• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please us viua the Contact us link in the footer.

Property Tax 28 May 2013

dresden8

FGers here are gloating that they've reached their target and made us pay.

Where are the press releases from Phil Hogan trumpeting how they've coerced the population into coughing up the cash?

This is Phil's baby, why is he not here at it's birth?

Why is the useless fcker hiding away when his big idea has come to fruition?

Why are the gaelers ashamed of Phil?

ruserious

I presume you're committing some kind of libel...is the usually reply you will get on this thread from the 'Gaelers'.

Marcos the black

Where are the press releases from Phil Hogan trumpeting how they've coerced the population into coughing up the cash?

The govt outsourced it to revenue.

HYENA

Some victory, alienating thousands and providing acast for comedy court, when punters who cannot pay start attending in groups at revenues offices. Under paid civil servants will refuse to handle the situation and the Gardai have limited cell space, so whats next Phil, open the Curragh. Phil you are a clown and a gift to democracy.

Pudna

LPT section of Revenue website frozen for hours for many people...........another extension?

slippy wicket

Some victory, alienating thousands and providing acast for comedy court, when punters who cannot pay start attending in groups at revenues offices. Under paid civil servants will refuse to handle the situation and the Gardai have limited cell space, so whats next Phil, open the Curragh. Phil you are a clown and a gift to democracy.
I doubt you will find anyone who has a problem with those who cannot pay , my issue has always been with the feckless wont pay crowd.
They will have orders placed on their wages or benefits and pay that way.
Those who cannot pay are entitled to put off payment until they can.
Nobody likes a new tax, but it is necessary unfortunately.

Anyone who says otherwise is either a liar or a fool.

R3volution_R3ady

I doubt you will find anyone who has a problem with those who cannot pay , my issue has always been with the feckless wont pay crowd.

That's a strong statement. What is your expertise in this area?

Hitchcock

Ah jesus, you should have told me earlier I would have dashed out and paid:p - actually you know what I'll get on to revenue straight away and tell them I wasn't going to pay but 'slippy wicket' on pi.ie says the property tax is necessary:roll:

venusian

If they are gloating it demonstrates their stupidity as now anyone and everyone apart from the paid up members of the Hitler Youth, sorry FFger party hate them with a vengeance and they are now electoral toast :)

slippy wicket

Ah jesus, you should have told me earlier I would have dashed out and paid:p - actually you know what I'll get on to revenue straight away and tell them I wasn't going to pay but 'slippy wicket' on pi.ie says the property tax is necessary:roll:
Ya may laugh about it, but your tax will be paid eventually.
Purposely left very few loopholes, as it should be.

asset test

I just hope that those who did NOT receive a letter, and who didn't register are found.

They are the one cohort I have doubts about being pursued.

I only mention them in view of the numbers who actually did register or got a letter. Fair is fair.

The Old Woman

Ya may laugh about it, but your tax will be paid eventually.
Purposely left very few loopholes, as it should be.

tell me slippy - how come the State can purposely leave very few loopholes in the LPT -yet they are quite happy to to continue to "protect" tax avoidance procedures?

storybud1

We have all realized Hogan is a turnip, utterly despised by the electorate for a lack of humility in the face of the crash. The 600 million sent back to Nigeria is roughly the same amount raised by this tax. The annual 21 billion in Social Welfare would cover it for the next 22 years. The bank bailout would cover it for a thousand years cos that Turkey is not over by a long shot.

This Country is screaming out for a change from the old guard of political parties.

The Dark Knight Forever

Interesting tweet.

Just off Skype to my source in #revenue re #PropertyTax less than 50% compliance ... Loving this, half the country says no #Enda in trouble
https://twitter.com/AttackTheTax/status/339840896956772352

Just because they have a lot of returns does not mean all the returns have being signed by people-as people choose different ways to fight the property tax-some will choose to boycott it-others will join the attackthetax campaign and send a return back unsigned-a form thats not signed with someones name isnt acceptence and compliance with the property tax.

HYENA

No consideration that even those who pay hate this shower of gimps, and that those who cannot pay their mortgages are expected to pay for the experience of pauperhood. Great country, where Richie Boucher and the Bankers Federation are still operating in the face of their incompetence.

Mushroom

Just because they have a lot of returns does not mean all the returns have being signed by people-as people choose different ways to fight the property tax-some will choose to boycott it-others will join the attackthetax campaign and send a return back unsigned-a form thats not signed with someones name isnt acceptence and compliance with the property tax.

And thus it was that, with a despairing flourish, p.ie's very own Comical Ali emerged from his bunker for the last time!

venusian

No consideration that even those who pay hate this shower of gimps, and that those who cannot pay their mortgages are expected to pay for the experience of pauperhood. Great country, where Richie Boucher and the Bankers Federation are still operating in the face of their incompetence.
Remember it is at the behest of that little piece of inhumanity Mr Noonan that Rich Richie Bouchier is been paid his outrageous salary !

Popular Threads

Most Replies