Proficiency of Black Students Is Found to Be Far Lower Than Expected

owedtojoy

Hey, pete2, what colour are you?

The Field Marshal

If this should be anywhere surely it should be under education?

I've PM'd David on the need for a sticky on this. I respect free speech, but find it extremely offensive that such blatantly racist threads are permitted. Its the responsibility for each member to raise this as an issue with mods or the forum will lose it's popularity. I've noticed other forums are very intolerant of such behaviour.
Where is the racism?
Are you saying that surveys that glean information on educational achievement are ipso facto racist?

Didimus

In what way is the thread racist?
The OP quotes surveys reported in the new york times and another publication.

Where is the racism?
The racism is in linking a report about the educational underachievement of a group of people in one country , attributed to sociological and historical factors, to the inhabitants of another continent, apparently on the basis that they share a range of skin pigmentation.

Cael

Where is the racism?
Are you saying that surveys that glean information on educational achievement are ipso facto racist?
Say, for example, I said that we should stop big thick ignorant Paddies from opening their clabs, because its most slurry that comes out of them, would that be racist, or just sound ecology?

The Field Marshal

Take "sociological and historical forces" and replace it with something to do with eugenics from the Nazi era and I think the path the OP wants to go down would be more apparent.
The Americans were promoting eugenics long before the nazis in the 1920,s and 1930,s.

Cael

The racism is in linking a report about the educational underachievement of a group of people in one country , attributed to sociological and historical factors, to the inhabitants of another continent, apparently on the basis that they share a range of skin pigmentation.
Ah now, dont introduce reason or intelligence into it, you talking to Field Marshall, after all...

fizzgig

What is the point of this thread? It seems to be an excuse for the anonymous racists to have their say. There's too much of this c*** on this site. I'm sure there's somewhere out there, where you can find your own kind and keep yourself separate and special. Start your search please and give the rest of us a break.

jimwin

Last edited:
Last edited:
From my own perspective, I find the thread headline to be racially discriminating as are the OP's comments re the 'import' of African nationals.
In my opinion, this is a clear intent to present a view based on the idea or theory of superiority of one race or group of persons of one colour or ethnic origin which is illegal.
I would respectfully remind you and other posters that the only outright restriction on free speech, which exists under international human rights law is contained in the International Convention on the Elimination of All Forms of Racial Discrimination, which was ratified by the Irish State in December 2009.

jimwin

Where is the racism?
I have no difficulty whatsoever with any research undertaken on this or any other subject. That is not what is racist. See my above post

The Field Marshal

Ah now, dont introduce reason or intelligence into it, you talking to Field Marshall, after all...
This is rich coming from Cael whose entire posting existence has been spent promoting the begrudgers ideology of legalized state theft as espoused and practiced by tyrant scumbags mass murderers Stalin,Lenin Mao Tse Tung and Pol Pot.

To fully display his intelligence poster Cael then flaunts an avatar of Christ the very antithesis of everything Cael promotes.

Cael

This is rich coming from Cael whose entire posting existence has been spent promoting the begrudgers ideology of legalized state theft as espoused and practiced by tyrant scumbags mass murderers Stalin,Lenin Mao Tse Tung and Pol Pot.
Pol Pot was supported, financed, armed and trained by the British government.

jimwin

The Americans were promoting eugenics long before the nazis in the 1920,s and 1930,s.
That's very true. Churchill was also a eugenicist and chairperson the eugenics society in the UK. He was a strong advocate for the forced sterilisation of the feeble minded.

F

fistikuffs

It's hard to decide if the OP is genuinely dumb or being racist, nevertheless the post certainly is racist regardless of intent. It would be generally incorrect to make these comparisons about people from neighboring African countries nevermind comparing the whole of the African continent with the Black population in the USA. If the OP can't see distinct political/cultural/historical differences between these populations then our great educational system has surely failed him/her.

And Field Marshall, 3 times you asked for an explanation of why the post was viewed as racist, but when it was provided you could only come up with:

"The Americans were promoting eugenics long before the nazis in the 1920,s and 1930,s"

Address the answer that was provided to you or stfu!

Cael

That's very true. Churchill was also a eugenicist and chairperson the eugenics society in the UK. He was a strong advocate for the forced sterilisation of the feeble minded.
He wanted to castrate all unemployed men as well, but the conservatives thought that a bit extreme. So, he introduced the dole instead as a way to symbolically castrate them.

jimwin

For an insight into the motivations of the OP, a quick glance at his comments on previous threads are instructive

The Field Marshal

It's hard to decide if the OP is genuinely dumb or being racist, nevertheless the post certainly is racist regardless of intent. It would be generally incorrect to make these comparisons about people from neighboring African countries nevermind comparing the whole of the African continent with the Black population in the USA. If the OP can't see distinct political/cultural/historical differences between these populations then our great educational system has surely failed him/her.

And Field Marshall, 3 times you asked for an explanation of why the post was viewed as racist, but when it was provided you could only come up with:

"The Americans were promoting eugenics long before the nazis in the 1920,s and 1930,s"

Address the answer that was provided to you or stfu!
You clearly are a fascist of some sort.
:xoff.

Cael

For an insight into the motivations of the OP, a quick glance at his comments on previous threads are instructive
Not to mention his signature.

Telemachus

Website
en.wikipedia.org
If this should be anywhere surely it should be under education?

I've PM'd David on the need for a sticky on this. I respect free speech, but find it extremely offensive that such blatantly racist threads are permitted. Its the responsibility for each member to raise this as an issue with mods or the forum will lose it's popularity. I've noticed other forums are very intolerant of such behaviour.
What I like about this forum is the diverse opinions presented. You are a fascist.

If a Thread is unpopular it will slide of the main page soon enough. There may be some cases where posters are feeling there posts are being sent to the zoo in haste tho..

If you want censorship, post on boards.ie and leave us alone here.

Mitsui2

What have the sociological and historical factors experienced by a group in the United States and identified by this report as affecting their educational achievements got to do with African nationals?
You see, Didimus, a term used to describe the group in America is "African-Americans".
African nationals, meanwhile, can be described as "Africans".

You see - "African-Americans"/"Africans".

The same word occurs in both terms!!!.

This must mean that.... must mean that.... er.....

It proves that..... uh...

Actually it means sfa, doesn't it?

Glad we got that sorted!

SevenStars

Pol Pot was supported, financed, armed and trained by the British government.
That only started in the 1980s.

Anyway Pol Pot was more of an anarchist and a nationalist than a Communist.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies

Top Bottom