PSNI : Why do they allow crime?

PO'Neill

Website
www.facebook.com

Why cannot the PSNI deal with this crime?
When I seen this I had to ask myself - seriously is this actually allowed or is it a photoshop prank :shock: Unfu*king believable if true :mad:

CastleRay

Probably to tackle it is considered "counter-productive" in terms of community reaction with all the usual "heavy handed policing" allegations and violent reaction that spreads afterwards as seen over decades. Similarly the way they don't tackle riots and then they try to get prosecutions afterwards.

McSlaggart

Probably to tackle it is considered "counter-productive" in terms of community reaction with all the usual "heavy handed policing" allegations and violent reaction that spreads afterwards as seen over decades. Similarly the way they don't tackle riots and then they try to get prosecutions afterwards.
Nationalist politicians do not support this crap because they would get no votes at the next election.

The PSNI could use this magical device call a camera and photograph the wee people building the bonfire. Once they know who they are they could simply ring the wee pets and advise them that if they are seen in the vicinity of the bonfire they will be taken to court.

No need for "heavy handed policing".

GDPR

I would be strongly opposed to going back to the old RUC however having seen the PSNI in action they are far too softly softly.

Also however the PSNI behave fleggers and psycho Republicans will find something to moan about from it.

PBP voter

Maybe the politicians should create the conditions for more jobs in NI.

Then people could afford nice clothes and be able to wash themselves in the slums. T

They would move on and be interested in other stuff.

CastleRay

Nationalist politicians do not support this crap because they would get no votes at the next election.

The PSNI could use this magical device call a camera and photograph the wee people building the bonfire. Once they know who they are they could simply ring the wee pets and advise them that if they are seen in the vicinity of the bonfire they will be taken to court.

I'm not sure if they do this regarding bonfires though. That one above looks like it's in Londonderry which is causing a clear obstruction and there's one in east Belfast annually at Cluan Place which I don't understand how it is allowed to take place. Is the one in Londonderry a nationalist bonfire? There used to be a tradition of lighting a small bonfire at the end of every street in many parts of the east but these are the only ones I've seen recently that are actually built on roads. Whilst the height of some of the bonfires can be dangerous they are usually on waste ground and if the community support them, I'm not overly fussed about them.

One thing to consider is that the law isn't strong enough to deter people to not break it. Hundreds got convictions for rioting during protests over flags and marches on both sides and still these things occur. If you go down to the courts and listen to the sentencing it really is a joke for a lot of the re-offenders with numerous convictions. They don't care.

CastleRay

I would be strongly opposed to going back to the old RUC however having seen the PSNI in action they are far too softly softly.

Also however the PSNI behave fleggers and psycho Republicans will find something to moan about from it.
I have been on here before regarding strong arm tactics of the police and advocated in the past that heavier policing needed to occur with warning first and then meted out on loyalist activity in the first instance so that Nats don't get all "Brit state SS RUC" about it if they've seen themuns on the receiving end of it. I'd be more for zero tolerance on all crime but that's not the way it is.

GDPR

I have been on here before regarding strong arm tactics of the police and advocated in the past that heavier policing needed to occur with warning first and then meted out on loyalist activity in the first instance so that Nats don't get all "Brit state SS RUC" about it if they've seen themuns on the receiving end of it. I'd be more for zero tolerance on all crime but that's not the way it is.
During the Troubles Loyalists also could be at times very anti-RUC. I think one of the reasons that DT had such a thran dislike of the DUP came from this (and to be honest fair enough). I have a pamphlet somewhere around the place from the "Ulster Independence Movement" attacking the RUC in terms that the IRSP/INLA would. There is a lawlessness and sense of entitlement about it from psychos in both tribes which wouldn't go away in a united Ireland. Caulfield has talked about this too.

McSlaggart

One thing to consider is that the law isn't strong enough to deter people to not break it.
The legal profession is a joke and thankfully about to lose a lot of its power and employment.

The simple thing is to take all those who are building the bonfire in for questioning at the same time. Get a contractor to remove the material. Let the wee feckers out. Do until the wee feckers get said message and then give them to the judge for a few nights custody when they would like to be at said bonfire.

CastleRay

During the Troubles Loyalists also could be at times very anti-RUC. I think one of the reasons that DT had such a thran dislike of the DUP came from this (and to be honest fair enough). I have a pamphlet somewhere around the place from the "Ulster Independence Movement" attacking the RUC in terms that the IRSP/INLA would. There is a lawlessness and sense of entitlement about it from psychos in both tribes which wouldn't go away in a united Ireland. Caulfield has talked about this too.
Policing generally got support from the PUL community otherwise the police would have had nowhere to live in Northern Ireland. But like most institutions they are treated with distrust by those not within them. I know I don't particularly like or trust the police, they are necessary though and generally have always done a fairly good job in NI in my honest opinion.

However, the OP is seemingly pointing at an apparent acceptable level of lawlessness and I think he's right. This has been done over many many years. I'm less worried about prioritising bonfires unless they are causing an obstruction on the road like that ones in that Londonderry pic and the one annually at Cluan Place / Albertbridge Road. There appears to be a lot more need for stronger policing on other more pressing matters which they seem to tip toe around such as car crime and "joyriding", drug dealing, racketeering, prostitution rings, etc.

GDPR

Policing generally got support from the PUL community otherwise the police would have had nowhere to live in Northern Ireland. But like most institutions they are treated with distrust by those not within them. I know I don't particularly like or trust the police, they are necessary though and generally have always done a fairly good job in NI in my honest opinion.

However, the OP is seemingly pointing at an apparent acceptable level of lawlessness and I think he's right. This has been done over many many years. I'm less worried about prioritising bonfires unless they are causing an obstruction on the road like that ones in that Londonderry pic and the one annually at Cluan Place / Albertbridge Road. There appears to be a lot more need for stronger policing on other more pressing matters which they seem to tip toe around such as car crime and "joyriding", drug dealing, racketeering, prostitution rings, etc.
Loyalists like "between the bridges" and SOG firebombed the homes of RUC men and women and the DUP refused to condemn during the dramas around the Anglo-Irish Agreement which should always be remembered. And remember that the RUC was firmly on the Pro-Union side during the Troubles. Check out the lad at the beginning of this who says straight out that because the RUC are Protestants they should let "Protestants" riot;

[video=youtube;RVZYQ9FtN7M]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RVZYQ9FtN7M[/video]

Craigmore..

Criminalizing people for a tradition is just out of hand, small numbers of bonfires can cause damage and harm. The approach that is needed is a community and education based one. You have a direction by Nationalist reps that are anti bonfires in their own communities, but that approach is rejected. Nationalist youths will have bonfires regardless, are you suggesting that nationalist youths should be targeted for prosecution?

Bonfires are supported by people, criminalizing people for a political point is just wrong, public support should not be underestimated.

GDPR

Criminalizing people for a tradition is just out of hand, small numbers of bonfires can cause damage and harm. The approach that is needed is a community and education based one. You have a direction by Nationalist reps that are anti bonfires in their own communities, but that approach is rejected. Nationalist youths will have bonfires regardless, are you suggesting that nationalist youths should be targeted for prosecution?

Bonfires are supported by people, criminalizing people for a political point is just wrong, public support should not be underestimated.
Is not one of the points of Protestantism that even if something is traditional that doesn't mean necessarily at all that it is good or should not be put under scrutiny?

former wesleyan

I thought that money was ladled out to " community workers " precisely to stop this crap ? Withdraw the money from the godfathers and see what happens. Or shoot a few.

Craigmore..

Unionists politicos support bonfire, Nationalists/Republican politicos don't.
Can you grasp that fact.
Read this.

Let's see: how can we be even dumber than than themuns? - Jude Collins
Ah yes we try and fail to have bonfires banned in our areas and we will try and get rid of them in other areas where there are support for them because thats what we want and thats equality so it is. ffs you cant even stop bonfires in your own areas, so how do you propose to enforce your ' equaaaaality' in unionist areas? :lol:

GDPR

I thought that money was ladled out to " community workers " precisely to stop this crap ? Withdraw the money from the godfathers and see what happens. Or shoot a few.
Part of this is Dissos trolling the Shinners. The internal CNR dynamics should not be over looked.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies