• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please contact us.

Propaganda wars

bormotello

I just about to tell one big secret how Putin managed to unite Russian people - he simply ordered to translate Western propaganda
Everyday specially dedicated inosmi.ru or RT translating all russophobia published in Western media
I don't know what those articles, written by mentally ill people with total absence of logic, are achieving on West, apart from creating noise, but in Russia they are working completely opposite
Sometimes there is no need even to translate - just enough to show headlines, like here

Putin sends submarine into English Channel days before England vs Russia at Euro 2016 | Metro News
Vladimir Putin orchestrating Russian football hooligans to push Britain out of the EU
etc
But sometimes, Western MSM are producing real masterpieces of paranoia
Today is Washington Post
Russia’s war on drugs is hurting America
While we’re on the subject of Vladi­mir Putin, it’s worth noting another way Russia is working against U.S. interests. Russia is helping to sustain the war on drugs. In fact, Russia has become the world’s most aggressive defender of maintaining the war on drugs, outdoing even countries such as Iran. Iran, for instance, supports things such as needle exchanges for heroin users; Russia does not. And Russia’s hard-line stance on the drug war is bad for us.

The contrast with a country like Iran means that Russia’s social conservatism is an insufficient explanation for its stance. To understand its motives, we need to look elsewhere. One reason for Russia’s aggressive position on the war on drugs may be that members of the Russian oligarchy appear to be profiting from the illegal drug economy. A second reason must surely be that Russia can see clearly that modern prohibition is weakening the United States, its historical geopolitical competitor.
The only logical theory which I can suggest is that decriminalization of drugs created a lot of inspiration for Danielle Allen

maxflinn

And it's all being driven by those wonderful Neocons :roll:

Truth.ie

Growing up during the Cold War I thought ALL Russian women were burly, shot-putting types who spent all their lives queuing for bread in the snow.
Now watching the MSM, I´m led to believe all Venezuelans spend their days frantically looking for toilet roll.

MSM is on its last legs thankfully.

GDPR

I just about to tell one big secret how Putin managed to unite Russian people - he simply ordered to translate Western propaganda
Everyday specially dedicated inosmi.ru or RT translating all russophobia published in Western media
I don't know what those articles, written by mentally ill people with total absence of logic, are achieving on West, apart from creating noise, but in Russia they are working completely opposite
Sometimes there is no need even to translate - just enough to show headlines, like here

Putin sends submarine into English Channel days before England vs Russia at Euro 2016 | Metro News
Vladimir Putin orchestrating Russian football hooligans to push Britain out of the EU
etc
Today is Washington Post

The only logical theory which I can suggest is that decriminalization of drugs created a lot of inspiration for Danielle Allen
Of course any real war on drugs would hurt the profits of the US ruling class.

RodShaft

etc
Today is Washington Post

Are you Russian? I notice you don't use definite or indefinite articles, a good sign of Russian or other Slavic languages...

dammit_im_mad

Are you Russian? I notice you don't use definite or indefinite articles, a good sign of Russian or other Slavic languages...
Are you a russophobe as well as a pervert now? :roll:

Analyzer

I get more information about how bad Putin is, in the Irish mefia than I do about

- funny business in the maFFia
- funny deals for Denis when FG are in power
- nepotism in the state system
- Irish oligarchs screwing the people
- the waste of the people's tax money
- the identity of the Seanie Bonders
- the identity of the AIB bondholders
Etc.

dammit_im_mad

I get more information about how bad Putin is, in the Irish mefia than I do about

- funny business in the maFFia
- funny deals for Denis when FG are in power
- nepotism in the state system
- Irish oligarchs screwing the people
- the waste of the people's tax money
- the identity of the Seanie Bonders
- the identity of the AIB bondholders
Etc.
Yeah, they never shut up about russia.
You'd think they were taking orders from the US state dept or something.

Meanwhile political lies, garda corruption, systematic privatisation, TTIP, shannon, rossport, EU bullying, topics which directly affect us all often seem to be far less important to them. Curious priorities indeed.

Not much about the actual content of DNC/Hillary emails either. Just "Putin must have stolen them, what an evil bastard."

Of course no such irate response over all the many Snowden revelations of government spying on...oh...EVERYONE ON THE PLANET

cyberianpan

Website
www.google.com
Beyond causing mischief and keeping power, Putin lacks an ideology

Thus, not wanting to reveal those motives...he turns to disinformation

Might anyone here be able to name notable domestic progresses in Russia during Putin's reign ?

cyp

Karloff

Not sure i trust the truth of the Russia v USA narrative. Not sure i trust either government. Both gain from a 'false' clash or hostility between them. For the US they get to have a great enemy which naturally requires military spending increases, extension of national security apparatus, restrictions on personal liberties, propaganda etc. For Russia, well - Putin has been power so long he doesn't seem like a President, but a dictator - this clash gives him prestige and a narrative to engage in his own military games. And besides both leaders have the same friends - international bankers moneymen (and Israel) - the global financial elite is an interlinked web not a group of factions. That last reason more than any is why i don't trust Putin.

Eire1976

Everything is propaganda.
showing Kate and Wills in the DailyMail is propaganda

GDPR

Might anyone here be able to name notable domestic progresses in Russia during Putin's reign ?

cyp

Sure honey.

Yeltsin let a handful of oligarchs hoover up Russia’s wealth while ordinary Russians were reduced to selling their possessions on the street. Putin, by contrast, has quelled the economic mayhem – inflation is down, pensions have increased. Even more importantly he has restored Russia’s sense of self-worth – crushing the Chechen revolt, refusing to play along with the West over Syria.

Living in Dublin 4 you might not find Putin to your taste, but for those facing the realities of contemporary Russia he is a godsend, the strong leader that the country needs at this crucial time of transition and uncertainty.

cyberianpan

Website
www.google.com
Sure honey.

Yeltsin let a handful of oligarchs hoover up Russia’s wealth while ordinary Russians were reduced to selling their possessions on the street. Putin, by contrast, has quelled the economic mayhem – inflation is down, pensions have increased. Even more importantly he has restored Russia’s sense of self-worth – crushing the Chechen revolt, refusing to play along with the West over Syria.

Living in Dublin 4 you might not find Putin to your taste, but for those facing the realities of contemporary Russia he is a godsend, the strong leader that the country needs at this crucial time of transition and uncertainty.
Yelstein spent most of his premiereship asleep or drunk

You might want to check Russia's financial health btw ... it ain't rosy

cyp

gerhard dengler

I've met and have come to know several Russian people over the years.

Over half of my lifetime, the Cold War was a political (military) reality : we were on this side of the wall and "they" were on the opposite side.
So given the chance to speak with ordinary Russians I'm fascinated to listen to their views.

Overwhelmingly, their views as to the fall of Communism is mixed in my experience.

Even though today they can travel freely and associate with whoever they like and earn much more money than they could previously, for part of them the absence of certainty that was there under Communist rule is yearned for still.
It seems to me that they're genuinely divided on the issue of "freedom"

And when they relate their accounts of life under Communism to me, about 80% of what they say resonates with what we were being told in the West at the time.
Having to share accommodation, having to cue for food stuffs, prevented from foeign travel, were all true.

dammit_im_mad

cyp
Putin saved Russia from the precipice that drunken Yeltsin under the influence of the chicago school vultures
and the oligarchs brought them to.

He took on the oligarchs and foreign oil companies, got a better deal for Russia and restored russian pride. He was steadily building up the state again and the respect for russia on the world stage as a strong and credible actor, when all the financial and military attacks started.

The rouble was systematically attacked, a coup was engineered in Ukraine, russia was sanctioned needlessly, the saudis turned on the sluices to full to undermine the price of oil hence the russian economy, the banking system was used as a weapon, then russian ally in the ME, bashar al assad was undermined by proxy jihadists supported by the saudis,qataris and the US, taking advantage of genuine democratic protests, with the purpose of clearing a route to bring Qatari gas to europe in order to to cripple the russian economy by taking away it's main export market for it's primary energy product. Meanwhile NATO has been making threatening manoeuvres on the russian borders in it's "operation Anakonda" and ABM systems, which are part of a US think tank nuclear first strike strategy, have been installed in Romania and are earmarked for Poland and Bulgaria.
All this has been accompanied by an ideologically driven and systematic media campaign in literally almost every newspaper and news program on the planet (All just coincidence of course. Nobody is trying to undermine Russia at all :roll: )

Putin has weathered all these external existential attacks and matched them move for move, in a very measured and controlled fashion. The russian people are lucky to have such an intelligent, strong and patriotic leader at the helm in such hostile and dangerously russophobic times and I think they know it. Putin has polled consistently over 80% in the popularity stakes. Figures western leaders can only dream of, as many loll in the 20% or less band.

GDPR

Yelstein spent most of his premiereship asleep or drunk

You might want to check Russia's financial health btw ... it ain't rosy

cyp
Neither is Germanys or Americas or Irelands :)

Look the guy has done great - one reason why the US is so furious with him.

1. He preserved the unity of the Russian Federation, which we know is not what the US want : they favour a Confederation.
2. He defeated the Chechen terrorists - hold on were they good Muslim terrorists?
3. He strengthened Russias role internationally - moving the Federation confidently into the Big Three
4. He promoted socially oriented budgets making it clear social obligations would be fulfilled, unlike the Yeltsin years
5. he created the National Stabilisation Fund and the National Welfare Fund which allowed trillions of dollars from the sale of gas to underwrite economic stability
6. He reformed the army and restructured the military industrial complex which was a basket case under Yeltsin
7. he fostered integration of thr administration systems in the Russian Federation which promotes cohesion and fairness
8. he held on to the Crimea preventing NATO from accessing Russias one warm water port
9 He prevented Syria from becoming another failed state and destabilising the ME entirely
10. His policies increased Russian life expectancy and health.

Which western leader can say likewise?

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies