Proposed New Mayors ......130K a year plus plus plus

brughahaha

Was listening to Sean O'Rourke today (unusual) and they were discussing the plebiscite for New Mayors .
While this could be a good idea , i almost choked when I heard the proposed salary ....130k , plus car plus driver , , Im sure pension on top and expenses .

Seriously are FG utterly out of touch with the growing contempt with which politics , politicians and their rapacious greed is held in ireland

What in the name of God could possibly justify such a salary and expense in a country with a chronic homelessness crisis , underfunded Health and Education and huge levels of poverty.?

The Blueshirts defense was that it was only a proposal , and would have to be agreed by the Dail ....yeah , can anyone provide a single instance of the Dail voluntarily curtailing the establishment gravy train .........

BTW the Mayor of London , who runs many large scale operations such as housing and Transport for 11 million people gets £143,000 ...so how the hell is Waterford, 53,000 people worth 130K

If people let them away with this they really are gobsh!tes

Heres some info Power, accountability and €130k a year: Three Irish cities to vote on having a mayor

jmcc

BTW the Mayor of London , who runs many large scale operations such as housing and Transport for 11 million people gets £143,000 ...so how the hell is Waterford, 53,000 people worth 130K
Is that you, Mr Varadkar? :) Besides Waterford has been a city since before Dublin ever had its first pub.

hiding behind a poster

Was listening to Sean O'Rourke today (unusual) and they were discussing the plebiscite for New Mayors .
While this could be a good idea , i almost choked when I heard the proposed salary ....130k , plus car plus driver , , Im sure pension on top and expenses .

Seriously are FG utterly out of touch with the growing contempt with which politics , politicians and their rapacious greed is held in ireland

What in the name of God could possibly justify such a salary and expense in a country with a chronic homelessness crisis , underfunded Health and Education and huge levels of poverty.?

The Blueshirts defense was that it was only a proposal , and would have to be agreed by the Dail ....yeah , can anyone provide a single instance of the Dail voluntarily curtailing the establishment gravy train .........

If people let them away with this they really are gobsh!tes

Heres some info Power, accountability and €130k a year: Three Irish cities to vote on having a mayor
How much do you think they should be paid?

shiel

We do not need another well paid celebrity in charge of our affairs.

We already have enough politicians.

Adding another well paid tier to our admin cost is not on.

Lumpy Talbot

Twitter
No
That would be my first question: What are these Mayors intended to replace? If they are an additional layer of bureaucracy and placemen for the main parties then I wouldn't see what the point of them was.

My second question would be around how the calculation or benchmarking was made for remuneration in these roles- equivalent to a senior civil servant, perchance?

brughahaha

That would be my first question: What are these Mayors intended to replace? If they are an additional layer of bureaucracy and placemen for the main parties then I wouldn't see what the point of them was.

My second question would be around how the calculation or benchmarking was made for remuneration in these roles- equivalent to a senior civil servant, perchance?

replace ? replace ? ....this is the Irish Public Service and Establishment you're talking about .......No , nothing is replaced (ever) ...this is just another ridiculously over paid, over expensed , over pensioned, tax free lump summed, screw the taxpayer scam , plum job for some party apparatchik like HBAP

replaced ....bwahahahaha ..........next you'll be expecting accountability too ..........

Northsideman

No more than half that
Nobody with any sort of ability to run a City is going to work for that kind of money, you'll end up with a gobshite parish pump merchant. Pay peanuts and you'll get a monkey.

toughbutfair

They should earn about 200k , however no expenses . Also, Dublin is really the only city (I’m not a Dub) and at a push Cork. No mayors needed for the rest.

raetsel

Besides Waterford has been a city since before Dublin ever had its first pub.
Sure, if five families, ten goats, three dogs and a cat living in mud huts qualifies as a city, of course it was.
It's not even a proper city nowadays. :ROFLMAO:

jmcc

Sure, if five families, ten goats, three dogs and a cat living in mud huts qualifies as a city, of course it was.
It's not even a proper city nowadays. :ROFLMAO:
It had walls and the oldest bricks and mortar buildings in the country. Even older than your beloved tower of London.

brughahaha

Nobody with any sort of ability to run a City is going to work for that kind of money, you'll end up with a gobshite parish pump merchant. Pay peanuts and you'll get a monkey.

Yeah because our really well remunerated Taoosigh , Ministers and Senior PS have provided us with a paradise of well run public services havent they

FFS!!:rolleyes:

Baron von Biffo

Yeah because our really well remunerated Taoosigh , Ministers and Senior PS have provided us with a paradise of well run public services havent they

FFS!!:rolleyes:
It's difficult to tell if you're taking the piss or you really are that limited but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and try to explain it to you.

Paying high salaries (and €130k isn't very high) doesn't guarantee success but paying very low salaries pretty much does guarantee failure.

Watcher2

What our politicians think they can do with taxpayers money is utterly putrid. The childrens hospital, the broadband plan, directly elected mayors. They don't give a flying fvck about our money. Its utterly disgusting.

Orbit v2

Mayors don't need a car and driver. That is ridiculous. Aside from that, I think the debate should be about what powers they have and what the effect of that will be.

brughahaha

It's difficult to tell if you're taking the piss or you really are that limited but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and try to explain it to you.

Paying high salaries (and €130k isn't very high) doesn't guarantee success but paying very low salaries pretty much does guarantee failure.

Its 4 times the average wage

And as for limited , that'd be the brain dead establishment lickspittle ...you

Thousands upon thousands of SMEs ran perfectly well , providing billions in taxes , and thousands of jobs .....by people on substantially less than 130K

And to put it in perspective, Out of a workforce of over 1.8 million less than 140,000 earn over 100k

but you keep talking out of your arse ...we'd expect nothing less

Baron von Biffo

Its 4 times the average wage

And as for limited , that'd be the brain dead establishment lickspittle ...you

Thousands upon thousands of SMEs ran perfectly well , providing billions in taxes , and thousands of jobs .....by people on substantially less than 130K

And to put it in perspective, Out of a workforce of over 1.8 million less than 140,000 earn over 100k

but you keep talking out of your arse ...we'd expect nothing less
Because being the head of local government for a city is the same as running a shop or a one-man web design business?

We can rule out the 'taking the piss' option then.

brughahaha

Because being the head of local government for a city is the same as running a shop or a one-man web design business?

We can rule out the 'taking the piss' option then.
Oh Dear ...arent you very fortunate to live in an era where your clear ignorance and stupidity provoke only sympathy rather than ridicule.

Firstly The Mayor wont be running a city nor next to near running it

The newly-elected mayors, if the public decide to vote for such a change, will be able to bring forward the council budget and development plan. However, individual decisions on planning will remain with the chief executive

So no transport , no water , no law and order brief, no finance raising powers ....just rubber stamp a development plan and budget ....given to him/her by the chief executive and hand out the prizes at school sports days ....and you describe this as "running a city"

:rolleyes:

you must be a public employee yourself , because only there would you find the contempt and mind boggling ignorance about the "real" economy , you display for 70% of the private sector ...yep the SME sector provides 70% of employment ....but obviously its all shops and web design eh ? FFS , the stupidity

:rolleyes:

But hey you keep parading your utter ignorance on both topics ...we wont mock you ....much

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies