Public bodies should publish detailed expenditure online

patslatt

From Camilla Cavendish's column in The Times of London,September 23rd,link unavailable:

"Take the Government's demand that public bodies publish detailed expenditure online. The head of a large quango told me that this will help him focus minds a lot more cheaply than hiring a management consultant."

Certainly,such detail would have prevented the expensed foreign travel junkets of FAS executives and help to expose cronyism in contract awards in the public sector. Of course,too much detail without classification could prevent the public from seeing the wood for the trees.

Samell

From Camilla Cavendish's column in The Times of London,September 23rd,link unavailable:

"Take the Government's demand that public bodies publish detailed expenditure online. The head of a large quango told me that this will help him focus minds a lot more cheaply than hiring a management consultant."

Certainly,such detail would have prevented the expensed foreign travel junkets of FAS executives and help to expose cronyism in contract awards in the public sector. Of course,too much detail without classification could prevent the public from seeing the wood for the trees.
Even if there was too much wood in there we could still see who was getting too much for doing sweet FA. But I for one would love to read them

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies