• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please us viua the Contact us link in the footer.

Property Tax - A letter to Revenue - Ireland 2013

Ribeye

The below is a letter received by Revenue last month, i'm gonna keep the OP short as I think that the letter speaks for itself,

I know that many will disagree with the threats contained in the letter, and I'm quite sure the Guards are already involved,

However, shouldn't we also be asking what has driven a 73 year old man to make such threats, against other Irish people?

Shouldn't this guy, having worked all his life, be left alone to enjoy his retirement, pottering around garden centers and going out for a quiet pint with the other old timers or whatever?

Is the state there to serve the people, or has it become their enemy?

Ulster-Lad

One can not fault the man for his views. I suppose at this stage it is to be expected.

* On a side note you do realise that Sync will crucify you for starting a thread in this forum?

Last edited:

ruserious

Sounds like something Hitch typed up on a rainy afternoon. How do we know it's genuine?

collina

You should take that down. For your own sake.

ShoutingIsLeadership

The below is a letter received by Revenue last month, i'm gonna keep the OP short as I think that the letter speaks for itself,

I know that many will disagree with the threats contained in the letter, and I'm quite sure the Guards are already involved,

However, shouldn't we also be asking what has driven a 73 year old man to make such threats, against other Irish people?

Shouldn't this guy, having worked all his life, be left alone to enjoy his retirement, pottering around garden centers and going out for a quiet pint with the other old timers or whatever?

I'd also ask what drove a 64 year old man to buy a house.

Dunlin3

Can't see revenue publishing any letters it receives. So it's either a copy of a letter or bullsh1t!

Howya

Regardless of whether you agree or not with the property tax, it's structure, implementation, exclusions etc lack any thought process, logic and sense of fairness.

Muilleann

He's only expressing a widely held sentiment.

But Revenue officials are not the cause of his complaint (as he clearly spells out in his letter) so he should'nt be threatening them.

EUrJokingMeRight

Seems fair enough to me.

Private citizens getting robbed by a government gorging on excesses at every turn.

In what world would a government expect that to be a popular activity. IMF/PS world excluded of course.

Ulster-Lad

He's only expressing a widely held sentiment.

But Revenue officials are not the cause of his complaint (as he clearly spells out in his letter) so he should'nt be threatening them.
It looks like a warning to me. Who was charged with collecting this 'tax'?

Expose the lot of them

But, I can hear Lucy, Leo and Phil the thug say, what is the problem, we can offer a "deferral" at a "favourable" interest rate of 8% and when he dies we can sell the house over the head of his widow and confiscate as much of the sale price as suits us.

Expose the lot of them

One can not fault the man for his views. I suppose at this stage it is to be expected.

* On a side note you do realise that Sync will crucify for starting a thread in this forum?
Sync cannot do that, she is contractually obliged to be nice to Ribeye for a period of one month post the ME election.

Expose the lot of them

I'd also ask what drove a 64 year old man to buy a house.
Why not? If he was able to pay for it in cash he was better of than having the insecurity of renting hanging over his head. At that stage he was unaware that the blueshirts were going to introduce laws which would result in the forfeiture and confiscation of family homes to pay for bank bail outs and the pensions of Bertie et al.

Aindriu

Popular Threads

Most Replies