Protest against Sabbath Desecration

Old Mr Grouser

This afternoon's protest - at the Kingspan Stadium, Belfast - against the desecration of the Sabbath by Ulster Rugby is a very worthy cause in itself.

It will also be a public witness of the participants commitment to their faith and will show that Christians are capable of making orderly dignified public protests as and when necessary.

Full details are here - The Burning Bush

Niall996

It's such a bizarre thing, their religious extremism and their parallel overt aggressive politicisation of religion. What a bunch of sickos.

Oliver Cromwell McIvor

Well said Mr Grouser. Had I of known this was on I would have attended.

GDPR

It's such a bizarre thing, their religious extremism and their parallel overt aggressive politicisation of religion. What a bunch of sickos.
They are right on this though. People say that Religion made the conflict worse in Ulster, but I don't believe that, without the influence of Christianity on both sides you would have seen a Rwanda like situation. Christianity is something deeply embedded in the Celtic character and very often when Celts give it up they become trashy characters with very little sense of self. Anyway the recent rape trial exposed for all to see the depraved nature of Rugby culture in Ulster.

Niall996

Well said Mr Grouser. Had I of known this was on I would have attended.
Why wait for others to make your decisions for you. Nothing to stop you starting your own protest outside shops, hospitals, police stations, fire stations, airports, etc anywhere where people sinfully work on Sundays. Why be such a sheep. Man up and go for it.

theloner

Former Newcastle player and now evangelical minister Stuart Elliott is hilariously part of the protest despite playing Sunday games his whole career (football). Wonder why he suspended his obviously deeply held principle during his careee? £?

Jimbo Allister is oddly supporting the protest.

Oliver Cromwell McIvor

Fair enough. But you've had more warning than you'll get if the Pope of Rome turns up - as well he might - unannounced - this August.
Yes Sir! Myself and our congregation are well into our plans of protest and if necessary civil disobedience.

Glaucon

And these mentally deranged freaks are the same ones who lambast the South as a priest-ridden state.

GDPR

Former Newcastle player and now evangelical minister Stuart Elliott is hilariously part of the protest despite playing Sunday games his whole career (football). Wonder why he suspended his obviously deeply held principle during his careee? £?

Jimbo Allister is oddly supporting the protest.
Jimbo is himself a Free Presbyterian so it isn't that odd at all. What is odd is that you have a good few Free Presbyterians who believe in the whole Dispensationalist lula "Christian" Zionist nonsense and yet still call themselves with a straight face Presbyterians. In Scotland there is a quip about them- "They aren't the Free Presbyterian Kirk but the Presbyterian Free Kirk".

Old Mr Grouser

It was "sickos" like them that at one time were chained to stakes and slowly burnt alive - for being able to read and write, and passing on that skill to their fellow-paupers.

And they went on to create trade unions, building societies and co-operative societies,et al.

[video=youtube;AY9WX1c-YhY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AY9WX1c-YhY[/video]

McSlaggart

This afternoon's protest - at the Kingspan Stadium, Belfast - against the desecration of the Sabbath by Ulster Rugby is a very worthy cause in itself.

It will also be a public witness of the participants commitment to their faith and will show that Christians are capable of making orderly dignified public protests as and when necessary.

Full details are here - The Burning Bush
I support their right to protest. I may not agree with them but we need people to stand up for their point of view.

Niall996

Do none of them have kids to bring them into the 21st century or are their kids chained up in farm buildings somewhere.

GDPR

And these mentally deranged freaks are the same ones who lambast the South as a priest-ridden state.
It is interesting that Protestants in Ulster have far stronger Theocratic tendencies than Catholics do.

Niall996

It was "sickos" like them that at one time were chained to stakes and slowly burnt alive - for being able to read and write, and passing on that skill to their fellow-paupers.

And they went on to create trade unions, building societies and co-operative societies,et al.

[video=youtube;AY9WX1c-YhY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AY9WX1c-YhY[/video]
And sickos like them who burnt hundreds of thousands of women at the stake, enforced the slave trade, apartheid, a famine in Ireland and instigated numerous pointless wars.

Old Mr Grouser

It is interesting that Protestants in Ulster have far stronger Theocratic tendencies than Catholics do.
There are never any atheists when the bombs are going off.

[video=youtube;WJHp9yspJqw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WJHp9yspJqw[/video]

Niall996

I support their right to protest. I may not agree with them but we need people to stand up for their point of view.
These clowns will be out when the Pope visits trying to antagonise their neighbours, insult, disrupt the visit whom their neighbours want to enjoy and incite sectarian violence. There's 'protesting' and then there is intimidation and dissemination of hate speech and incitement to hate crimes. \they deserve nothing but derision and ridicule.

GDPR

There are never any atheists when the bombs are going off.

[video=youtube;WJHp9yspJqw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WJHp9yspJqw[/video]
People can say what they want about Ulster Unionism but it is impossible to deny that Ian Paisley Senior and Enoch Powell were the two greatest orators in the Anglosphere of the 20 th century.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies