PS Unions admit to costing taxpayers billions in extra costs for poor services

Right is right

If ever anything showed the sad state of affairs in our public sector and the unions this article is it......

In Dec09 the ICTU say that the Govt is sacrificing billions in savings because it won't give a guarantee that there will be no pay cuts and no changes to pensions or compulsary redundancies...

In simpler terms this is the union basically saying that since 2002/3 when benchmarking came in which was supposed to lead to massive improvements in work practices that due to union interference and refusal to actual improve things the Irish taxpayer has been paying billions of Euro more than required for poor services....

Is there any more damaging a view than the unions admitting that there are billions of savings that have been available but they would never let them in without getting something in return???? To be honest I'd love to see them f*ckers try and get a real job where it is a basic requirement of the job to improve things and make them as efficient as possible and the idea of looking for something in return would be laughed at.

Government sacrificing reform on altar of pay cuts - The Irish Times - Tue, Dec 08, 2009

(Before all the usuals paint me as a hater of PS etc I come from a family who on both sides all work/worked in the PS since my grandparents at all levels both frontline and backoffice and am the only one not there and they have pretty much the same opinion)

SeanieFitz

Where were you for the last year ya bleedin' muppet?
was going to post something similiar

over 30 different agencies/bodies were involved in the partnership process, including ictu! however ictu seem to be blamed/credited with everything!

Right is right

Where were you for the last year ya bleedin' muppet?

Post somethng relevant, twit.
The PS on here constantly harp on about how they didn't do anything wrong, how they are efficient etc and their own unions are saying there were billions in savings available with changes to work practices and other work place efficiences and have been for years....

Who else is to blame for these efficiences not taking place???

slumdog1971

The PS on here constantly harp on about how they didn't do anything wrong, how they are efficient etc and their own unions are saying there were billions in savings available with changes to work practices and other work place efficiences and have been for years....

Who else is to blame for these efficiences not taking place???

I'm going to spell this out rather slowly for you just once.

Why in the name of all that is holy and blessed would you think it is in a union's interest to promote changes in work practices etc?

Only a complete idiot with maggots for brains would blame a trade union for not introducing changes in work practices that would affect their own members.

Surely, it is in the interests of management to identlfy practices that need to be changed, efficiencies that need to be achieved, wastes that can be eliminated and to introduce these changes in return for increases in pay.

I think you must have had a lobotomy before you skipped to the cave if you think a trade union would say to management, "Hey manager, thanks for the pay rise and in return you can have my 'privilage days". The manager should be saying that in return for granting you the pay rise I expect you to forego your 'privilage days'.

I don't understand how a poster can say it's a union fault for not changing their work practices even though no one ever asked them.

You're focussing your ire on the wrong people Dude.

Socratus O' Pericles

Thread title a lie. There is no way a person of even moderate intelligence who knows anything about politics,traded unions orpublic service management could extrapolate that the trade unions ADMITTED they are costing taxpayer billions. This guy should be banned if not for lying and trolling then for stupidity.

fiannafailure

Why in the name of all that is holy and blessed would you think it is in a union's interest to promote changes in work practices etc?

Only a complete idiot with maggots for brains would blame a trade union for not introducing changes in work practices that would affect their own members.

Surely, it is in the interests of management to identlfy practices that need to be changed, efficiencies that need to be achieved, wastes that can be eliminated and to introduce these changes in return for increases in pay.

I think you must have had a lobotomy before you skipped to the cave if you think a trade union would say to management, "Hey manager, thanks for the pay rise and in return you can have my 'privilage days". The manager should be saying that in return for granting you the pay rise I expect you to forego your 'privilage days'.

I don't understand how a poster can say it's a union fault for not changing their work practices even though no one ever asked them.

But the so called managers were in the partnership agreement too.

No wonder we are the laughing stock of the world, bertie be proud and all the other little bertie's

Right is right

How about for the very simple reason which may be hard for you to understand - It is in the best interests of the public (ie the taxpayers who pay their wages) who they are supposed to be serving????

Or another reason being that they were supposed to be doing this due to benchmarking??

You work in a business outside the public sector and it is actually expected that as part of your job you will work towards improving work practices, eliminating efficiences etc.....In the world of the unions it seems that you only actually do anything if you get something in return and we wonder why people have such a bad opinion of the PS.

slumdog1971

How about for the very simple reason which may be hard for you to understand - It is in the best interests of the public (ie the taxpayers who pay their wages) who they are supposed to be serving????

Or another reason being that they were supposed to be doing this due to benchmarking??

You work in a business outside the public sector and it is actually expected that as part of your job you will work towards improving work practices, eliminating efficiences etc.....In the world of the unions it seems that you only actually do anything if you get something in return and we wonder why people have such a bad opinion of the PS.
You're still living in some kind of dreamland.

Mnagamers Manage, workers work.

Focus your ire on the managers in the ps. Imbecile.

New Threads

Most Replies