Protests by the Irish Diaspora

Easy-Irish

Hi all. I am a member of the Irish diaspora. I'm horrified at what's going on at home and I feel powerless to voice my opinion.

I'm trying to arrange a small protest against the enslavement of Ireland in an Asian capital with a very small Irish community.

I'd like to hear from other Irish emigrants who might be interested in protesting in their adopted countries, and I'd like to know if others feel that such protests are worthwhile (though from my perspective, doing something small is better than doing nothing at all).

oggy

Would you be kind enough to tell your friends the internet Irish sites have been dominated entirely by what is known as the ABFF and for their mickey mouse political reasons they are gloating at our economic problems and painting a picture of penury around the world

There are no soup kitchens in the towns and cities of Ireland and we are all living a life of luxury compared to 50 years ago

revolution

Would you be kind enough to tell your friends the internet Irish sites have been dominated entirely by what is known as the ABFF and for their mickey mouse political reasons they are gloating at our economic problems and painting a picture of penury around the world

There are no soup kitchens in the towns and cities of Ireland and we are all living a life of luxury compared to 50 years ago
:roll:

Easy-Irish

Well, it will take a while for the misery to fully manifest itself.

A Time for Every Purpose

Hi all. I am a member of the Irish diaspora. I'm horrified at what's going on at home and I feel powerless to voice my opinion.

I'm trying to arrange a small protest against the enslavement of Ireland in an Asian capital with a very small Irish community.

I'd like to hear from other Irish emigrants who might be interested in protesting in their adopted countries, and I'd like to know if others feel that such protests are worthwhile (though from my perspective, doing something small is better than doing nothing at all).
Hello .I am one of the Diaspora,not so far away though .
I will not be making any protests here ,but would like to be on the march today.
I help, I hope ,by giving my considerable knowledge of Europe to the
posters,which helps ,especially the young ,to have a better ,bigger picture.
:p :roll: :lol:

Spirit Of Newgrange

the Diaspora should all organise some kind of a rally, sometime over the christmas holidays when many of the diaspora are back in the old country

Spirit Of Newgrange

the Diaspora should all organise some kind of a rally in central Dublin, sometime over the christmas holidays when many of the diaspora are back in the old country ....just to remind politicians just how many and what power the diaspora can wield, away from ireland , but not forgotten

disgruntledcitizen

to paraphrase your previous dear leader's role model - "Rodney don't be a plonker all your life"

disgruntledcitizen

well that should provide some bemusement for the locals in whatever country you in :)

Tigris Celtica

well that should provide some bemusement for the locals in whatever country you in :)
Indeed it will - A protest march down Sukhumvit Road, Nathan Road, Orchard Road or wherever - Very effective ! ! Chok Dee ! .:roll:

Just thank your lucky stars you're not going to have to live in this Zanu FF bankrupted feudal kleptocracy for the next decade or so.....

Tigris Celtica

the Diaspora should all organise some kind of a rally in central Dublin, sometime over the christmas holidays when many of the diaspora are back in the old country ....just to remind politicians just how many and what power the diaspora can wield, away from ireland , but not forgotten
I know for a fact that many of the diaspora are so disgusted by the social and economic destruction of this country that Zanu FF carried out over the last decade that they have basically given up on the country and on any ambitions to return here in the future....

I hate to have to say this, but it's become a lot more difficult recently to be proud to be Irish now that Zanu FF have finally completely destroyed this country. They allowed a small economy to be flooded by more than a million economic migrants in less than a decade, totally failed to regulate the banks and allowed one of the most ridiculous property bubble ever seen to develop.

I mean how in God's name did Zanu FF Gobs****s like Padraig Flynn, John O'Donoghue et al ever get elected as Public Representatives in this country ? ? It's EMBARASSING ! !

Last edited:

Albert O'Camus

Organise yourselves first of all, engage with the local embassy so your on the radar of the government, then try to build links with local media, thus causing headaches for the local embassy who will relay this to Dublin, Image is everything...

Insole

FF don't give a damn about image.. Cowen himself is evidence of this, but anyway there's feck all you can do from abroad except save enough money for your family at home. Because soon enough they'll need it.

Lord Muck Savage

What does 'ABFF' stand for?

julieandrews

I'm a member of the diaspora and to be honest I don't give a toss about protesting in some other country where nobody is bothered, what I DO care about is the fact that I'm not allowed have a vote anymore, unlike most other countries which allow their ex-pats to vote - for a few years at least.

I left Ireland a few years ago - in part due to the FF mentality which I saw all around me and which drove me to boiling point on a regular basis. I'm one of those diaspora as Tigris says has given up on Ireland and will never go back - but my means of making my feelings and my disgust with Ireland known - ie my vote, got taken away from me. Sod the protests, just give me a vote and I'd gladly take the time off work and fly home to vote

kenneth

Whatever about other countries but the American based Diaspora don't seem too concerned about the countries plight. There was a news pie e on the news recently about a group of Irish american big wig business men who convened in some fancy New York hotel to discuss the old country. Their message to all of us was to stop moaning and get on with it. In their eyes it seems we shouldn't "moan" about a government which decimate democracy here or try to resist cuts to our services and base taxes to bail out bondholders. Of course it was easy for them to take such a view. The defunct irish economy and right wing policies of ff aren't gonna affect them too much. Their business interests here will of course be safeguarded whilst the minimum wage is being reduced and 28,000 public sectors will lose their jobs. Often it's hard to view the American based diaspora as little more than an embarrassment ( Bill O'Reilly ) but in that news piece they went from embarrassment to an annoyance.

Luigi Vampa

slx

Looks like there's quite clear video evidence that you are living in total denial. I'm delighted that your friends, family and anyone you know isn't experiencing any difficulty whatsoever. However, you clearly don't actually know anyone who is living on the edge :

Dublin Soup Kitchen Serves `New Poor' as Austerity Bites - Video - Bloomberg

Casillas

I'd prefer to see the diaspora organize to actually get a vote. That's far more important than protesting over a government that's on the way out. There are a lot of recent emigrants that should be able to vote in the next general election seeing as how they are personally involved and all.

New Threads

Most Replies