• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please contact us.

Protestant Churches attacked

bobbysands81

Willie McCrea had a chance to say it was sectarian and didn't so maybe it wasn't sectarian.

Either that or some loyalist drug dealers (who are only defending their peepil) probably though it was a Catholic Church.

Ballinran

bobbysands81 said:
Willie McCrea had a chance to say it was sectarian and didn't so maybe it wasn't sectarian.
You think the BBC reported his every word?

bobbysands81 said:
Either that or some loyalist drug dealers (who are only defending their peepil) probably though it was a Catholic Church.
Typical republican response. Of course it was the loyalist, 'cos republicna don't do crime, especially sectarian crime, right? :roll:

Utterly wrong and to be condemned no matter who did it.

bobbysands81

Ballinran said:
bobbysands81 said:
You think the BBC reported his every word?

bobbysands81 said:
Typical republican response. Of course it was the loyalist, 'cos republicna don't do crime, especially sectarian crime, right? :roll:
Correct, Republicans by definition don't "do" sectarian crime.

White Horse

bobbysands81 said:
In September 1975, for example, the IRA machine-gunned an Orange Order Hall in Tullyvallen, killing five Protestants.

On January 5 1976, an IRA unit in Armagh shot dead ten Protestant building workers at Kingsmills, in reprisal for Ulster Volunteer Force (UVF) killings of six Roman Catholics the previous day.

Teeban?

FutureTaoiseach

Website
greatdearleader.blogspot.com
The fact that this sort of thing doesn't happen in the South shows NI is a failed state whereas the Republic in terms of intercommunal relationships and other ways, is the success. NI has a dysfunctional society and a dysfunctional state. It's existence separate from the rest of Ireland perpetuates sectarianism.

bobbysands81

FutureTaoiseach said:
The fact that this sort of thing doesn't happen in the South shows NI is a failed state whereas the Republic in terms of intercommunal relationships and other ways, is the success. NI has a dysfunctional society and a dysfunctional state. It's existence separate from the rest of Ireland perpetuates sectarianism.
The fact that unionists don't see the Brit govt as their enemy says it all.

They've allowed themselves be the pawns and foot soldiers that is the failed British political experiment on this island.

They have allowed themselves to be the minions of the Brit Govt. Time to rise up fellas and ackowledge who your real enemies are...

your enemy is not the culturally diverse, successful, well educated prosperous 26 counties.

pogo

Website
stags.pl
FutureTaoiseach said:
The Republic is a 'success' only in so far as it is a monocultural society that expelled it's Unionist minority in the 1920s.

Whereas Republicans are allowed to parade in Belfast, there is a de facto ban on Unionists marching in Dublin.

How can that be described as a 'success' :?:

pogo

Website
stags.pl
bobbysands81 said:
your enemy is not the culturally diverse, successful, well educated prosperous 26 counties.
So are you cuturally diverse, successful, well educated and prosperous, Mr Sands :?:

How would it be possible for me to emulate your good fortune :?:

bobbysands81

pogo said:
bobbysands81 said:
So are you cuturally diverse, successful, well educated and prosperous, Mr Sands :?:

How would it be possible for me to emulate your good fortune :?:
I have 7 years of third level education, I have a good job and as a Republican I welcome all.

My friend, I welcome you with open arms and a hearty "Cead Mile Failte".

White Horse

pogo said:
The Republic is a 'success' only in so far as it is a monocultural society that expelled it's Unionist minority in the 1920s.

Whereas Republicans are allowed to parade in Belfast, there is a de facto ban on Unionists marching in Dublin.

While I share many of your opinions on republicanism, I think you are being unfair on the Irish State.

When the country was founded in 1921, the economy was a wreck and it was three years before a bloody and divisive civil way could be ended.

The divisions that created were as large as existed between catholics and protestants in Northern Ireland.

My mother tells a story about growing up in rural ireland in the 30's. Her parents warned her about passing through fields of a certain farmer as he was noted at shooting at "Blueshirt" children.

This was not a monocultural society.

Despite that bitterness and blood-letting we have build a society based on mutual respect and tolerance.

It was slow, painfully slow at times. There are still problems. Anti-Britishness is still there and ingrained.

You do yourself no favours in denigrating our State.

FutureTaoiseach

Website
greatdearleader.blogspot.com
pogo said:
FutureTaoiseach said:

The parade was a political rather than a cultural event. They were carrying Union Jacks, which are a reminder of oppression of the Irish people over centuries, as well as Loyalist flags, and they were accompanies by Loyalist bands, suggesting it was more than a mere 'victims march'. While condemning the violence, it was only around 700 rioters in a city of 1 million +, and as such is as unrepresentative of Dublin/Southern society as the Mayday riots were of London/British society. Remember that before you rabbit on about the Dublin riot, pogo. I would also like to know why the parade was to begin where one of the Dublin bombs went off, and why Willie Frazer refused to promise, when asked by the media, that a banner used in NI "Love Ulster" marches glorifying Robert McConnell, an alleged key figure in the Dublin-Monaghan bombings, would not be carried on the parade. This parade seems to me to have been provocative. A real victims march should commemorate ALL victims of terrorism, not just members of one religious background.

Calling us monocultural is laughable considering 10% of the population are now non-Irish down here. Compared to 1.2% non-national in NI. :roll: And no we did not 'expel' the Unionists. They just preferred to live in the UK because they saw themselves as British. The losing side in a revolution has a habit of packing up e.g. ethnic-Russians in Central Asia e.g. in Kazakhstan the Russian population fell from 50% to 30% after independence, 100,000 American loyalists left the US after independence. Nothing to do with violence against them personally. Intermarriage also played a major role.

Ballinran

FutureTaoiseach said:
So if the prods surrender to a "united" ireland, republicans will stop burning their churches and orange halls? is that the general idea?

Mise_Eire

FutureTaoiseach said:
The fact that this sort of thing doesn't happen in the South shows NI is a failed state
but these sorts of things DO happen in the green-banana republic.

Mise_Eire

White Horse said:
You do yourself no favours in denigrating our State.
I don't know - eventually you MIGHT just take the hint and realise that we DON'T want to join you.

What I do find interesting is that you are so blasé about the terrible things that happened in the Free State and the republic - because you were "finding your feet" and yet do not make the same allowances for the Northern Ireland state - which was in a similar but even more perilous condition.

duff

Mise_Eire said:
bobbysands81 said:
Remind us why Bik went to jail .....
Because he was given intelligance to say the uvf were meeting in a certain pub, It turned out they werent meeting in the pub. Unfortunatly 5 Civilians were killed in the bombing.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies