• Before posting anything about COVID-19, READ THIS FIRST! COVID-19 and Misinformation (UPDATED)
    Misinformation and/or conspiracy theories about this topic, even if intended as humor, will not be tolerated!

Bea C

I heard her on the radio the other night.
There are few people who would make me want to break a radio more - the most smug, patronising, self-righteous south-Co.Dublin cow.
Fortunately Tom McGurk was well able to slap her back in her box.

Clanrickard

There are few people who would make me want to break a radio more - the most smug, patronising, self-righteous south-Co.Dublin cow.
Is there a more obnoxious IT contributor? I doubt it.

Betson

Was the position advertised? Always helpful when you are a friend of the minister who makes the appointments.

If it means she has to quite her job with the IT then it is a big plus for journalism everywhere. But I fear she does not have to quit.

D

Deleted member 17573

In other words, well suited to the job as the Zapper's pet poodle!

Dame_Enda

Is this a duplicate thread? I posted replies and they are gone.

I think she could do a good job if she doesnt use it as a platform for her other views on feminism, anti Brexit and anti Trump

A Voice

Was the position advertised? Always helpful when you are a friend of the minister who makes the appointments.

If it means she has to quite her job with the IT then it is a big plus for journalism everywhere. But I fear she does not have to quit.
Aside from Ms. Mullally's obvious strengths, I wonder whether equal opportunities legislation is relevant here: should/must one consider heterosexual candidates for such a position?

Bea C

I think she could do a good job if she doesnt use it as a platform for her other views on feminism, anti Brexit and anti Trump
I saw a thread on the homepage, then clicked on it, but it had gone.
A minute or two later this appeared?

former wesleyan

Bea C

Aside from Ms. Mullally's obvious strengths, I wonder whether equal opportunities legislation is relevant here: should/must one consider heterosexual candidates for such a position?
What about a gender quota?

A Voice

Sorry, Dame. I ballsed up my first attempt at a thread and got a protocol reminder from Stringjack. So this is the new, improved thread. Please post your input here.

Betson

Good. If for no other reason than it will make certain contributors here lose their sh*t.
Does it make up for the election of Trump?

To be honest I can't see too many people getting exited about this mickey mouse role.

Is the position even full time?

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies

Top Bottom