame_Enda

We need to investigate whether supporters of the regime are exploiting asylum to get agents into western countries to go after dissidents. Not saying she is but if the story is true about her leaving SA because the son of the Zimbabwean minister being in her class then that's a danger.

redacted

Since no one can back up the claim that the average Zimbabwean both owns their own home and would be able to sell it at short notice for the amount already mentioned I will continue to rely on my friend's observations.
Like I said, high standards. Count me in!

Mercurial

When you're spending your time checking the record of the Zimbabwean basketball team to try to criticise the story of an asylum seeker, you know you've got too much time on your hands.

keyholekate

Mugabe is very ill now so she should hurry home to see if he has bequeathed any of his enormous wealth to her, being of royal blood an' all.. There's that billion.ire. Jacob Zuma in SA She should not be wasting her sweetness on the likes of us.

OrderoftheDragon

When you're spending your time checking the record of the Zimbabwean basketball team to try to criticise the story of an asylum seeker, you know you've got too much time on your hands.

Surely that's what churnalists are paid to do in the first place ?

Lumpy Talbot

Twitter
No
Looks like a blatant puff piece for a chancer to me. But let's wait for the verification of the royal lineage.

Mm. Heh.

There's no rule that says bullshyte artists have to be born in South Carolina.

Lumpy Talbot

Twitter
No
I once picked up a seven iron and scored a hole in one at Haste Hill. Is there any chance this qualifies me for an apartment on Fifth Avenue.

If not you are obviously some kind of racist. Et cetera. Latin America and Africa share one thing in common. There is a chancer every five yards.

Sad. But true.

Schuhart

When two seconds of Googling reveals that an article hasn't been fact-checked, it's worth asking how it got published in a newspaper that wants to be regarded as a reliable source.

But, of course, some want to be deluded.

Mercurial

When two seconds of Googling reveals that an article hasn't been fact-checked, it's worth asking how it got published in a newspaper that wants to be regarded as a reliable source.

But, of course, some want to be deluded.
And some want to spend their afternoons googling the record of the Zimbabwean basketball team, because they don't like seeing brown faces on our streets.

Morgellons

Says the man with close on 65,000 posts on here.

General Urko

One of the huge problems with economic migrants scamming the system is that it causes real problems for genuine refugees!
BTW I would gladly exchange 200K or our absolute rubbish for 200K Zimbabweans or others and I could guarantee that a certain amount of our bucks wouldn't even get out of their destination airport alive, given their level of social skills, which are accepted/tolerated here, but would be dealt with severely and more correctly elsewhere!

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies