PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT - Bread recall

Deadlock

Mods - I'm putting this in Community - I've no idea where it should go.

Just to tell P.iesters who may be similar to me and for whom life won't start before the 12th cup of coffee of the morning and may not be processing news yet.

Johnston Mooney and O'Brien have issued a recall notice on breads with expiry dates before Feb 11. Check your bread bins before getting the kids lunch sandwiches or your own brekkie toast.

https://www.rte.ie/news/2018/0208/939283-johnston-mooney-obrien/

automaticforthepeople

Shocking that this can happen. That company is toast in the eyes of consumers. They're brown bread, they'll be only left with crumbs after the financial hit they take on sales.

Socratus O' Pericles

This could be the OK Corral of pun slinging. You couldn’t bake it up. No matter how you slice it this going to affect turnover.

hollandia

Shocking that this can happen. That company is toast in the eyes of consumers. They're brown bread, they'll be only left with crumbs after the financial hit they take on sales.
You should send them some flours to cheer them up.

Socratus O' Pericles

Fuukk them says ould Mr. Brennan.

between the bridges

Have the shinners been at it again...

milipod

All dough I think they got the warning out in time.

hollandia

This could be the OK Corral of pun slinging. You couldn’t bake it up. No matter how you slice it this going to affect turnover.
WE need to be careful it doesn't turn into a bun fight. I for one, won't roll over, but will take a rye view of the situation.

Sotired

“Shure it must be like eatin de rusty nails” remarked Auwl Mister Brennan, when asked to comment on the scandal.

Sotired

What’s the problem?

Their website clearly calls out Iron as being one of the ingredients

Ingredients
Wheat Flour (Wheat, Calcium Carbonate, Iron, Thiamin, Niacin), Water, Yeast, Salt, Soya Flour, Vegetable Oil (Rapeseed), Emulsifiers: E472e, E481, Vegetable Fat (Palm), Preservative: E282, Flour Treatment Agents: Ascorbic Acid (Vitamin C), E920.

Morgellons

Soda bread has nails in it?

Terrible.

automaticforthepeople

What’s the problem?

Their website clearly calls out Iron as being one of the ingredients

Ingredients
Wheat Flour (Wheat, Calcium Carbonate, Iron, Thiamin, Niacin), Water, Yeast, Salt, Soya Flour, Vegetable Oil (Rapeseed), Emulsifiers: E472e, E481, Vegetable Fat (Palm), Preservative: E282, Flour Treatment Agents: Ascorbic Acid (Vitamin C), E920.
They'll soon iron out the problem. Sure isn't there iron in Guinness too and that doesn't do you any harm!

mr. jings

This thread is not raising the interest I thought it may. It's flat.

I thought that inclusion of the link as proofing may be kneaded but it's just half-baked and youse are all seriously loafing.
That's the yeast of your worries.

Casablanca

This seems to a problem mainly for the yeast coast. The Crusties needn’t worry about it.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies