Pro-Anaism and the bodily autonomy argument for legal abortion.

GDPR

The pro-Ana movement is one which seeks to redefine Anorexia Nervosa as a valid lifestyle as opposed to a potentially deadly psychiatric condition. Its partisans fondly refer to the disorder as "Ana" as if it were a person. Don't laugh; Gender Dysphoria which carries with it immense risks of suicide is now busy being normalized so I wouldn't rule out the Pro-Ana movement gaining success in the future however we are most certainly not there yet.

The thing is though if women's bodily autonomy is such a sacred thing than those who argue for legal abortion on its grounds surely have to support the Pro-Ana movement?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pro-ana

Than there is the issue of "cutting" which over the last decade has risen horrifically where people slice up their arms. Should people's right to bodily autonomy be respected here also?

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2014/may/21/shock-figures-self-harm-england-teenagers

I used to respect anorexics and cutters because even though I saw what they did as being wrong I also thought it showed inner strength. Now I see both as part of a diabolical attack against embodiment and their increasing commonality as signs of just how far we have fallen as a Civilization.

Half Nelson

The pro-Ana movement is one which seeks to redefine Anorexia Nervosa as a valid lifestyle as opposed to a potentially deadly psychiatric condition. Its partisans fondly refer to the disorder as "Ana" as if it were a person. Don't laugh; Gender Dysphoria which carries with it immense risks of suicide is now busy being normalized so I wouldn't rule out the Pro-Ana movement gaining success in the future however we are most certainly not there yet.

The thing is though if women's bodily autonomy is such a sacred thing than those who argue for legal abortion on its grounds surely have to support the Pro-Ana movement?

Than there is the issue of "cutting" which over the last decade has risen horrifically where people slice up their arms. Should people's right to bodily autonomy be respected here also?

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2014/may/21/shock-figures-self-harm-england-teenagers

I used to respect anorexics and cutters because even though I saw what they did as being wrong I also thought it showed inner strength. Now I see both as part of a diabolical attack against embodiment and their increasing commonality as signs of just how far we have fallen as a Civilization.
Tbh, when we set up factories to kill our children we reached rock bottom. All that now remains is nuclear war to wipe the slate.

derryman

P.ie really needed this thread. It's almost like a communal Christmas present.

igCorcaigh

How on earth can you conflate anorexia with abortion?

Lumpy Talbot

Twitter
No
So do you Lumpy support the Pro-Ana movement in the interests of bodily autonomy?
No I'm just fascinated with the ancient undercurrent of self-harm evident in extreme catholicism. It is no surprise to me that you should develop an interest in it.

Half Nelson

Lumpy Talbot

Twitter
No
Should be an ideal thread for an examination of the extremist mindset still washing around in the cultural guttering of the state.

GDPR

Well if you are anorexic, you are highly unlikely to be able to conceive.

Next....

Lumpy Talbot

Twitter
No
There's enough there for an entire convention of psychiatrists in that ReF's posts. Seriously.

Lumpy Talbot

Twitter
No
Yes every now and then you see a flash of the exultation of the mortification of the flesh with these nutters. It is there in small ways with the pilgrims groaning their way up Croagh Patrick on their knees each year. In the Philippines with the extreme examples of feverish bloodletting in copycat self-humiliations and crown-of-thorns capers.

Much of it points to an unhealthy psychology.

Half Nelson

Yes every now and then you see a flash of the exultation of the mortification of the flesh with these nutters. It is there in small ways with the pilgrims groaning their way up Croagh Patrick on their knees each year. In the Philippines with the extreme examples of feverish bloodletting in copycat self-humiliations and crown-of-thorns capers.

Much of it points to an unhealthy psychology.
Hundreds of thousands are out of step, except our Lumpy.:D

Why do I think you never climbed anything higher than a barstool?

Lumpy Talbot

Twitter
No
Hundreds of thousands are out of step, except our Lumpy.:D

Why do I think you never climbed anything higher than a barstool?
I feel a bit sorry for those knee-climbers of Croagh Patrick. They are usually of that certain age when they have forgotten the benefits of the blowjob.

They'd save themselves some tcp and scraped knees if their memory was better. It is no accident that the sort of people who get caught up in extremist self-harming are usually the sort of people who look like they are strangers to the benefit of the periodic blowjob.

gerhard dengler

These people are clinical ill. They should elicit your sympathy instead.

Half Nelson

I feel a bit sorry for those knee-climbers of Croagh Patrick. They are usually of that certain age when they have forgotten the benefits of the blowjob.

They'd save themselves some tcp and scraped knees if their memory was better. It is no accident that the sort of people who get caught up in extremist self-harming are usually the sort of people who look like they are strangers to the benefit of the periodic blowjob.
Another highbrow post from Tullybarna. Stay classy.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies