Put on sex offenders list for touching woman's breasts DURING consensual sex!

tokkie

But what makes that a sexual offence in itself, given that they were already having sex?

It's getting to the point where men will need to get women to sign-off on a consent form before sex, detailing exactly what activity has been agreed to, and what is explicitly excluded.
Sexual assault can occur during the course of consensual sex.

EUrJokingMeRight

Consensual sex is one thing but she said 'dont touch my breasts' and he did.

Sure it's a bit of a strange one but boundaries were set and agreed to which were subsequently ignored.

Hard to defend really.

RadicalJacobin

Potential doctor or not this guy committed a crime and should pay the price. The OP makes it seem as if this is some kind of mitigating factor, it isn't and shouldn't ever be. The Judge puts it well in her written judgement
In a written judgment, magistrate Bridget Shaw said: "I am sure that Miss X withdrew consent for Queree to grab her breasts.

"Queree knew this but continued to do so forcefully, causing the complainant considerable pain. This was an assault. Queree touched a sexual and intimate part of her body in a sexual manner without her consent.

"Irrespective of her consent to other sexual conduct, I am sure that the touching was in circumstances of indecency and thus Queree is guilty of indecent assault."
Rape is rape. Sexual Assault is sexual assault. No exceptions.

Dimples 77

Duplicate Account
Consensual sex is one thing but she said 'dont touch my breasts' and he did.

Sure it's a bit of a strange one but boundaries were set and agreed to which were subsequently ignored.

Hard to defend really.

When was this boundary "set and agreed to"?

Dimples 77

Duplicate Account
Potential doctor or not this guy committed a crime and should pay the price. The OP makes it seem as if this is some kind of mitigating factor, it isn't and shouldn't ever be. The Judge puts it well in her written judgement

Rape is rape. Sexual Assault is sexual assault. No exceptions.

In a written judgment, magistrate Bridget Shaw said: "I am sure that Miss X withdrew consent for Queree to grab her breasts.

So previously she had given consent for the breast touching. That must be the case if she then withdrew that consent.

RadicalJacobin

So previously she had given consent for the breast touching. That must be the case if she then withdrew that consent.
Potentially which would make no difference whatsoever. Lets imagine I asked you if you wanted a cup of tea and you said yes. After making the tea you decide that you don't really want it after all. Could I be annoyed, Yes. Could I forcibly pour it down your throat, No. Consent works much the same.

Dame_Enda

Generally speaking when you consent to sex you have a fair idea there will be touching of body parts.

RadicalJacobin

Generally speaking when you consent to sex you have a fair idea there will be touching of body parts.
Yes but if she asked him to stop, then he should have stopped. Consenting to one sexual act does not mean that all imaginable sexual acts must be agreed to afterward.

pumpkinpie

It sounds very strange. Most women enjoy having their breasts touched during sex, although not very roughly, usually. It sounds as if he got what he deserved,but I have to say that it's very concerning that so many cases of confusion over what constitutes sexual consent and sexual assault. What is going on with people these days? There seems to be quite a lot of ''I wasn't sure if I was raped so I asked my friends what they think'' stuff going on. Rape is never OK.

razorblade

Well she did make it clear to him not to touch her breasts and he went ahead and did it anyway its hard to feel sympathy in this case.

Dame_Enda

Yes. Of course. But she specifically asked him not to touch her breasts.
But wasn't that after he started touching them? The judge said she withdrew her consent.

Mercurial

This headline caught my attention so much I clicked on the link and went on to read the whole article. To summarise, a couple meet on Tinder, then after two 'real' dates engage in sex-fully consensual sex, it must be added. However, the guy, a trainee doctor, ends up in court and is sentenced and put on the sex offenders list for touching her breasts during sex-something she didn't want apparently. He can forget about being a doctor now, his career, and some would say his life is effectively ruined now.

I think it's a crazy verdict-handed down by a female magistrate-and highlights how perilous the whole sex thing has become for men.

Medical graduate put on sex offenders' register after grabbing Tinder date's breasts during sex

What do my honouarable P.ie friends make of all this?
I think it's important for you to know that forcibly grabbing a woman's breasts without her consent is a form of sexual assault.

Dame_Enda

I think it's important for you to know that forcibly grabbing a woman's breasts without her consent is a form of sexual assault.
Guilt requires intent, and if he didn't know she wasn't consenting he cannot be guilty.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies