Proof there is a God - Olbermann suspended

Goober

Looks like there really is a God. Keith Olbermann, the far-left commentator over at MSLSD, has been suspended indefinitely for violating the ethics policies by giving political donations to 3 candidates without getting pre-approval from MSNBC. He also featured some of those candidates on his show further complicating matters.

MSNBC originally took a different position, but as calls of hypocrisy started to go rampant, they had to change their tune and decided on a suspension.

With Olbermann gone (at least temporarily) if you wanted proof there is a God, look no farther.

UPDATE: Olbermann suspended for Dem contributions – CNN Political Ticker - CNN.com Blogs

Andrew4

I do not agree that someone who donates to the Democrats can be classified as far-left.

rubensni

This has to be linked with the Jon Stewart rally. MSNBC are racing to the center.

Fubsss

Looks like there really is a God. Keith Olbermann, the far-left commentator over at MSLSD, has been suspended indefinitely for violating the ethics policies by giving political donations to 3 candidates without getting pre-approval from MSNBC. He also featured some of those candidates on his show further complicating matters.

MSNBC originally took a different position, but as calls of hypocrisy started to go rampant, they had to change their tune and decided on a suspension.

With Olbermann gone (at least temporarily) if you wanted proof there is a God, look no farther.

UPDATE: Olbermann suspended for Dem contributions – CNN Political Ticker - CNN.com Blogs
It'll take more then that to convince me of your imaginary friend in the sky I have to say.

Mercurial

Olbermann is not 'far-left' by any reasonable use of the term.

This has to be linked with the Jon Stewart rally. MSNBC are racing to the center.
Or they don't want to seem hypocritical, given that they have been hammering Fox for its connections to anti-Democrat groups?

rubensni

Or they don't want to seem hypocritical, given that they have been hammering Fox for its connections to anti-Democrat groups?
Olbermann dropped the 'worst person in the world' segment at the start of the week, by Friday they had dropped him. Incredible coincidence that this all happened the week after the Stewart rally.

Anyway Stewart's honest broker, "Olbermann is an extreme lefty" spiel just strikes me as the pot calling the kettle back. Stewart is left wing by American standards; I'd agree he's not far left.

USER1234

Fellow MSNBC presenter Rachel Maddow About this:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2EXX32M5G7I]YouTube - Rachel Maddow On The Keith Olberman Suspension[/ame]

My Comments:
1) I agree with Rachel Maddow the point has been made and he should be allowed back to work immediately!!!

2) She is also right about fox and it shows massive difference in ethical standards between MSNBC and the propaganda/fundrasing arm of the conservative republican party called Fox!!!

Last edited:

TonyBird

Why are so many American journos so overtly political these days ?
In Ireland even the most 'radical' people try to be impartial or at least deal in facts .
Fair play to Olberman . If he is 'suspended' then Glenn Beck should be too .
Alas Fox have no standards .

People say Alex Jones is nuts . If so why is everyone in the US media trying to be him ?

Last edited:

Ó Donnchadha

Good thing that MSNBC's rating are almost non-existent. Maddow and Olbermann are both half a wack job's. Ohlbermann bragging about his Ivory league education at Cornell. Turns out he went to the Cornell School of Agriculture, where the entrance requirements are much more lax. Another snotty pseudo-intellectual liberal.

NYCKY

At least Olberman is on a network nobody watches. All this publicity might actually boost the ratings of MSNBC.

NYCKY

Olberman broke the rules and deserves his suspension. I would say the same had he donated money to Republican candidates in defiance if his employment rules.

TonyBird

Olberman broke the rules and deserves his suspension. I would say the same had he donated money to Republican candidates in defiance if his employment rules.
What ? Are you suggesting his rights should be infringed by 'big' government ? albeit 'corporate' government ?

Ó Donnchadha

What ? Are you suggesting his rights should be infringed by 'big' government ? albeit 'corporate' government ?

Keith Ohlbermann knew the rules of NBC when he was hired, he chose to lie and ignore the rules. "If you want to dance, you have to pay the fiddler".

NYCKY

FFS, what has breaching your contract with your private sector employer got to do with big government or small government or any government?

Answer: Absolutely sweet FA!

TonyBird

FFS, what has breaching your contract with your private sector employer got to do with big government or small government or any government?

Answer: Absolutely sweet FA!
It was a bit of joke . I guess he must face the consequences . I am only wondering why Glenn Beck dosnt have to do the same .

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies