Protest against Sabbath Desecration

Old Mr Grouser

And sickos like them who burnt hundreds of thousands of women at the stake, enforced the slave trade, apartheid, a famine in Ireland and instigated numerous pointless wars.
Whatever you're smoking I suggest you smoke less of it.

GDPR

These clowns will be out when the Pope visits trying to antagonise their neighbours, insult, disrupt the visit whom their neighbours want to enjoy and incite sectarian violence. There's 'protesting' and then there is intimidation and dissemination of hate speech and incitement to hate crimes. \they deserve nothing but derision and ridicule.
The Free Ps- and I'm not a fan of them- are in a significant majority working class or small farming Ulster Scots, they are actually an extremely different group to the David Norrises and BtBs.

Old Mr Grouser

Do none of them have kids to bring them into the 21st century ...

"Into the 21st Century" - Is that you're way of saying, 'having them semi-illiterate, and believing every thing they see on TV' - and being obese for lack of exercise, and eating junk food, and boozing every day of the week

[video=youtube;lOUcXK_7d_c]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lOUcXK_7d_c&t=137s[/video]

cricket

This protestant taliban is an embarrassment to real protestants.

michael-mcivor

It’s Gods law to Protest on a Sunday- about a Sunday- I don’t think so- how many Prods actually spend their sundays on a bed at rest- not one-

GDPR

It’s Gods law to Protest on a Sunday- about a Sunday- I don’t think so- how many Prods actually spend their sundays on a bed at rest- not one-
Uh a lot of Prods take the Sabbath very seriously. Growing up my sister and I were made to spend most of the day in our room and we had to answer questions about what we read in the Bible when we were there.

Niall996

"Into the 21st Century" - Is that you're way of saying, 'having them semi-illiterate, and believing every thing they see on TV' - and being obese for lack of exercise, and eating junk food, and boozing every day of the week

[video=youtube;lOUcXK_7d_c]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lOUcXK_7d_c&t=137s[/video]
And you'd rather go back to the time of mass unrelenting European bloodbath warfare, grotesque colonialism, grim industrial working conditions, the slave trade and barbaric medieval attitudes to minorities and women in this enlightened literate past era you hold so dear?

Cai

I support their right to protest. I may not agree with them but we need people to stand up for their point of view.
& their point of view is that other people should not go about their business on a Sunday because of their own personal rather eccentric beliefs.

I hope the Jews & Muslims don’t kick off about this or we’re in for very long & very boring weekends.

Cai

Uh a lot of Prods take the Sabbath very seriously. Growing up my sister and I were made to spend most of the day in our room and we had to answer questions about what we read in the Bible when we were there.
Just as well Social Services didn’t get to hear about it.

GDPR

Just as well Social Services didn’t get to hear about it.
I doubt they would have cared. I think that was actually good for us. However if we had being living on the UK mainland we would have ended up being taken into care but for other reasons.

Cai

I doubt they would have cared. I think that was actually good for us. However if we had being living on the UK mainland we would have ended up being taken into care but for other reasons.
Keeping children in a room all day with a Bible would be risking it nowadays.

Old Mr Grouser

And you'd rather go back to the time of mass unrelenting European bloodbath warfare, grotesque colonialism, grim industrial working conditions, the slave trade and barbaric medieval attitudes to minorities and women in this enlightened literate past era you hold so dear?
It was the Nonconformist Christian sects that were at always at the forefront of campaigns for social reform.

Niall996

It was the Nonconformist Christian sects that were at always at the forefront of campaigns for social reform.
Every non comformist sect was at one time part to the mainstream. Sects broke off randomly over time and became cults generally behind one disgruntled or extremist individual who wanted to be the centre of attention. All sects share the same accountability for all the brutality and savagery done under the banner of religion in the past. Modern sects are as hate filled, divisive and destructive as all that went before. The modern world doesn't want this kind of crap anymore.

GDPR

Methodism certainly played an important positive role in British history and without the Wesleys things definitely would have been a lot worse- however in Ulster there has and is a pretty sinister side to "Non-Conformism" which doesn't exist on the UK mainland, see the George Seawright thread. That said a lot of Non-Conformists/Evangelicals actually keep themselves as far away as possible from any tribal nastiness. Ulster Evangelicals can very often be either the best or worst people you are ever likely to meet. That is what angered me so much about the Ashers case- though they could have easily gone after scummy people to make their point instead they went after people of quality.

Niall996

Methodism certainly played an important positive role in British history and without the Wesleys things definitely would have been a lot worse- however in Ulster there has and is a pretty sinister side to "Non-Conformism" which doesn't exist on the UK mainland, see the George Seawright thread. That said a lot of Non-Conformists/Evangelicals actually keep themselves as far away as possible from any tribal nastiness. Ulster Evangelicals can very often be either the best or worst people you are ever likely to meet. That is what angered me so much about the Ashers case- though they could have easily gone after scummy people to make their point instead they went after people of quality.
The NI sects have never been focussed on real issues of fairness, equality and justice in the NI community. They effectively lost all sight of what the purpose of being in a Christian sect was all about. Instead they remained singularly transfixed by the great whore of Babylon living beside them in NI and in the south. The great evil entity threatening at all times. They lived by a bizarre science fiction movie script.
And ultimately weaponised, butchered and disgraced Christianity and in doing so lost the plot.

GDPR

The NI sects have never been focussed on real issues of fairness, equality and justice in the NI community. They effectively lost all sight of what the purpose of being in a Christian sect was all about. Instead they remained singularly transfixed by the great whore of Babylon living beside them in NI and in the south. The great evil entity threatening at all times. They lived by a bizarre science fiction movie script.
And ultimately weaponised, butchered and disgraced Christianity and in doing so lost the plot.
"Evangelicals" are the group in the PUL community most likely to identify simply as "Irish". Meanwhile you have people like "between the bridges" who has admitted being on extremely friendly terms with the Ordo Templi Orientis who are open about their rituals involving perverted sex and drugs and has identified as an atheist who takes a Anglo-Irish and Ulster Scot supremacist stance against the Gael. Cruimh is another one on here who is an utter bigot who also is a zealot for homosexualist extremism- meanwhile I know Ulster Prod "Young Earth Creationists" who vote for the Green Party.

Ireniall

They are right on this though. People say that Religion made the conflict worse in Ulster, but I don't believe that, without the influence of Christianity on both sides you would have seen a Rwanda like situation. Christianity is something deeply embedded in the Celtic character and very often when Celts give it up they become trashy characters with very little sense of self. Anyway the recent rape trial exposed for all to see the depraved nature of Rugby culture in Ulster.
But you're not giving up your Christianity by having a bit of sport on a Sunday and that rape case happened under the old system and this did not save those particular Celts involved. Nonetheless I see a kernel of truth in what you say.

Weevil

This afternoon's protest - at the Kingspan Stadium, Belfast - against the desecration of the Sabbath by Ulster Rugby is a very worthy cause in itself.

It will also be a public witness of the participants commitment to their faith and will show that Christians are capable of making orderly dignified public protests as and when necessary.

Full details are here - The Burning Bush
Gammon, Gammon Everywhere!!

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies