PSNI getting ready to police the Border -300 new officers

death or glory

I'm glad the PSNI are taking their border responsibilities seriously and are requesting 300 extra officers to enforce the future border between our two countries on the island.
I do hope they will do as professsional a job at the border as the RUC did in previous generations keeping republican terrorists from crossing the border to their safe haven after carrying out murder raids.

Police ask for more resources ahead of Brexit - BBC News

between the bridges

Good to see the brexit bounce bring jobs to OWC, up next...

mac tíre

Great - 1 cop for every mile of border. That should do it.

AhNowStop

I'm glad the PSNI are taking their border responsibilities seriously and are requesting 300 extra officers to enforce the future border between our two countries on the island.
I do hope they will do as professsional a job at the border as the RUC did in previous generations keeping republican terrorists from crossing the border to their safe haven after carrying out murder raids.

Good to see the brexit bounce bring jobs to OWC, up next...

And here we have our very own forum "Lennies" being "stoopid" beyond belief .. yet again :lol:

that ole famous Crackpot shortsightedness being perfectly demonstrated once again :roll:

Careful what ye wish for now ladies :cool:

death or glory

Great - 1 cop for every mile of border. That should do it.
Don't worry, they will still have the might of the British army to back them up, and rumour has it, Theresa May may bring back the B-men to suppress Republican terrorists, as they were so successful during a previous terrorist campaign.

D

Deleted member 48908

Only 300?!?!

Against a rampaging horde from Persia?!?!

It's like Leonidas at Thermopylae all over again.

mac tíre

Don't worry, they will still have the might of the British army to back them up, and rumour has it, Theresa May may bring back the B-men to suppress Republican terrorists, as they were so successful during a previous terrorist campaign.
I hear they are recruiting for Peep O Day Boys too. Hope your pike is still in the thatch.

Nordie Northsider

Bringing back the B Specials? What could go wrong?

raetsel

Like any large organisation the management will use any excuse to increase manpower expediture. What's the betting that after an initial highly visible flurry of activity along the border most of them will be deployed back in their base stations struggling to keep the paperwork up to date?

AhNowStop

well if you Lennies join they'll need to change the name ...

"B-Special-Needs" ....:roll:

vivabrigada

Like any large organisation the management will use any excuse to increase manpower expediture. What's the betting that after an initial highly visible flurry of activity along the border most of them will be deployed back in their base stations struggling to keep the paperwork up to date?
Nail on the head.
I listened to the CC on radio, asked if a deal was reached on the border would he need them, he immediately replied he'd just redeploy them.

Dame_Enda

There are more border crossings on the island that in the entirety of the Eastern EU or between the US and Canada. Could undermine the argument that the border is impossibly pourus and impossible to police.

Oliver Cromwell McIvor

Don't worry, they will still have the might of the British army to back them up.
The mainlanders didn't want to be here during the Ra's terrorist campaign because they say we let them down in WW2. They sure as hell won't want to come back now.

I say good riddance. We don't need them.

death or glory

The mainlanders didn't want to be here during the Ra's terrorist campaign because they say we let them down in WW2. They sure as hell won't want to come back now.

I say good riddance. We don't need them.
Hi ya Swords.

Oliver Cromwell McIvor

Bring back the B men was one of your more sensible posts DOG. At least we won't have Limeys crawling about the place taking our women.

raetsel

There are more border crossings on the island that in the entirety of the Eastern EU or between the US and Canada. Could undermine the argument that the border is impossibly pourus and impossible to police.

That's what happens when you create an artificial border which divides farms in two & even parishes, not to mention friends and members of the same family, as happened in Ireland. On the continent there are a lot of natural borders, such as wide rivers, lakes and mountain ranges, meaning that there were always fewer crossing points. Partition was always a bad idea here.

Mickeymac

That's what happens when you create an artificial border which divides farms in two & even parishes, not to mention friends and members of the same family, as happened in Ireland. On the continent there are a lot of natural borders, such as wide rivers, lakes and mountain ranges, meaning that there were always fewer crossing points. Partition was always a bad idea here.

Absolutely sir and the damage it done, after being set up by the Brits and unionists is immeasurable.

michael-mcivor

Unionists and x brit army going buck mad today now that x brit army are not allowed to apply for border post jobs in front of the Catholic people- same goes for the x RUC- big talk then another big let down for the x Brits who thought they were going to get cushy jobs in their lean nothing to do years-

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies