Probability of seeking outside help is very high - Irish Times' Dan O'Brien

Website
www.politics.ie
Twitter
davidcochrane
Irish Times Economics Editor Dan O'Brien on RTE's This Week programme a moment ago has said that the probability or Ireland seeking outside help is very high.

O'Brien was talking about increased speculation this weekend that Ireland is under pressure to avail of European bailout funds. O'Brien said that Germany and France were putting pressure on Ireland to avail of the funds in order to reduce panic in the markets that was spreading to other countries.

O'Brien said that if Ireland went to the EU for a bailout it wouldn't need to borrow in the bond markets for three years.

Paddythai

Why them are all our politicians denying this. I don't mean that it's not true but are they hiding something.

Mossy Heneberry

Why them are all our politicians denying this. I don't mean that it's not true but are they hiding something.
I really think they want to tell us the truth, it's just the part of the brain that deals with the truth has shut down years ago.

They can't really help it.

bprob

why is there so little mention of the pension reserve fund?

0% interest rate.
between that and what we have borrowed already, we have enough for nearly 2 years, plus saved interest payments.

its for a rainy day, and at the minute, we are in the middle of a biblical flood

Franzoni

You don't have to be Sherlock Holmes to realise were going to need outside help unless we suddenly come across 7 trillion barrels of oil under Carlow ....:rolleyes:

Why all the politicos won't face the truth is the real question....

FakeViking

You don't have to be Sherlock Holmes to realise were going to need outside help unless we suddenly come across 7 trillion barrels of oil under Carlow ....:rolleyes:
Fear not, they'd sign a secret deal to give that away pronto. :roll:

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies