Progress in Health(?)

spidermom

A lot of posters here are oft to post the "promises" that the current opposition made in the last GE. Most of these complaints surround economic policy. Have been googling to find FF election manifesto, but in all honesty was STOPPED in my tracks by these.

I suppose these election leaflets are directed to those who constantly defend our current Minister...attempting to bamboozle us with alternate facts and figures to those which we would use to support the truth of the shambolic chaos which the Minister now oversees.

http://irishelectionliterature.files.wordpress.com/2010/09/healthbulletin3may.pdf

This is the scariest...the left hand panel shows what A+E was like in 2007!!

Here's the rest...
‘Progress in Health’ -5 campaign bulletins from Mary Harney -Progressive Democrtas 2007 « Irish Election Literature Blog

firefly123

Ha! I brought a patient in to beaumont a few nights ago. Person in mid 70s with cardiac history Dehydrated from vomiting and diarrhoea. They were on our stretcher for six hours before getting a trolley in the ED let alone getting admitted. When I made enquiries with nurse manager I was told there was only two beds in the whole hospital due to ward closures. Had to help person in to toilet to relieve themselves. Place was packed and reeking as usual. Staff run off their feet for entire time. Place is a bloody hellhole. Wonder if Mary got sick would she be waiting? No vhi in the ED

spidermom

Ha! I brought a patient in to beaumont a few nights ago. Person in mid 70s with cardiac history Dehydrated from vomiting and diarrhoea. They were on our stretcher for six hours before getting a trolley in the ED let alone getting admitted. When I made enquiries with nurse manager I was told there was only two beds in the whole hospital due to ward closures. Had to help person in to toilet to relieve themselves. Place was packed and reeking as usual. Staff run off their feet for entire time. Place is a bloody hellhole. Wonder if Mary got sick would she be waiting? No vhi in the ED
SIGH...and those 2 beds have to be kept in case the hospital needs to turf someone out of ICU or CCU in case of an major incident!!

I know where you're at Firefly!!...
Am going to print it out and post it on my front door come the GE!!...or maybe now!!!

LeDroit

The Beacon dahling. :)

Or the Mater/Vincents after hours with a swifty to the private wing. Adios drunken hordes!

spidermom

Or the Mater/Vincents after hours with a swifty to the private wing. Adios drunken hordes!
Indeed Droit...funny though just how many patients us public hospitals recieve by transfer from the "Beacon Dahling" cos post op they required ICU beds, a comprehensive and acute MDT approach ...and are now left sitting waiting for a bed in rehab.

Funny no "Beacon Dahling" solution for these patients!!!

No comment on Mary's leaflet??

zzzdr

Echoing Spidermom's comment.

The Beacon is not the place to be if you're really sick.

Actually, maybe the Beacon is the place for you.

LeDroit

Echoing Spidermom's comment.

The Beacon is not the place to be if you're really sick.

Actually, maybe the Beacon is the place for you.
Now, now, remember your oath. :)

firefly123

Once in the system your much better off in public care. Private hospitals do nice decor and dinners but if somethings serious everyone ends up in a public hospital. The ED is a hellhole though. It's almost amusing when you see peoples jaws drop when wheeled in for the first time. By the way if you go by emergency ambulance you don't get to pick your hospital. It's the nearest ED followed by a 12 hour wait if your lucky VHI or not

LeDroit

Indeed Droit...funny though just how many patients us public hospitals recieve by transfer from the "Beacon Dahling" cos post op they required ICU beds, a comprehensive and acute MDT approach ...and are now left sitting waiting for a bed in rehab.
And why not? They pay for those public beds through their taxes. In fact when you consider that 48% of the income tax is paid by the top 5% of earners, you could say they paid for them ALL!

LeDroit

spidermom

Once in the system your much better off in public care. Private hospitals do nice decor and dinners but if somethings serious everyone ends up in a public hospital. The ED is a hellhole though. It's almost amusing when you see peoples jaws drop when wheeled in for the first time. By the way if you go by emergency ambulance you don't get to pick your hospital. It's the nearest ED followed by a 12 hour wait if your lucky VHI or not
No fan of our consultants...some(more than some) of the time...great ones and sh1te ones...but take note of what Firefly says....I work in trauma orthopaedics..you fall..you break your hip/shoulder/patella whatever. The ambulance picks you up and brings you to the designated A+E. The consultant (mostly) is more concerned with fixing your fracture than counting percentages of private patients!!

OH the IRONY...if we had a bean counter to turn away PRIVATE patient number 21 out of 100 at the A+E door cos you mess up the consultants quota with the HSE!!

I hate BEAN COUNTERS!!!!

LeDroit

spidermom

There are a limited number of beans! Someone has to count them.
AND....sweetie...HOW they are counted!!!

MY casemix...(with their patients!!!)...MY average Lenght of Stay...(with their patients...)...etc...etc....

We actually share a fair bit in common Droit..difference course being I KNOW exactly whats happening on the ground...and you less so!!...:)

firefly123

In fairness to Le droit he is an expert in his field (shame evil overlord positions are few and far between). Just kidding just kidding

spidermom

In fairness to Le droit he is an expert in his field (shame evil overlord positions are few and far between). Just kidding just kidding
:)

Just needs time down here with his minions as all!!!

LeDroit

You have to be lucky every election, I only have to be lucky once. ;)

firefly123

So evil! By the way the problem with the hse is that there are more bean counters counting beans and getting paid lots of beans to do it than docs and nurses.

controller

A letter from the HSE to reapply for a medical card for our child with Down Syndrome.They wanted all his letters of appointments from the hospital,and also a letter from our gp giving information on his problems to prove that he is still sick enough to warrant a medical card

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies