• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

Property Tax Vote on now..........10:43hrs 14th December 2012....Dáil behaviour

galwaytt

....just watching this now online.

The behaviour of the TD's is disgraceful. Any excuse for a smart-arsed laugh.

But a bigger issue, looking at the room now: why isn't it full ? Why aren't all the deputies, on such a serious matter, in the House, and voting ?

Considering that one section of the Act alone will 'allow' Revenue officials to enter someone's private home ? And some TD's don't think this is worth attending ?

We're going to have to get a look at the actual attendance and voting record for this travesty of legislation.

Another thing: why is the voting muted ?

Rocky

Not watching it, but they'll all have to be there to vote.

cogar

galway: revenue always had the power and they are welcome to visit me at any time. I am tax compliant. The voting is muted - they will vote electronically. The opposition tellers can then call for a walk through vote - which is highly likely. They will want to see how CK and the rest of the Lab 'rebels' vote. I agree that the antics are childish. You can view online the results of the vote on the oireachtas site.

The 'trotsky from Tallaght' V the 'pantomime dame' hardly equates to debate!

culmore

when the vote is over and all the antics, they will ALL adjourn to the subsedised bar and have a big Xmas drink and have a laugh about how they all kidded the people

cogar

culmore: not alone that but they will all be drinking together - none of this sham battle we witnessed earlier.

DaveMc

What they are voting on is whether or not to introduce a 'shoot to kill' policy on families up and down the country.

Rocky

Indeed! There were 66 tá and 35 níl which makes a total of 101 out of 165. Great parliament.
That's pretty bad alright. God knows where they all are. And obviously that's a lot of people missing on both government and opposition.

greengoose2

There's a macaque sitting in his chair presiding over the disorder of business. Pathetic!

That guy is a disgrace. Thank you deppity, thank you, pleeeease, thank you deppity, let the deppity speak. Whoa, hang on there, please, the deppity, can we have order.

Howya

That's pretty bad alright. God knows where they all are. And obviously that's a lot of people missing on both government and opposition.

It's Friday - the weekend starts here (or something like that)....

cogar

There is now another vote on Monday's business which the govt will win again. More time wasting and less time for debate which the opposition say the want. Can anybody explain the logic of that. The Dail sitting started at 1030 and a hour will have been wasted before any real business is done.

dagenict

Twitter
dagenict
The only hope for the people is that Mr. rabbit as his name sugest,s will continue to burrow the holes for his contemtuoes, buddies to crawl into they make me sick.

lorna

To the Government
Home is a Fundamental Human Right. Human Rights shall not be taxed. For Our History, for Our Martyrs, for Our Identity vote No to Property Tax on Homes. If the Country needs money think in a Solidarity Tax until Ireland puts her house in order. Lorna

gerhard dengler

To the Government
Home is a Fundamental Human Right. Human Rights shall not be taxed. For Our History, for Our Martyrs, for Our Identity vote No to Property Tax on Homes. If the Country needs money think in a Solidarity Tax until Ireland puts her house in order. Lorna
Most houses in this country are owner occupied homes.
Most homes are purchased out of after tax income.

This government are determined to tax people for dwelling in those homes bought out of after tax income.

Shameful.

seanmacc

Indeed! There were 66 tá and 35 níl which makes a total of 101 out of 165. Great parliament.
That is a disgrace. I wonder was there any pairing agreements in there for deputies force majour away? Even still a very bad show

elliebee

That figure seems to me to be an even 32 on each side of the house who didn't vote at all. Does that mean the opposition were accommodating the government politicians by matching their absence on a one for one basis rather than showing their hand and representing the people of this country? Shame on them.

elliebee

To the Government
It should be a council tax where every household which uses services would have to pay. Local Autholrity exemptions is simply not on as most of the tenants are in an equal position to private property owners. If they have to claim an increase on housing benefit due to low income then so be it but it should be a fair across the board tax and exemptions / support structure for low income households.

It's the unfairness of the whole thing I cannot come to terms.

lorna

Robert Hale explains very well the dresdful consequences of Property Tax:
As I cannot post links because I don't have 50 posts, please search Robert Hale on Property Tax either in Google or in youtube.
----
Home is a Fundamental Human Right. Human Rights shall not be taxed

Rocky

That figure seems to me to be an even 32 on each side of the house who didn't vote at all. Does that mean the opposition were accommodating the government politicians by matching their absence on a one for one basis rather than showing their hand and representing the people of this country? Shame on them.
It's probably a bit of both. I imagine there's plently of opposition TDs who wanted to be at whatever pub opening is going on in their constituency today. On the government side there is serious reasons they can't be there, EU meetings etc., as well as that type of crap again.