Proficiency of Black Students Is Found to Be Far Lower Than Expected

Cael

What I like about this forum is the diverse opinions presented. You are a fascist.

If a Thread is unpopular it will slide of the main page soon enough.

If you want censorship, post on boards.ie and leave us alone here.
There is lots of censorship on p.ie As I say, everything written in our national language is banned off the main page, as is all debate on the six counties, along with any debate on secret societies like the Bilderberg group, or any criticism of the corporate media.

What is never banned, and always welcome, is racism and extreme right wing propaganda.

owedtojoy

That's very true. Churchill was also a eugenicist and chairperson the eugenics society in the UK. He was a strong advocate for the forced sterilisation of the feeble minded.
Eugenics was quite a fad of both right and left wing intellectuals in the early years of the 20th century. It had been thought up by Charles Darwin's nephew Frances Galton, a pioneer statistcian. However, it never gained enough support to be legalised in Britain.

In the US, the state of Virginia passed a sterilisation law, and it was upheld by the Supreme Court. It quickly lost popular support and was not implemented on a large scale.

Sweden and Australia also had eugenics programmes.

In Germany, the Nazis went far beyond any other country. Tens of thousands of mentally disabled patients were murdered by medical staff assisted by members of the Nazi party.

Cael

That only started in the 1980s.

Anyway Pol Pot was more of an anarchist and a nationalist than a Communist.
He certainly wasn't a Communist. But, if the Brits started funding and arming Pol Pot in the 1980s, that makes them all the more guilty, as they knew already what a madman he was. Seems like they were setting up another genocide.

jimwin

What I like about this forum is the diverse opinions presented. You are a fascist.

If a Thread is unpopular it will slide of the main page soon enough. There may be some cases where posters are feeling there posts are being sent to the zoo in haste tho..

If you want censorship, post on boards.ie and leave us alone here.
I never used the word censorship and you obviously don't understand the concept.

As for your suggestion of leaving 'us' alone, who are the 'us' that you represent?

berberie

Where is the ignorance.
The OP gives sources and merely repeats a headline from the NYT.

He then expresses a concern to avoid similiar situations arising here.

All very reasonable I would have thought.
Well it's very simple, he opens by talking about Afro American students, particularly those from poor backgrounds and then suddenly switches to asking if the African children who attend our schools here will have the same problems. How is that NOT racist??

Because two sets of children attending school are black they should have the same results? They come from very different backgrounds, historically, economically and socially so how else would some one perceive the point other than racist. Do you think all white children from different countries will have the same results??

The Field Marshal

That only started in the 1980s.

Anyway Pol Pot was more of an anarchist and a nationalist than a Communist.
Mass murderers Pol POt,Stalin,Mao,Lenin,Honecker,Caucescaeu all to a man were bred on the ideology of communism and used its perverted false doctrines to obtain and maintain power.

Cael

Mass murderers Pol POt,Stalin,Mao,Lenin,Honecker,Caucescaeu all to a man were bred on the ideology of communism and used its perverted false doctrines to obtain and maintain power.
So why were the Brits and the US supporting Pol Pot in the 1980s?

pete2

..Now it seems maybe you're a bit slow yourself so I'll keep this simple. The sociological and historical forces that apply to people who were kept as livestock in the USA for 400 years are not at all the same as those which apply to Africans. Indeed the sociological and historical forces which apply to Africans are not all one thing either and so you will find people on that continent have different childrearing methods.
Yet despite their ancestors being treated in exactly the same fashion similar education failure isn't seen in ethnic Asian kids (in fact they outperform caucasian kids). As the article indicates the "sociological" forces hindering the children entirely belong, most likely, to the African American community.

And the question remains, why import vectors of that culture, a failed culture, to Ireland? The retort is, the culture does not exist in Africa as in America, yet the fact is 46 million African children, nearly half the school-age population, have never set foot in a classroom, with a literacy rate under 60%. Going to blame whitey for that too?

Mitsui2

The sad thing is that the OP has probably completed his Leaving Cert and may indeed have a third level qualification and is yet so wonderfully ignorant. It's almost breathtaking.
Cato, you clearly have a higher view of third level qualifications (or, for that matter, the Leaving Cert) than I do. Land's sakes, man, half of the most patently barking mad people who post on this site probably have third level qualifications! Some of them can even spell!!

Cato

The Field Marshal said:
Are you not going to acknowledge your own galloping idiocy in not seeing the racism in the OP?

Instead you are just going to join in in knocking this thread off-topic.

Cael

Yet despite their ancestors being treated in exactly the same fashion similar education failure isn't seen in etnic Asian kids (in fact they outperform caucasian kids). As the article indicates the "sociological" forces hindering the children entirely belong, most likely, to the African American community.

And the question remains, why import transmitters of that culture, a failed culture, to Ireland? The retort is, the culture does not exist in Africa as in America, yet the fact is 46 million African children, nearly half the school-age population, have never set foot in a classroom, with a literacy rate under 60%. Going to blame whitey for that too?
I suspect you will be offered a position as a p.ie mod any day now. You have all the Right qualifications.

corelli

Good threads are sent to "off topic" which racist threads like this are welcomed on p.ie No wonder p.ie is getting the reputation of being a fascist site.
Nonsense. Execrable OP's get sent to various places of purgatory. OP's of a non PC, none to comfortable variety, get left, not that the Mods. approve of same, but rather that we defend freedom of speech. Perhaps if you engaged your brain, before your gob, more of your OP's would be left on the "front page".

The gist is, if you have a good OP, no matter how offensive, save if it might run foul of the law, it will be left. However, if you just post some form of brain fart, with little thought or substance, don't be surprised if it gets moved elsewhere.

I think that clear.

Cato

Mitsui2 said:
Cato, you clearly have a higher view of third level degrees (or, for that matter, secondary education) than I do. Land's sakes, man, half of the most patently barking mad people who post on this site probably have third level qualifications!
I was being kind. I never mistake qualifications for education.

The Field Marshal

Well it's very simple, he opens by talking about Afro American students, particularly those from poor backgrounds and then suddenly switches to asking if the African children who attend our schools here will have the same problems. How is that NOT racist??

Because two sets of children attending school are black they should have the same results? They come from very different backgrounds, historically, economically and socially so how else would some one perceive the point other than racist. Do you think all white children from different countries will have the same results??
I have always understood racism to mean the denigration or demeaning of one race of people over and against another race of people.
I did not see any overt evidence of that in the post.

The OP [it seemed to me anyway] was raising an issue of ethnic concern
based on the study of a particular ethnic group in the USA.

Its not unreasonable to extrapolate such studies to related ethnic groups in other countries.

Indeed proneness to alcholism amidst Irish emigrants is very high as English studies show and this persists down through generations.

So I cannot see any difficulty where for example if somebody quotes an English research paper on alcholism amidst the Irish and applies the finding say to the Irish in Australia particularly if data bears out the validity of the research.

Last edited:

sarahj

ocoonassa

Yet despite their ancestors being treated in exactly the same fashion similar education failure isn't seen in ethnic Asian kids (in fact they outperform caucasian kids).
Sorry when were Asian people shipped overseas in chains and made to work on plantations for 400 years in the same conditions as farm animals? I missed that history lesson, please tell me all about it.

The retort is, the culture does not exist in Africa as in America, yet the fact is 46 million African children, nearly half the school-age population, have never set foot in a classroom, with a literacy rate under 60%. Going to blame whitey for that too?
You ignorant tool. None of our ancestors had set foot in a classroom until a couple of hundred years ago. You know why? They were poor and oppressed. Going to blame whitey for that too? You racist plank.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies

Top Bottom