Property Tax. Send your deeds to the Dail. Hold onto your hall-door keys.

Mondo

New property tax - what the...?!?!?

No credit. No buyers. No buyers - No value.

Why wait for them to mobilise all their FF'in idle estate agents desperate for income, to perform imaginary Valuation Surveys on our homes for the purpose of a new tax?

Property ownership in Ireland has switched from being an asset to a liability even without a tax. How can you tax people on negative wealth??

Hold onto your keys - you need somewhere to live after all and the state won't be able to cope with everyone.

Drop your deeds into Leinster house, explain your keeping the keys as you need somewhere to house your family.

Let them deal with the finer details.

Call it social housing

Property tax....
...Don't make me laugh.

Last edited:

Nonsence & lies

PTSB have my deeds. So as far as i'm concerned they own it or else return the money they stole from me by raisng interest rates

Congalltee

The French, German or English people would never stand for a property tax.....right?
Some proles need to grow up (next they will attacking the long overdue ecological charge on water)

Mondo

The French, German or English people would never stand for a property tax.....right?
Some proles need to grow up (next they will attacking the long overdue ecological charge on water)
Please do expand on the just implementation of such a tax.

Given that there may be about as much property market activity here for the coming 50 years as there is in Chernobyl.

Congalltee

Please do expand on the just implementation of such a tax.

Given that there may be about as much property market activity here for the coming 50 years as there is in Chernobyl.
A flat tax of at least €1,000 on every residence going to local authorities. If people don't pay, instead of prosecuting them, get judgement against them and register against their property interest. Of garnish their salaries or social welfare (those dependent on the latter should pay a lower rate say €200). Easy to assess, cheap to administer, and since all benefit from local authorities, there is no reason to have different rates. An alternative would be 0.4% of current value, as assessed by the homeowner - subject to review the election of local authority.

Mondo

A flat tax of at least €1,000 on every residence going to local authorities. If people don't pay, instead of prosecuting them, get judgement against them and register against their property interest. Of garnish their salaries or social welfare (those dependent on the latter should pay a lower rate say €200). Easy to assess, cheap to administer, and since all benefit from local authorities, there is no reason to have different rates. An alternative would be 0.4% of current value, as assessed by the homeowner - subject to review the election of local authority.
oh so much more just.

A flat tax of €1,000 for Shrewsbury Road too?

Sure some of those poor wretches must be in negative equity as well.

Down to their last Bentley and feeling the pinch. Bless 'em.

kodak

what will we get in exchange for this new tax? better services...I don't think so

Congalltee

oh so much more just.

A flat tax of €1,000 for Shrewsbury Road too?

Sure some of those poor wretches must be in negative equity as well.

Down to their last Bentley and feeling the pinch. Bless 'em.
Yes. Some there has already paid higher income tax or reflect that differential. They get the same services as someone in Irishtown. This should not be income tax by the back door.

bonkers

how the hell would people who depend on sw get 200 euro to pay a property tax?

Mondo

Yes. Some there has already paid higher income tax or reflect that differential. They get the same services as someone in Irishtown. This should not be income tax by the back door.
Huh?

Two bedrooms Vs Seven.

€1,000 flat rate.

Sure that seems FFair to some...

Barnacle

Property Tax is just a poor excuse for Wealth Tax. Is this proposed Property Tax only applicable to those who own their property and reside in that property. What about all the rented accommodation and those who occupy these properties?

olamp

This stinking government got 58.000 euro stamp duty from me in 2004 and they are not getting another red cent.

Nonsence & lies

I always think that people who have strong opinions on things the majority disagree with, should state what it is they do for a living, particularly those who are more or less advocating poor people being thrown in jail. Should be dealt with like tv lincense dodgers, after all its only €13.33 a month.

As for councils, mmmmmm. Clare county council are currently digging up perfectly good footpaths and replacing them with new, only problem being the new surfaces aren't as good in slippy conditions?
Now who do I complain to about that?

Do us all a favour, go back to your villa full time!

FreshStart

Apologise for the term "Prole" right now.

Ah Well

Purely out of curiosity, will you be liable for it yourself?

zippo222

I'm living in the house I was born in. When I am dead another member of my family will live in it, and when they die another member ... and so on. They may put whatever charge they like against this house. It's not for sale now, and may never be for sale. Or at least not for generations to come.

Freedom front

I was born as a free Citizen in the Republic of Ireland, which was hard won by our forefathers

I will not pay a Property tax
I will not pay a water tax

I will not Support or accept a corrupt Regime taxes

What about YOU

j26

I'm living in the house I was born in. When I am dead another member of my family will live in it, and when they die another member ... and so on. They may put whatever charge they like against this house. It's not for sale now, and may never be for sale. Or at least not for generations to come.
It'll be got when you die.

Dunlin3

I was born as a free Citizen in the Republic of Ireland, which was hard won by our forefathers

I will not Support or accept a corrupt Regime taxes

What about YOU
Get your own water supply then but in other grown up countries you pay for water just like gas and electricity. And don't give me guff that your taxes already pay for water as they don't. Water is not free and you should pay for what you use if it is supplied to you by the local authority.

goosebump

I take it you won't be paying a Sanctimonious Bullsh1t tax either, given that it would cripple you.

New Threads

Most Replies