• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

PROTEST on Friday outside Dail - Respite cut by 19%

And So I Said

There will be a dignified protest outside the Dail on Friday the 7th at 12 noon to highlight the cuts in respite for those who care for the disabled, elderly and those suffering from terminal illness.

Respite care grant cut by over

***Respite grant march tomorrow.***, Special Needs - Rollercoaster.ie

"The Carers Association recognises your feelings around the 19% cut to the Respite Care Grant, and want to assure you that we feel the same. We propose to call for a reversal of this cut, by marching to the Dáil tomorrow Friday 7th at 12 noon."

Please make a stand if you can.
If you can't make it please ask someone to go on your behalf. Lets make a stand and be heard!

Respite Care Grant

Meet outside Buswells Hotel, across from Leinster House at 11.45am.

Last edited:

Ribeye

For the love of,

Folks - we need to spit protesting for only those things that affect us alone,

If we all don't stand together and protest against the destruction of our country, nothing will change,

You're all going after the symptoms,

We need to cure the disease!

d7bohs

I predict that this will be the U-turn that is offered up in order that the rest of the budget gets through.

lying eyes

I predict that this will be the U-turn that is offered up in order that the rest of the budget gets through.
Agree 100%-same thing last year, related to disability issues again. This practice is disgusting. When I hear people say that Enda Kenny is a decent man, decent man my .... This ploy is disgusting and we the people should let it be known in a very strong fashion.

Hewson

I've been told that they expect to save 3.2 million by making this cut.
About six times what Gilmore and his band of merry advisors costs the state.

And So I Said

Agree 100%-same thing last year, related to disability issues again. This practice is disgusting. When I hear people say that Enda Kenny is a decent man, decent man my .... This ploy is disgusting and we the people should let it be known in a very strong fashion.
even more disgusting is the stress and upset, if what you say is correct, that it is causing the disabled and those are seriously ill.

Crazy horse 6

Obvious it will and then people say "ah sure at least they listen to us" meanwhile we continue to pay banks billions.

And So I Said

For the love of,

If we all don't stand together and protest against the destruction of our country, nothing will change,

I agree. I imagine you have had your electricity or telephone cut you might like to attend too.

Tea Shark

Obvious it will and then people say "ah sure at least they listen to us" meanwhile we continue to pay banks billions.
That is what worries me. It is such a no-brainer to not target it without even going into all the other places ( PS, promisory) where this would be a pin drop.

blokesbloke

I would attend this rally if I were living in Ireland. I understand cuts have to be made but not to this - there are plenty of other things they could have cut instead - like the special advisors ger12 mentioned.

And So I Said

I would attend this rally if I were living in Ireland. I understand cuts have to be made but not to this - there are plenty of other things they could have cut instead - like the special advisors ger12 mentioned.
and also the people they are looking after have had their electricity and telephone cut.

We haven't had much time to promote this but we are hoping for non-carers to show some solidarity.

Thanks Blokesbloke, love ya.

blokesbloke

and also the people they are looking after have had their electricity and telephone cut.

We haven't had much time to promote this but we are hoping for non-carers to show some solidarity.

Thanks Blokesbloke, love ya.
Aww. Thanks! I wish I could come over to join you!

I don't often do demos or rallies - in fact I think I've only done one which was very sedate - a candlelight vigil for gay rights (we did get some abuse from passers-by but it was all quite mild really) - but for this I would go.

I urge other people to go if you can whether it affects you or not.

The savings being achieved here are tiny and to be honest I wonder if they will save any money at all. These people are going to be left vulnerable - I can see they calling the guards and social services etc. asking for help.

There's a lot more than could be cut before this!

southwestkerry

For the love of,

Look Ribeye I see what you are saying but and their is a very fair but here, they would have saved the same money buy proper accounting for expenses in the civil service.
SWK