• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please us viua the Contact us link in the footer.

Protesters outside the home of Simon Harris, wife and new-born baby

Sweet Darling

Are there no harassment laws in the RoI?

If you stood outside someone's home in NI, intimidating them, you'd be told to move on. If you persisted or returned you'd be arrested for harassment.
This bunch of pond life are connected with the other fat pond life in the sunglasses that waddled down O'Connell St on Easter Saturday.

muttsnuts

Just like a HIV carrier. It's his civil right not to get treated
Ive never denied that people have a right to not get vaccinated. Even if theyre wrong they have the right to not undergo a medical procedure. But the state can take measures to protect other citizens. No constitutional right is absolute and you have to weigh up competing rights in each scenario.

Barroso

"ON SUNDAY, MINISTER for Defence Paul Kehoe was forced to evacuate his home along with his family after anti-eviction protesters arrived at his house.

Speaking yesterday on Morning Mix on South East Radio, Kehoe said that “between eight to ten people” blocked his driveway in the protest. The minister also suggested that such protests “should be legislated against”."

Do we need legislation for this?

IMO I think not.

My apologies if this is a stupid question, but if they blocked his driveway, how did he escape, I mean evacuate?

Barroso

Not everybody can breastfeed, ad that’s for a huge number of reasons. Not everybody can do it.
True, only women can. And loads more than 50% of women could breastfeed successfully; in fact the vast majority of women are able to breastfeed successfully.

Barroso

Experience of a single medical practise in another country, is not good data to draw any conclusions about the safety of vaccines. Plus, an extremely important point you have left out is what vaccines are administered in this doctors office? Are they the same as here? Are they the same brand and composition as those administered here?

You seem to be saying all vaccines are bad and cause autism. I dont believe there is any evidence for your claims. Im going to vaccinate my kids against everything. Unfortunately i cant vaccinate them against ant vaxxers
Why do people like yourself have such a negative attitude towards data when it doesn't suit your pro-vax position?
It's almost as though the vaccination industry paid trolls to rubbish everyone and everything that points out problems with the vaccination industry stance. But of course that would never happen, would it?

Nevertheless, it's a curious fact that the vaxxer campaign on the internet is very similar to the hasbara mass presence on every thread about Palestine & Israel. And they use a similar style of "argument" too - running down the opposition on a personal level, disrespect, aggressivity etc. And they completely ignore any genuine arguments that are brought up.

Greener

True, only women can. And loads more than 50% of women could breastfeed successfully; in fact the vast majority of women are able to breastfeed successfully.
Stats like that are impossible to prove. Pregnancy is a very unique experience and varies from person to person.

RasherHash

Peaceful protest implies standing outside someone's office obeying the law, a group gathering outside a person's home is intimidation.
It's not just 'someone's office' it's a government minister with huge responsibility for people's lives and those people have to be allowed protest against the powerful and well-connected.

They have to be allowed to tell truth to power.

Lagertha

It's not just 'someone's office' it's a government minister with huge responsibility for people's lives and those people have to be allowed protest against the powerful and well-connected.

It's sheer thuggery and that's all there is to it, thuggery from people who probably wouldn't work to warm themselves, the sooner legislation is passed to stop these thugs and scumbags the better.

Lagertha

This bunch of pond life are connected with the other fat pond life in the sunglasses that waddled down O'Connell St on Easter Saturday.
I wonder if they can have their man boobs removed on the NHS? They are probably the same lads who get their tops off at the first sign of a bit of sunshine so women are forced to look at their rolls of fat pasty skin and their awful prison tattoos.

basketcase

Ive never denied that people have a right to not get vaccinated. Even if theyre wrong they have the right to not undergo a medical procedure. But the state can take measures to protect other citizens. No constitutional right is absolute and you have to weigh up competing rights in each scenario.
There are varying views - even among medical professionals who dare to put their head over the parapet on how much
of a risk unvaccinated people do, in fact pose...have a read of this one from the BMJ, which is a reputable, peer reviewed
publication Re: Measles: two US outbreaks are blamed on low vaccination rates. Another perspective

The state certainly can try to take measures as you say, however, it seems that no dissent whatever is allowed regarding vaccination
in Ireland - which is just plain wrong. Furthermore, a scientist in the UK, Christopher Exley recently had a paper retracted from a medical journal,
he was researching why it was that deceased autistic people had more aluminium in their brain tissue than those who weren't autistic.
He also had his funding withdrawn. This guy is not considered a quack by most - so why the need to silence him?
This kind of thing further instills fear in those who are dubious about the safety of vaccinations for some children & it also stifles
any research into making vaccines safer than they currently are. My kids are vaccinated by the way - I am not an anti-vaxxer,
but I think people should be able to make up their own minds & weigh up the risks with unbiased information.

This silencing of people like Christopher Exley is not helpful - if there's an issue with aluminium adjuvants and even if there
isn't surely good research will benefit everyone in the long term and serve to make vaccines safer?

belcoo666

It's sheer thuggery and that's all there is to it, thuggery from people who probably wouldn't work to warm themselves, the sooner legislation is passed to stop these thugs and scumbags the better.
What is sheer thuggery is a government and a political party presiding over the highest numbers on trolleys in the history of the state , people dying on waiting lists or waiting for 7-8 years in pain for hip replacements etc . Only the Irish public are such wimps Fine Gael politicians should need to be transported in armor cars

Lagertha

What is sheer thuggery is a government and a political party presiding over the highest numbers on trolleys in the history of the state , people dying on waiting lists or waiting for 7-8 years in pain for hip replacements etc . Only the Irish public are such wimps Fine Gael politicians should need to be transported in armor cars
:ROFLMAO:

Barroso

Thuggery?
I think you need to look up the definition of the word.

But of course you are going down the road the Spanish government went with the Catalans: at a peaceful day's voting, the Spanish government sent in the police to beat up the public. Over a thousand were injured, and now those who organised the vote are being tried for "rebellion".

Of course, there are precedents for this type-casting of unwanted attention in Ireland. Wasn't a journalist fired from her job for having the temerity to call to a Garda's house to interview the Garda? How dare she! Violence! thuggery! intimidation!

RasherHash

If this keeps up, politicians will have to move into gated communities.
Good enough for them, the protesters should keep it up so.

Lagertha

Thuggery?
I think you need to look up the definition of the word.

But of course you are going down the road the Spanish government went with the Catalans: at a peaceful day's voting, the Spanish government sent in the police to beat up the public. Over a thousand were injured, and now those who organised the vote are being tried for "rebellion".

Of course, there are precedents for this type-casting of unwanted attention in Ireland. Wasn't a journalist fired from her job for having the temerity to call to a Garda's house to interview the Garda? How dare she! Violence! thuggery! intimidation!
Get over yourself, the vast majority of people share my views on these scumbags and their thuggish actions. There's no place for that crap here.

RasherHash

Get over yourself, the vast majority of people share my views on these scumbags and their thuggish actions. There's no place for that crap here.
How do you know that, did you look into your heart?

Hillmanhunter1

You have an exceptionally corrupt understanding of that particular concept - you'd swear it was a bunch of Ghandis we were talking about instead of a primping militia who kill journalists.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies