• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please contact us.

Psni 50/50

T

thewanderer

In regards to the 50/50 policy for the PSNI, I have read that the PSNI is struggling to attract/retain Catholic officers. Mainly due to the risk of being killed by Nationalists who see such persons signing up as traitors.

In my opinion that's a silly notion given a Police Officers lot - domestics, petty crime, drunks, drug users, being shot at, having a bomb put under your car, standing for hours in a road while people throw lumps of concrete at you. It's hardly war Lord status. Better representation as a rule usually gives communities greater protection from abuses.

In any case, it's still deemed too risky by a lot of native Catholics to join. In the past it's been reported the PSNI has looked to employ Eastern Europeans to fill the Catholic quota. Which is not terrible but kind of defeats the idea of having persons in the walled off nationalist areas feeling represented.

So as an idea, your opinion would be good to hear, why not try to employ Irish American Police Officers from places like Philadelphia, New Orleans, Chicago, Boston.

They a) are used to dealing with violent, armed, broken communities I would argue are somewhat worse than Northern Ireland communities b) They would be connected to the Irish community but have enough distance so as not to be seen as traitors c) They would bring over new connections for the PSNI and help change its image to the nationalist community , I also don't think the Orange side would mind? (I know the 50/50 is not popular on the Orange side but let's leave that debate for another thread)

CastleRay

The PSNI needs to represent the community it serves. There are many Eastern European citizens in Northern Ireland. Americans are no material part of Northern Irish society. Why would bringing police from a different continent stop nationalists threatening and trying to murder the police, and intimidating nationalists from becoming police officers?

vivabrigada

Walled off Nationalist areas?
;)

between the bridges

Ah ffs and we thought lonelys OPs were bad...

Irish-Rationalist

Import Irish-American police officers from the US to police NI in the interests of changing the image of the PSNI, to attract more kafflick recruits and help stem the dissident threat?

Hope the weather gets warmer. I'd rather be outside than read some of the contributions on this site ..

between the bridges

Import Irish-American police officers from the US to police NI in the interests of changing the image of the PSNI, to attract more kafflick recruits and help stem the dissident threat?

Hope the weather gets warmer. I'd rather be outside than read some of the contributions on this site ..
Pffft, yer just jealous that some other loon thought of it first...

T

thewanderer

The PSNI needs to represent the community it serves. There are many Eastern European citizens in Northern Ireland. Americans are no material part of Northern Irish society. Why would bringing police from a different continent stop nationalists threatening and trying to murder the police, and intimidating nationalists from becoming police officers?
Maybe Eastern Europeans are a better choice by already being a material part of the community? If you cannot get in people from the nationalist community what's the solution? Or maybe even the whole 50/50 is unachievable and not worth following, based on the premise that this course of action will not change dissidents nationalists threatening or trying to murder police?

Last edited:

between the bridges

Anywho last night's p.ie policing action has seen sarge banned, however son of oxymoron appears to have been liquidated...

vivabrigada

Maybe Eastern Europeans are a better choice by already being a material part of the community? If you cannot get in people from the nationalist community what's the solution? Or maybe even the whole 50/50 is unachievable and not worth following, based on the premise that this course of action will not change nationalists threatening or trying to murder police?
How about an all Ireland police service, that would fuk the violent Dissident Republicans up?

between the bridges

Maybe Eastern Europeans are a better choice by already being a material part of the community? If you cannot get in people from the nationalist community what's the solution? Or maybe even the whole 50/50 is unachievable and not worth following, based on the premise that this course of action will not change nationalists threatening or trying to murder police?
If yer going to post about stuff ye know feck all about ye could at least try and pretend ye know something, 50-50 ran for ten years it achieved the levels set out in Patton and was ended as official policy 5 years ago...

between the bridges

Waves...

T

thewanderer

How about an all Ireland police service, that would fuk the violent Dissident Republicans up?
That's actually a fairly realistic prospect, Gardai and PSNI are improving working relationships all the time. Plenty of Southern Irish Catholics work in England for English police forces. This would be better than the quota agreement in the North and towards a united Ireland the mix of officers from North and South all over the Island would improve intergration.

Catalpast

Look the solution is obvious

An All Ireland Police Force!:cool:

They can call it the Royal Irish Constabulary

- ok you cant please everyone I know....:?

T

thewanderer

Look the solution is obvious

An All Ireland Police Force!:cool:

They can call it the Royal Irish Constabulary

- ok you cant please everyone I know....:?
Why would a more united Ireland be a royal one? What would your solution be?

between the bridges

T

thewanderer

Yer article merely confirms what moi said, do try and keep up, ye muppet...
Where did I say it was still going on? The levels are not being sustained

Not too worried if you don't like me exploring a subject. Not that you contribute anything more than hostility, for some reason?

between the bridges

Where did I say it was still going on? The levels are not being sustained

Not too worried if you don't like me exploring a subject. Not that you contribute anything more than hostility, for some reason?
- In yer OP and subsequent posts.

- Exploring? Is that what rambling incoherent sh1te is called where ye haik from?

- Hostility? Pffft child this is the nordie forum, we don't tolerate each other let alone blow in windbags, so welcome to the big boys rules and please note unlike the mexicant board we don't take any prisoners...

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies