Protest against Sabbath Desecration

AhNowStop

This afternoon's protest - at the Kingspan Stadium, Belfast - against the desecration of the Sabbath by Ulster Rugby is a very worthy cause in itself.

It will also be a public witness of the participants commitment to their faith and will show that Christians are capable of making orderly dignified public protests as and when necessary.

Full details are here - The Burning Bush

Imagine protesting on the sabbath... feckin disgrace :shock:

mac tíre

Is protesting on the Sabbath theologically ok?
I was just thinking the exact same thing. Surely by the strict definition they have based their protest on would break that definition - organising, attending, breaking a day of rest etc. The DUP don't negotiate on a Sunday but it seems an ol protest is alright in God's eyes.

Caothaoir

Surely Saturday is the original Sabbath?
Sunday is the "Lord's Day".

Goa Tse

[video=youtube;yuVmjv22Nqc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yuVmjv22Nqc[/video]

Niall996

I was just thinking the exact same thing. Surely by the strict definition they have based their protest on would break that definition - organising, attending, breaking a day of rest etc. The DUP don't negotiate on a Sunday but it seems an ol protest is alright in God's eyes.
What happens when the 12th falls on a Sunday?

Niall996

"Evangelicals" are the group in the PUL community most likely to identify simply as "Irish". Meanwhile you have people like "between the bridges" who has admitted being on extremely friendly terms with the Ordo Templi Orientis who are open about their rituals involving perverted sex and drugs and has identified as an atheist who takes a Anglo-Irish and Ulster Scot supremacist stance against the Gael. Cruimh is another one on here who is an utter bigot who also is a zealot for homosexualist extremism- meanwhile I know Ulster Prod "Young Earth Creationists" who vote for the Green Party.

What the fúck is going on up there??

corporal punishment

And these mentally deranged freaks are the same ones who lambast the South as a priest-ridden state.
I always thought that was odd too. Half the unionist politicians are reverend this, that or the other and we're priest ridden?. Well we used to be but they still are and are far worse.

GDPR

That question should be directed at Ratio's head, not the north.

It's pure gibberish.
In the real world the Shinners scored very much an "own goal" going after the Ashers. You supported the Provies during the time that said if Brussels reached a clutch Ireland that is has now they would resist it with arms (this is in the first Eire Nua pamphlet), now you Irish Independence. If want evidence about "Evangelicals" being most likely to identify as just Irish among the PUL tribe the figures are in this book which I used to own but gave to someone and they never gave it back-

https://www.amazon.com/Evangelical-Journeys-Northern-Religious-Subculture/dp/1906359636

mac tíre

That's nice.

Windowshopper

This thread is a useful reminder that though Grouser is quick to attack the RCC the society he wants wouldn't look too different from that of the Catholic right.

I have always thought taught he got an easy ride on this site for his anti-RCC stance, even though it wasn't for secular reasons.

devonish

Much ado about nothing, about a dozen protestors, on the other hand another local church was providing refreshments to the passing crowd.

sadmal

This afternoon's protest - at the Kingspan Stadium, Belfast - against the desecration of the Sabbath by Ulster Rugby is a very worthy cause in itself.

It will also be a public witness of the participants commitment to their faith and will show that Christians are capable of making orderly dignified public protests as and when necessary.

Full details are here - The Burning Bush
Living in NI near Presbyterians must be great fun.

Lumpy Talbot

Twitter
No
what are you supposed to do on a sunday according to these lads? Get dressed up in a suit,turn your armchair to a blank wall and stare at it solemnly until monday?

CastleRay

I always thought that was odd too. Half the unionist politicians are reverend this, that or the other and we're priest ridden?. Well we used to be but they still are and are far worse.
You’re a bit outdated there. I’m not aware of any MLAs, MPs, or MEPs who are reverends.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies