Pulling Kenny's Strings

johnnybravo

Is it just me or does good aul Enda remind you of a puppet on a string?
Basically, he really hasn't a clue and wouldn't even know what to do if it wasn't for his advisers. He inherited his Fathers seat and Basically hasn't done much since - and his FG party tend to put the country back to the dark ages and recession. My conclusion on all this - "Enda the political Donkey".

aisling2323

i think that's desperately unfair, biased, partisan and presents everything that's wrong about civil war politics

people may legitimately criticise others for policies, for their position on a particular issue, for failing to make the right decision as you see it - but you are just displaying blind dislike bordering on hatred

you make ridiculous claims (eg put the country back to the dark ages and recession) which you don't even attempt to substantiate

you say 'he basically hasn't done much since' (which i'm sure he would disagree with and many of the constituents of Mayo would disagree with)

but tell me this

what have you done for your country in the past 25 years that gives you the right to write down this unsubstantiated nonsense

tonys

Banned
johnnybravo said:
Basically, he really hasn't a clue and wouldn't even know what to do if it wasn't for his advisers. He inherited his Fathers seat and Basically hasn't done much since - and his FG party tend to put the country back to the dark ages and recession. My conclusion on all this - "Enda the political Donkey".
It’s possible to make a political point without being disrespectful to your opponent.

Enda Kenny seems like a decent man, whether he’d be any good in Government is a matter of opinion, but you can make your point without insulting him, it’s unnecessary and doesn’t help your case in any event.

Eirenua

tonys said:
johnnybravo said:
It’s possible to make a political point without being disrespectful to your opponent.

Enda Kenny seems like a decent man, whether he’d be any good in Government is a matter of opinion, but you can make your point without insulting him, it’s unnecessary and doesn’t help your case in any event.
Enda does seem to be a decent man, he-aw,he-aw, he-always trys his best. :lol:

johnnybravo

I wasn't trying to insult Enda - i was just stating it as i saw it

geraghd

johnnybravo said:
Unlike Bertie who says he went to the "LSE" (Enda actually has a degree) and has a huge coterie of highly paid advisors surrounding him, both from the Civil Service, his own crew employed by the Taoiseachs dept and internal party staff like PJ Mara.

johnnybravo

Yeah But the Difference is Bertie has lead this country into prosperity - Enda doesnt know his arse from his elbo. The country would be in trouble with Enda and the Helm. It would be a sinking Ship.

Simbo67

You don't seem to know your arse from your elbo (sic) either! Imagine if we said this about Bertie, you would be screaming "Fine Gael Dirty Tricks!" ;)

Fr. Hank Tree

parish pump said:
[quote="Fr. Hank Tree":3pfk3q9e]Any fool can criticise...
:lol:[/quote:3pfk3q9e]

Fine comeback. My estimation of you has just sky-rocketed :lol:

the leader

bravo johnny u have officially mad a tit of yourself for all to see.

this is what i hate about P.ie stupid threads like this. It really brings the level and content of discussion way down.

I think it's u that's the donkey, go back to your stable or wherever donkey's live, sleep, eat etc.

A_man_about_a_dog

aisling2323 said:
people may legitimately criticise others for policies, for their position on a particular issue, for failing to make the right decision as you see it - but you are just displaying blind dislike bordering on hatred
I can recall various posts of yours over the last week which have feck all to do with policies. A certain anti-McD/PD thread ring a bell? Or numerous anti-FF/Bertie threads?

Let he who is without sin.......... :wink:

unicorn

What is the point in starting an inane thread like this? It's really disheartening to see that in 2007, some inarticulate people can only express their opposition to someone by name-calling and throwing personal insults. It's similar to schoolyard bullying.

Of all the main parties, Fine Gael is probably the one that I am least likely to vote for but it bothers me when I see any party-leader being treated like this on a public forum.

I knew Enda Kenny very well in the early '70s and he's a decent man. :roll:

Gombeen

johnnybravo said:
"Enda the political Donkey".
What, sturdy, reliable and hard-working? Becuase that's certainly what the image of a donkey evokes for me.

Barbarian

Such a silly thread... this silly tit-for-tat juvenile personalised point scoring should have no place on p.ie – I don’t think anyone would have a problem with these threads being removed and the OP banned for a period.

Lets play the ball and not the man.

The OD

johnnybravo said:
Yeah But the Difference is Bertie has lead this country into prosperity - Enda doesnt know his arse from his elbo. The country would be in trouble with Enda and the Helm. It would be a sinking Ship.
Bertie led this country into nothing, he held on by his fingertips to the great ship celtic tiger as it steamed ahead. He has spent more time defending and spinning the antics of numerous corrupt FF members and this time it looks like his own form of Bertie-speak will be utilised to explain away his current dilemma.

Enda Kenny may be a lot of things and I may not agree with him on many points, but I get the impression that he hasnt got any dodgy financial dealings in his closet.

So therefore, if Enda is even only half as capable as Bertie, then the time he wont spend defending himself against all those allegations should make up for any shortfalls he may have.

So basically its a zero sum game.

geraghd

johnnybravo said:
some would argue this country has become so prosperous in spite of Bertie Ahern.
Why do you say enda doesnt know his arse from his elbow, aside from your unique women's intuition..

ditchhurler

Who is moderating these threads - vindictive, juvenile, bile on both sides, and talking to whom exactly - 99% of posters are already committed in terms of their voting intentions so it's convincing no one either way.