• Before posting anything about COVID-19, READ THIS FIRST! COVID-19 and Misinformation (UPDATED)
    Misinformation and/or conspiracy theories about this topic, even if intended as humor, will not be tolerated!

vivabrigada

That's what happens when you create an artificial border which divides farms in two & even parishes, not to mention friends and members of the same family, as happened in Ireland. On the continent there are a lot of natural borders, such as wide rivers, lakes and mountain ranges, meaning that there were always fewer crossing points. Partition was always a bad idea here.

Here's a border crossing (I can't embed).

https://mobile.twitter.com/garrett_carr/status/1001728736545464321

How do you police that?

Newrybhoy

There are more border crossings on the island that in the entirety of the Eastern EU or between the US and Canada. Could undermine the argument that the border is impossibly pourus and impossible to police.

Any word on when the US was occupied and by who?

vivabrigada

Any word on when the US was occupied and by who?

The land was occupied by Europeans who slaughtered the native people.

Any word on how they'll police the border crossing I posted?

GabhaDubh

Great - 1 cop for every mile of border. That should do it.

You need a average of 6 policeperson pre position for 24/7 coverage, so 1 policeperson per 6 miles.

vivabrigada

Cameras and random checkpoints I'd say.

In the middle of a field. Are you thinking of putting cameras all along the border. It wouldn't work I'd give them two days of angle grinders. At most.

Oliver Cromwell McIvor

It wouldn't work I'd give them two days of angle grinders. At most.

Is it true you rebels haven't molested the "Welcome to Northern Ireland" signs apart from shooting one up?

Newrybhoy

In the middle of a field. Are you thinking of putting cameras all along the border. It wouldn't work I'd give them two days of angle grinders. At most.

You can we the cameras back from the border. But if you want a low key border why would you destroy cameras?

For commercial exports either way, a licence would be required. Submit your paperwork online and carry on. If caught abusing the system in the random checks, draconian penalties. Ignore private citizens, wee buns in the big picture.

death or glory

You can we the cameras back from the border. But if you want a low key border why would you destroy cameras?

For commercial exports either way, a licence would be required. Submit your paperwork online and carry on. If caught abusing the system in the random checks, draconian penalties. Ignore private citizens, wee buns in the big picture.

Absolutely correct, and if that doesn't work we'll bring back the B-men..

vivabrigada

Oliver Cromwell McIvor

Absolutely correct, and if that doesn't work we'll bring back the B-men..

That's the only option we'll have because the mainlanders still see us as cowardly traitors.

Phukk them I say.

Newrybhoy

Yes, the Irish are European too. It was the European Empires who raped the Americas, though.

Do you feel that the US/Canada and indeed South America should be returned to the native Americans and the Europeans sent back from whence they came

vivabrigada

Brexit was sold as taking back control of the borders, any EU citizen can dander across the border. They'll probably pass a load of Chief British Brexiteers rushing to get into the EU.

death or glory

Newrybhoy

Brexit was sold as taking back control of the borders, any EU citizen can dander across the border. They'll probably pass a load of Chief British Brexiteers rushing to get into the EU.

I don't see a problem with that. If they are unable to work, claim benefits,get accommodation, healthcare etc without suitable documents, they will soon leave, or come to the attention of the authorities and be deported. Once again draconian penalties for those that employ or house people illegally.

Oliver Cromwell McIvor

Now are you Swords, now that Ratsarse has admitted to being EV.

If you're so keen on folk coming out DOG, when are you gonna tell your missus what you & the lads get up to down the Lodge?

de valera's' giddy goat

what if 200 of those recruits are from the republic, a trojan horse sent to bring down the failed statelet :)

Niall996

Like any large organisation the management will use any excuse to increase manpower expediture. What's the betting that after an initial highly visible flurry of activity along the border most of them will be deployed back in their base stations struggling to keep the paperwork up to date?

Those who make it back to their bases...

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies

Top Bottom