Profiling in action

Picked up on the metro tonight.

About nine black people thrown of the car and as I reached for my ticket in a second pocket my suitcase was thrown onto the quai and I was invited to follow it. I refused and accused the cops of theft. They armlocked me off the metro and then allowed me to find my ticket. I have all manner of pockets in my suit and my overcoat. The one I presented was actually a used ticket; they grinned and winked at me and allowed me on the next metro. I refused and called the cops.

I've had an evening.

The cops basically told me that I was a token grab while the metro police dragged in offenders.

The mairie is now involved.

stopdoingstuff

About nine black people thrown of the car and as I reached for my ticket in a second pocket my suitcase was thrown onto the quai and I was invited to follow it. I refused and accused the cops of theft. They armlocked me off the metro and then allowed me to find my ticket. I have all manner of pockets in my suit and my overcoat. The one I presented was actually a used ticket; they grinned and winked at me and allowed me on the next metro. I refused and called the cops.

I've had an evening.

The cops basically told me that I was a token grab while the metro police dragged in offenders.

Fair play, Des. Don't back down. Get it all on record asap.

che schifo

I've had an evening.

We used to use that trick when I was at school to save the bus fare for sweets. The conductors fell for it surprisingly often. Does it still work?

Boy M5

No wonder Le Pen is doing so well. If that's tge background & mood music

talkingshop

I've had an evening.

What were they arresting you all for?

Morgellons

Sorry, I Des, don't quite understand your point.

Is it you feel you were thrown off the train because they needed a white person to prove they weren't 'racially profiling' likely fare dodgers?

cabledude

Coming to a city/town/street corner in the United States real soon.....

Half Nelson

I've had an evening.

Well done Des, life's too short not to stand up to The Man at some point.

But being bullied by uniforms can be unsettling.

Treat yourself to a double and you'll have a story for your mates tomorrow.

Sorry, I Des, don't quite understand your point.

Is it you feel you were thrown off the train because they needed a white person to prove they weren't 'racially profiling' likely fare dodgers?
Yup. I was told that explicitly.

Half Nelson

This... you're trained for.... on p.ie :cool:

Morgellons

Did the blacks have valid tickets/papiers?

Half Nelson

If a gang of men of a particular race are committing crime, should a cop risk his career by arresting them and being subjected to accusations of racism, or should he short-circuit those accusations by grabbing a token Des?

If a gang of men of a particular race are committing crime, should a cop risk his career by arresting them and being subjected to accusations of racism, or should he short-circuit those accusations by grabbing a token Des?
Y'see, I don't know. That's the point - or part of it.

Mmmmmmm think go with the cops on this one.

Because of political correctness they target the known offendors and get accused of racism because "Youse are harassing a minority"................ so they do a work around.

Heard lots of this in London until pointed out to someone that in specific area where targeting was occuring 90% of muggings were done by black teenagers. Not that Met Police were angels they weren't.

New Threads

Most Replies